10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

Great score!!!! My exclamation points will never show how envious of you I am. LOL

I would wait until mid-November to December to sell. That's typically the best time to sell, and you won't even have to hold it that long!! I'll bet you can sell it in the upper $400's if not $500! Great score..

if you remember correctly this set was always sold at MSRP at TRU. Also is was on sale frequently on their website, once at 189.00

I know, just that I'll take any chance to rip on TRU's Lego prices :)

My TRU never sold these... Probably because there's a Lego store across the street.

Wait wait wait! Something's fishy about this deal. If you bought it at TRU, shouldn't it have cost like $315 or something? I call shenanigans!

In your face Diabolos80! ???

So i found the set right on the shelf with the other SW sets. There were 3-4 SSDs also, but those were $449. The funny part is I saw another IS at a different TRU over the weekend, but that was $301. I thought about it a bit but decided to pass. Maybe everyone should be checking their TRUs???

As far as keeping/holding/flipping goes, im thinking I will hold for a few years, but not definite yet. Im still eelatively new to this world so any and all advice is welcome.

post-13536-0-42925300-1374110756_thumb.j

The box is not in great shape, but not terrible. One of the end flaps is bent in the corner and the seals are a bit loose. Its also dented from the stupid security wires. I am curious if people think this is in sellable condition?

Yes you can get $325 out of it easy now... or wait two years and laugh your way to the bank.

In your face Diabolos80!

So i found the set right on the shelf with the other SW sets. There were 3-4 SSDs also, but those were $449. The funny part is I saw another IS at a different TRU over the weekend, but that was $301. I thought about it a bit but decided to pass. Maybe everyone should be checking their TRUs???

As far as keeping/holding/flipping goes, im thinking I will hold for a few years, but not definite yet. Im still eelatively new to this world so any and all advice is welcome.

I'm thinking you should hold it. This might be the last great earner in the UCS line, like $700+ in a few years. I certainly don't think the B-wing or the x-wing rehash will come anywhere near the Shuttle.

Great score!  Your quicknes to sell will probably depend on when you need the funds.  If you can hold onto it for another year and a half and sell at Christmas '14, you will do yourself a favor.  At your entry point, this is already a winner, so anytime you sell, you're going to make money.  A nice no-stress stock for the most part.

Guest ph4tb0i

I wouldn't want to burden you like that! I will just drop it off at the local charity. But thank you so much for ur kind offer!

Insert obligatory Star Wars reference. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

You mentioned the seals were loose.  When I first saw the pics, I wondered if it was a return as I've never seen a sealed box in that kind of shape.  If you haven't already, I think it would be worth checking inside to make sure all the bags are still sealed.  Just looks a little iffy to me...

Now that I think about it, if I had found any set I wanted to purchase with loose seals like that, I would ask to look inside first.  If anything were missing, it would really affect the selling price, since the set is retired.