10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

Might be worth holding onto for a little bit longer, a few months maybe.  Just to be sure that growth has flattened.  There is also the thought that if growth has flattened then this will see an influx of sellers taking their profits, so either getting in before them, or waiting for well after (due to a probable initial price dip and then a bit of a possible comeback once supply thins out) would be my train of thought.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like the price is dropping to the low 300s. Really disappointing considering it's nice gains right after EOL. I guess with no movies there is nothing to spike an interest in OT sets or any SW set for that matter. I really hope LEGO SW makes a huge comeback once the new movies come out. This theme is what got me into LEGO.

Yeah its just the december area. It will go back up. There aren't an insane amount of them on Ebay or anything driving the price down. its more that its not a Christmas Target set for people. It will go back up for sure.

I am thinking about snagging one before it pops back up (used). I really want to build the set.

• Like 1

Yeah its just the december area. It will go back up. There aren't an insane amount of them on Ebay or anything driving the price down. its more that its not a Christmas Target set for people. It will go back up for sure.

I am thinking about snagging one before it pops back up (used). I really want to build the set.

I bought one back about a month and a half ago and put it together.  It's seriously a phenominal set.  Pictures really don't do it justice in regards to size.  It's seriously BIG.  It's a very good solid set.  I do not regret a single penny I dumped into the set!  You won't either.  I would suggest buying it with it being cheap right now.

• Like 3

People are listing these for crazy high prices right now. It's not a $450 set (yet) because of the cost to ship it. 

Its worth every penny of the $500-$600 it'll be worth once reseller supply dries up. I have zero regrets opening and building mine knowing it was $400.

Probably a result of what I believe is a trend for large retired sets on December. We'll see if it recovers after the holidays.

Indeed.  I have also noticed a bit of a trend where sets take off after EOL, and then plateau or even dip a bit.  I think that's due to many people seeing the high price increase and clamoring to sell and bank the profits.  That results in a bit of over supply on the secondary market dampening the price.  Many sets recover to have "normal" growth after that.

• Like 1

Indeed.  I have also noticed a bit of a trend where sets take off after EOL, and then plateau or even dip a bit.  I think that's due to many people seeing the high price increase and clamoring to sell and bank the profits.  That results in a bit of over supply on the secondary market dampening the price.  Many sets recover to have "normal" growth after that.

Exactly - thats the timeline with sets that are heavily invested in.

1. Price jumps and climbs

2. At a certain point, the antsy or satisfied finally sell

3. Once this is dried up, the set starts to slowly climb again

So most sets are going to hit this lull. And certainly at points like this during the year. You will see it with teh POTC and HP sets this next year. Probably stay about the same until mid summer and then start climbing again.