10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

I think this thread needs to be pinned. I really can't believe that so many people not only wasted time with this, but actually posted for days about how it's legit and what not. I'm sure that nobody is really out anything as Amazon has the money, not the seller, but I still don't understand why anyone would waste the effort on something that was clearly a scam from the start. I have no idea what the seller hoped to gain from this, but maybe enough people never request a refund that it makes it worth a shot for them.

• Like 2

I think this thread needs to be pinned. I really can't believe that so many people not only wasted time with this, but actually posted for days about how it's legit and what not. I'm sure that nobody is really out anything as Amazon has the money, not the seller, but I still don't understand why anyone would waste the effort on something that was clearly a scam from the start. I have no idea what the seller hoped to gain from this, but maybe enough people never request a refund that it makes it worth a shot for them.

I couldn't agree more. This seems to be a common thing around here...post something that's obviously a scam and take a chance on it anyway even though it clearly has the hallmarks of a scam. Why waste the time?

I still don't understand why anyone would waste the effort on something that was clearly a scam from the start.

I'm still a little green around here, so maybe didn't catch it the way some others did, but this one wasn't as obvious to me. The posting of sets one after another was a little suspicious, but the price (300) wasn't so low that it felt like a salesavo scam or something like that. Plus they had a decent amount of positive feedback and had been on the Amazon marketplace for a number of years. The general consensus was that it was worth the risk given the circumstances, considering the fact that Amazon could guarantee a refund if necessary. I definitely wouldn't have purchased had it been an independent website.

I'm still a little green around here, so maybe didn't catch it the way some others did, but this one wasn't as obvious to me. The posting of sets one after another was a little suspicious, but the price (300) wasn't so low that it felt like a salesavo scam or something like that. Plus they had a decent amount of positive feedback and had been on the Amazon marketplace for a number of years. The general consensus was that it was worth the risk given the circumstances, considering the fact that Amazon could guarantee a refund if necessary. I definitely wouldn't have purchased had it been an independent website.

Agreed. We knew it was like playing the lottery. No need to pin.

Funny thing is I tried to cancel the order but the seller said it was too late. "It shipped already". Ha

I couldn't agree more. This seems to be a common thing around here...post something that's obviously a scam and take a chance on it anyway even though it clearly has the hallmarks of a scam. Why waste the time?

Its clear that some people have more time on their hands than others. This is precisely why you shouldn't wait till the last minute to get these obvious winners, no one wanted to pay retail for this set when it was available, now some are paying over retail for an obvious scam just to try to get their hands on one.

Its clear that some people have more time on their hands than others. This is precisely why you shouldn't wait till the last minute to get these obvious winners, no one wanted to pay retail for this set when it was available, now some are paying over retail for an obvious scam just to try to get their hands on one.

Stephen,

You are generalizing. The reason I don't have 15-20 Shuttles is because my investment play money was tied up in stocks until last Feb. While there are some didn't want to pay retail late last yr, there are also others like me who didn't have the cash available or were unsure about Lego investing.

There was seriously nothing to lose by buying this set from this horrible Amazon seller. We rolled the dice. Just like others rolling the dice and getting retailed priced Zombies from Asia earlier this yr, retired sets from Target and Walmart, and QARs from Canada. I spent 4 total mins on this purchase and getting a refund.

Stephen,

You are generalizing. The reason I don't have 15-20 Shuttles is because my investment play money was tied up in stocks until last Feb. While there are some didn't want to pay retail late last yr, there are also others like me who didn't have the cash available or were unsure about Lego investing.

There was seriously nothing to lose by buying this set from this horrible Amazon seller. We rolled the dice. Just like others rolling the dice and getting retailed priced Zombies from Asia earlier this yr, retired sets from Target and Walmart, and QARs from Canada. I spent 4 total mins on this purchase and getting a refund.

Don't get me wrong I don't have that many, what I'm saying some wait until its too late point and miss the boat, then end up paying more than MSRP because they waited too long. I personally don't think its worth it. Just wondering why I'm generalizing but the two people I was agreeing with weren't??

The problem with perpetuating these types of things is that it causes problems for legitimate sellers. These things have a negative impact on all sellers, but the impact will be greater on the lower feedback, new sellers, which is likely, or will be in the future, the people who are currently just getting into this. Most of the buyers out there aren't all getting together in forums thinking it's cute when they think they are getting a good deal on something and it doesn't happen. It will either turn them away completely, or make them more inclined to only purchase from major retailers and resellers who have a long track record of selling this stuff.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong I don't have that many, what I'm saying some wait until its too late point and miss the boat, then end up paying more than MSRP because they waited too long. I personally don't think its worth it. Just wondering why I'm generalizing but the two people I was agreeing with weren't??

I read your post before theirs :)

Hi

I visited Legoland Billund today and I am going there tomorrow too. They have a enormous Lego store and it said on the theme park map that it is the biggest Lego store in the world.

But my point is that they have UCS Imperial Shuttle 10212 there for 2499 Danish Krone but all Star Wars is 25% so its going to be 1875DKK (327$ or 251

Guest eightbrick

The going rate for these is about $350, but if you extrapolate the rise in prices, it should be very profitable in a couple of years, maybe even by Christmas. That said, many investors got this for a (much) lower price, so it's not going to be "the best" investment. If I were you and had the money I would get between 1 and 4, the price is just too high to justify buying all ten, especially if some boxes are damaged. Is room a problem (eg. are you driving in a small car)?

Good luck!

It's a bit odd for a Lego store to sell merchandise above retail, right? Still, at those prices you should get at least one. I think it's a set you'll regret not buying.

It is not above retail. That is normal retail. Denmark has very expensive Lego prices even though the factories are here next to the Legoland.

I think you should grab as many as you can carry and afford.  As long as they aren't too badly damaged.  If you want more insight have a read of this Blog: http://community.brickpicker.com/blog/5/entry-189-brickindex-spotlight-imperial-shuttle-10212/  Or check out some of the reviews for the set here: http://www.brickpicker.com/reviews/set.cfm?set=10212-1

Thanks for posting the pictures, ralal. That is a huge Lego store, alright. Also doesn't look anything like Lego stores here in the states.

If I were there, I'd be buying all 3 of those star wars planets series 4 sets. I don't think we'll get those until September :(