10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

I just emailed the seller and started reading over their feedback more in-depth. Its pretty crazy. They are currently getting bombed with bad feedback for multiple lego items, and they've responded to some of the bad feedback with the same generated response of

"You were issued a full refund when you emailed claiming you didn't receive it. How is that bad selling practices?"

This might be a little worse than I had initially thought. Even if they are issuing a refund to everyone, I think this is one of those things where they are likely holding onto credit/debit card information. Amazon really needs to know about this and actually investigate.

"This might be a little worse than I had initially thought. Even if they are issuing a refund to everyone, I think this is one of those things where they are likely holding onto credit/debit card information. Amazon really needs to know about this and actually investigate."

First time poster and relatively new to the site however knowing the amazon system is something that I a familiar with.

Josh Amazon doesnt work like that for third party sellers.  I am a fellow third party merchant with featured seller status on amazon and how it works is amazon handles all payments.  As a third party merchant you dont even have access to credit card info.  When you process the order as shipped the money then is transferred into your merchant account.  You then can withdraw it to your bank account from there.  

This sellers metrics should hit a threshold where he gets banned i would assume.  Amazon does not mess around in banning bad sellers as we are extensions of them and they do protect there image very well.
  • Like 2

"This might be a little worse than I had initially thought. Even if they are issuing a refund to everyone, I think this is one of those things where they are likely holding onto credit/debit card information. Amazon really needs to know about this and actually investigate."

First time poster and relatively new to the site however knowing the amazon system is something that I a familiar with.

Josh Amazon doesnt work like that for third party sellers.  I am a fellow third party merchant with featured seller status on amazon and how it works is amazon handles all payments.  As a third party merchant you dont even have access to credit card info.  When you process the order as shipped the money then is transferred into your merchant account.  You then can withdraw it to your bank account from there.  

This sellers metrics should hit a threshold where he gets banned i would assume.  Amazon does not mess around in banning bad sellers as we are extensions of them and they do protect there image very well.

Thank you sir, that's good to hear. Also, welcome to the site!

Good to know. Although now I have no idea how someone was able to use my card. Creepy feeling.

I received a reply from the seller. Here's what they said:

"We've discovered an issue with our shipping partner not delivering these sets to our customers, and while we are working with them to get to the bottom of this (here read: screaming at them) we are currently refunding all buyers who have not received their sets. We are terribly sorry about this incident; believe me when I say this situation has been a complete nightmare for us."

Similar to what jaisonline was saying earlier, this whole thing sounds to me like a means of resolving a cash flow issue the seller may have had.  For whatever reason, they needed money quick, sold some dummy sets to get some quick cash, and then once they were paid on some incoming merchandise, began issuing refunds.  If they did this for a small number of sales, this would have probably gone unnoticed as they have mountains of good sales feedback to override a few bad ones.  You can see they've done it before by reading earlier review comments.

I'm not sure they'll be surviving this one, though.  They're getting murdered in their most recent reviews.