10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

I had them in my cart from both links, but still couldn't pull the trigger. You guys can feel free to throw it in my face if this turns out to be a $1000 set, but I've always felt it was boring and will underwhelm from an investment standpoint in the long run. We'll see... Even with these going for $450 at Christmas, you'll still only be clearing $30-$40.

You could be right, who is to know really. I like the set but not at any price above retail.

I had them in my cart from both links, but still couldn't pull the trigger.  You guys can feel free to throw it in my face if this turns out to be a $1000 set, but I've always felt it was boring and will underwhelm from an investment standpoint in the long run.  We'll see...  Even with these going for $450 at Christmas, you'll still only be clearing $30-$40.

If it gets to $450 I think you will end up with around $80 in profit.

I had them in my cart from both links, but still couldn't pull the trigger.  You guys can feel free to throw it in my face if this turns out to be a $1000 set, but I've always felt it was boring and will underwhelm from an investment standpoint in the long run.  We'll see...  Even with these going for $450 at Christmas, you'll still only be clearing $30-$40.

Can you break down your math here? I am seeing $30 today at $375 and just under ~$90 at $450.

I may actually build one of these, so $30 over retail was a great deal. But I figured I would hold onto the second and see what it does.

Can you break down your math here? I am seeing $30 today at $375 and just under ~$90 at $450.

I may actually build one of these, so $30 over retail was a great deal. But I figured I would hold onto the second and see what it does.

Any profit is better than no profit, so it's all up the buyer/seller as to what they get out of it.

I just LOLed, that's really funny.

I just pulled the trigger on 11 total 290

I DO NOT GET YOU  PEOPLE

This set was 259.99 retail + tax 283....

So you are  buying a set that is peaking 450 on each 7$ above retail

maybe im not understanding but can someone explain why people are so afriad of this set? Its a UCS, lots of minifigs and has a very good piece count its 11 cents a piece... we will never see something like that again from a star wars set... look at the ssd its 400 bucks for 3100 pieces

/rant

I DO NOT GET YOU  PEOPLE

maybe im not understanding but can someone explain why people are so afriad of this set? Its a UCS, lots of minifigs and has a very good piece count its 11 cents a piece... we will never see something like that again from a star wars set... look at the ssd its 400 bucks for 3100 pieces

/rant

I would've gotten in at that price. But by the time I got back to my computer they were up to 450 again. I am routinely punished on Amazon by "doing other stuff" with my life. I feel like if I sat in front of the PC all day I wouldn't have missed this deal or the Haunted Houses for 135. But alas, life happens.

I would've gotten in at that price. But by the time I got back to my computer they were up to 450 again. I am routinely punished on Amazon by "doing other stuff" with my life. I feel like if I sat in front of the PC all day I wouldn't have missed this deal or the Haunted Houses for 135. But alas, life happens.

It's been back and forth at the $286.90 price all day.

I just LOLed, that's really funny.

My comment

I DO NOT GET YOU  PEOPLE

/rant

Not sure why you quoted my post on this. Exciter's comment just happened to tickle my funny bone - it was not an indictment of the set at all. In fact, it had nothing to do with the set. I actually really like it.

Hmmm.  I bought one.  you purchased 11?   Just how many did this seller have? 

$290 minus amazon & partial shipping fees doesn't leave person much profit especially when the item sells for more on ebay and the fees are lower (even with paypal).

i'm beginning to think it is "shady".  I would feel better if amazon itself was do the shipping. 

If though I'm protected as the buyer, it will take ample BS and time to get a refund.