10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

I picked up a damaged box imperial shuttle 10212 the other day, on clearance for 199 minus another for opening account. Box looked to have been opened and taped back up. Store said it was just damaged box so I checked it out and found all internal bags opened. Store had no more in stock and said I could just return but figured I'd build and see if complete. It ended up only missing 3 pieces plus 3 minifigs. Its cheap enough to keep open boxed I believe, but are the minifigs expensive if I want to complete?

Just curious what store had one of these in stock on the shelves? And yah, I would probably keep it and make it the set I build for myself...

Guest AnnexBrett

If you check completed auctions for the last 30 days most of the Shuttles ended at $350-400 which is great, I have sold a few at that price in the last 2 months, I will wait for Christmas to sell more. Its weird alot of people won't buy the hot sets even when they are on sale, but once they are sold out they wish they could pay full retail price again. Few examples The Black Pearl, Queen Revenge, Harry Potter Castle and Diagon Alley, Nijango 2507. You guys that got the Harry Potter Castle Bundle unless you really need the money wait a while before you sell it. Some guys are asking is $69 a good price for the Vampire's Castle, Its a steal I found 3 more today for $69 now I have 55 of them and I still looking for more. If you are getting some for $69 don't sell them now to make $20 clear you have to hold on to them. So get the Vampire Castle, Helm's Deep, Nijango 9450, and don't forget the SW Falcon. 90% of People cannot buy the 10179 Falcon so they will settle on the 7965 set, and the next Falcon should be a few years down the line. Now there are other sets but we have no idea when they are retiring. So don't miss the boat on these sets. Ed

I completely agree with you and its awesome you are able to not just finance (at some point, with a smart buy/sell ratio it could be self-sustaining), but store that many great sets for a longer period of time! Some investors boundaries really is the storage! Sad but true... :(

And if you guys are not loading up on The Haunted House, Tower Bridge, SSDS, SW Falcon, Nijango 9450 you will have the Blues again for not getting them.

I'm totally feeling the blues on 10212, but again @ $320 with a little box damage worth getting? The market trend seems like these are on the up and up

I purchased one for 310, but I plan to hold it for a long time. I like buying retired sets with proven growth, but they're no good for any kind of flip. But in 6 or 7 years, who knows what it might be worth? What about in 19 years? Those of you selling now should probably hold onto one.

What not to be a fan of?

I had them in my cart from both links, but still couldn't pull the trigger.  You guys can feel free to throw it in my face if this turns out to be a $1000 set, but I've always felt it was boring and will underwhelm from an investment standpoint in the long run.  We'll see...  Even with these going for $450 at Christmas, you'll still only be clearing $30-$40.