10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

If you don't have a postal scale try taking it to the post office to be weighed, in the States most Post Offices have an automated kiosk with a scale on it. The only way to be absolutely sure it's legit is to do what frog said and open it up. If you're worried about breaking the seals take a look through eBays listings that say something along the lines of "new set open box" or "open box with sealed bags". Sets like that are sold as new without much of a discount.

I just had to open up a Fire Brigade I got because the seals had dust under them and wrinkles. I don't think the value will be effected that much. A lot of people are going to open them anyways. It's better to poke it when you know you can get a refund instead of later on and then your out all of that money. IMO

-I don't always go shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

Thanks for all the great tips on this guys, I am pretty sure I will sleep better opening the box and verifying the contents. Then I will go ahead and deal with the ebay seller. 

How do I find out how many bags are supposed to be in this set. Sounds like it contains bags with no numbers, and I cant find a total count anywhere. Anyone know? 

• Like 1

brickset.com should have that info.

Sometimes they do. I have been surprised no site has taken on the task of putting this info together. Its SO helpful.

I search Eurobrick forums too as they have it sometimes as well.

And google image that crap. if you get someone with an open box set on Ebay, it will get you what you want.

Cracked it open and all bags accounted for, manuals are in mint condition as well. Too bad I had to open it but I feel better knowing its all there. Reported the seller on his shady cancellation email. 

Now lets watch this set rise :) 

Happy investing, thanks for all the help and feedback on this 

I was on the other of a deal like that recently. Sold a NIB Imperial Shuttle to a buyer, who wanted me to ship to a proxy post office. I thought he was located in S. Korea (I have read from other members, problem with buyers in S.Korea). He was relatively new Ebayer. Contacted EBay. They said go head. Long & short, every thing worked out O.K. It stinks when you have concerns like this on the high priced items. All my sales on the more inexpensive side, seemed go off like clockwork.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Is it just me or we're finally seeing some movement up in prices for this set on the UK market? In the last 6 months it's gone up with £100 judging by the sold listings. Also it seems the supply dried out a bit as there are less sellers with this set... I can already see it being £600+ in less than six months

Too bad I broke out of my dark ages in late 2012 or would have picked up more than just 1 of these.  It had all the indicators of being a winner even with my limited Lego investing knowledge then.  The 1983 Kenner version was a very popular toy and has a cult following like other semi-popular ships.  Ugh.

5 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Too bad I broke out of my dark ages in late 2012 or would have picked up more than just 1 of these.  It had all the indicators of being a winner even with my limited Lego investing knowledge then.  The 1983 Kenner version was a very popular toy and has a cult following like other semi-popular ships.  Ugh.

Same here. I was still dealing mostly with SW TVC and the green and red cards from the 90's. Finding an PoP Ostrich Race at a TJMAxx opened the Lego door for me. I bought my only NIB Shuttle with a SSD during the same BOGO.

• Like 1