71001 - Minifigures - Series 10

TheOrcKing

Series 10  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 10?

• Librarian
    • Medusa
    • Roman Commander
    • Warrior Woman
    • Tomahawk Warrior
    • Skydiver
    • Bumblebee Girl
    • Grandpa
    • Paintball Player
    • Sea Captain
    • Sad Clown
    • Revolutionary Soldier
    • Baseball Fielder
    • Trendsetter
    • Decorator
    • Motorcycle Mechanic
    • Mr. Gold
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 10?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

That's so awesome, mushedroom! Couldn't have happened to a better man! :coolsmile:

Nice skill putting him together inside the plastic bag he came in too.

thank you sir!

i appreciate the kind words

i'll be posting the unboxing vid i did, just as soon as i'm done blurring out the registration information lol

Congrats on the find. Right now a Mr. Gold will fetch between 500-1000 at auction. We'll assume, for arguments sake, that you will walk away with $750 if you sell today. That's a huge return on a $3 investment. There's no telling which way prices will move from here, though my gut says they go down. I could be wrong though, depends just how much demand there is for Mr. Gold. If there's more than 5,000 individuals out there who have deep pockets and are rabid fans of Lego ( a distinct possibility) there's really no telling how high the ceiling will go as more and more of this figure are accounted for and a panic sets in as collectors begin to realize there's a distinct possibility that they will never get a chance to own one.

My point is there's compelling reasons both to sell now, and to hold in hopes of a higher price. If you're a collector yourself the stakes are higher. If you part ways with the figure you may get lucky and get a chance to buy one back at a substantial discount, or you may be kicking yourself in a month as the price climbs ever higher and you have to choose to either shell out more money to acquire another figure or accept that you let the chance to own this particular minifig slip through your fingers.

great insight

i have him listed on ebay now with some added lego gifts to sweeten up the deal.

lol

hopefully someone bites.

I have a feeling many of you were waiting with anticipation for this to happen. I just added the now standard practice of the "Pick your favorite" poll for Series 10, so vote away everyone! If you are wondering why Mr Gold is not on the list there is two reasons for that. One, I can only fit 16 choices onto the poll. And second, Mr Gold is not a typical character in this Series. In a way, he is similiar to Team GB by being released as a side character and not as one of the main minifigures. Also he is very limited so not everyone will be able to obtain him.

I have a feeling many of you were waiting with anticipation for this to happen. I just added the now standard practice of the "Pick your favorite" poll for Series 10, so vote away everyone!

If you are wondering why Mr Gold is not on the list there is two reasons for that. One, I can only fit 16 choices onto the poll. And second, Mr Gold is not a typical character in this Series. In a way, he is similiar to Team GB by being released as a side character and not as one of the main minifigures. Also he is very limited so not everyone will be able to obtain him.

You are not the boss of me!!!! I picked Mr. Gold!!!!!!

I picked Medusa. An especially fitting tribute to honor the recently deceased Ray Harryhausen, who brought Medusa to life like none other in "The Clash of the Titans".

I didn't even know about that until you mentioned it just now. Dang. From the original Mighty Joe Young to the Sinbad films to Jason and the Argonauts, an amazing artist he was. Rest in peace, Ray Harryhausen.

Soon as I open up my recent set of Series 10 for display, I'll decide on an overall favorite.

I didn't even know about that until you mentioned it just now. Dang. From the original Mighty Joe Young to the Sinbad films to Jason and the Argonauts, an amazing artist he was. Rest in peace, Ray Harryhausen.

Soon as I open up my recent set of Series 10 for display, I'll decide on an overall favorite.

Yeah, those films were childhood staples. CG just isn't the same if you grew up on stop-motion. Amazing work.

As far as the figs, i have found a couple stores with series 10 but still can't even find a Medusa, Grandpa or Sea Captain...pretty lame. People are hitting the racks like locusts for Mr. Gold and are leaving nothing but paintballers, parachutists, and baseball players.

I got a chance to open up my set of Series 10 and I must say, this is probably the most difficult series to pick only one as a favorite. For Series 9 I eventually picked a favorite I think but, holy cow, this is a stumper; all of them are just so good! Even the characters I like the least are still good. Medusa is just freakin' brilliant, Roman Commander and Paintball Player are awesome, even the Decorator is nice. I'm not much for Grandpa, Librarian, Bumblebee Girl, Sea Captain, and Trendsetter but even so I still like them. Man alive, I'm probably just going to have to do the old way of picking a favorite. Let's see, eeny meeny.... :)

if anyone is interested here is my video of opening mr gold........

fair warning there is some explicit language in it as I could not contain my excitement.

I just watched your video with my significant other and she thought your reaction sounded similar to another type of male "stress release"....lol