10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

• 1 month later...

So I'm thinking it might be time to start selling this set. It has leveled off from its initial EOL spurt and boy did it hit the ground running. My thoughts are this, a theory is that older SW sets could see some significant growth when the new movies come out. I am thinking that any ships or scenes that are profiled in the new movies will be made by LEGO at that time regardless of whether or not they have been made already, so would any potential growth of the olders sets be counter acted by the release of remakes? Thoughts???

• Like 1

post-9792-0-65892100-1378639467.jpg

If you follow the data, there was a huge spike in sold sets when this thing took off. Now it is petering out a bit with growth slowing. The sales on ebay though are declining. The set is just taking a breather before another possible spike before Christmas, though nowhere near as strong as the last. Following that as the set continues to disappear the price will increase. If you want to invest that money into something else you think will be a short term, high gain winner, that is fair enough, but this baby still has legs.
They might remake the shuttle with smaller renditions, but it will be awhile before we see another large one like this.

• Like 1

What price range are you looking at selling? I checked eBay and there are approx 25 sets being offered at the moment.

Because this is one of the old school Star Wars sets, I do not think this set will be affected by over saturation should any more sets come out, new moves or not.

This may be a bit of a sleeper set as I must be honest, I had to google it first to remember it. It is not as high profile as a smuggler's ship co piloted by a wookie but it is certainly an iconic ship fit for an Emporer...

Thanks for looking......I use the eBay mobile app and the app does not allow you to check sold listings. What do you think an auction starting at .99 would fetch? Account for it being MISB, many photos for the item provided and a 100% feedback score 80.

I used the eBay iPad app to check, not a bad feature.

Anyho, auctions as recent as is month have finished about the US$350 to US$375 mark, so your asking price is not unobtainable, more a question of market desire..

Thanks for looking......I use the eBay mobile app and the app does not allow you to check sold listings. What do you think an auction starting at .99 would fetch? Account for it being MISB, many photos for the item provided and a 100% feedback score 80.

The app for the iphone and ipad certainly allows you to check sold listings under the refine set of options after a search.

Latest auctions are hovering around the $330 mark.I think at an auction you are looking at 330-360, unless you get some freaks into an uninformed bidding war. That is always fun. At that price though, I wouldn't be throwing my lot in.

To me it depends on what type of investor you are. If you like to ride the immediately EOL spurt and then sell and invest in something else about to go EOL go for it. If you are less sure, I think this set is still going to go much higher than now.

If you are looking for $400 - I would put up a BIN for it and list that its mint 100 times in the listing and you will eventually get it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They will not remake this set.  You know my position.  Hold onto any and all STAR WARS sets until or just before the new movies hit.  The hype will be off the hooks.

I agree with you - but why just before? Why not just after?

I was thinking we might get another generation of Star Wars fans who go back and watch the old movies.

I agree with you - but why just before? Why not just after?

I was thinking we might get another generation of Star Wars fans who go back and watch the old movies.

Before because of the lead-up hype - previews, promos, fansites, advertising -- and all those slavering fans have money and interest before the movie actually hits the theater.

After is fine, too, but as soon as everyone else is doing your advertising for you is as good if not better (and beats the selling rush, sometimes).

Before because of the lead-up hype - previews, promos, fansites, advertising -- and all those slavering fans have money and interest before the movie actually hits the theater.

After is fine, too, but as soon as everyone else is doing your advertising for you is as good if not better (and beats the selling rush, sometimes).

There's almost always "hardcore fan" backlash after the release (even though they're the ones standing in line for two days to be the first in the theater), and heaven forbid if the movie actually stinks, demand would slack then, too.

I agree with frog - prior to the movie release is a less risky time to sell.

• 2 weeks later...