10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

Hold your horses there, I don't think your going to see them doubling in value in 2-3 months but good luck with that!

I'd hold them for at least a year or two, and save a couple for the long term, wouldn't it suck if you saw them for going for a $1200 in 5 years and had to know that all the transactions you did with that money still didn't help it perform as well as holding onto the set?

they already went up 50 dollars just this month. i think sets are going to start going up in price faster, at least in the short term, because of all the new investors joining the market. your right about the fact that it probobly wont double though...

Just got back from TRU got 2 Imperial Shuttles for 229 each. Set was on shelf and they had another in the back. They let me do two seperate transactions and I got the 20 off 75 deal plus 10% off both for opening a TRU credit card. This is probably the best find I have since beginning this quest of ours a few months ago. Called another TRU but they didn't have any. So just a word of advice to keep your eyes open when you are there!

I found the same thing yesterday. Just stopped in to check things out and there were two on the shelf. I couldn't believe it. One of the employees saw me as I was checking out and kinda freaked out too. She said "when did we get THOSE in?!" She said her boyfriend was a collector and would love one of those. Funny that I got these before an actual employee even knew they were on the shelf. Checked another store on the way home from work and they had nothing.

I have suggested this before.....if you are going to build it, the condition of the box is of less importance, if you are buying it to sell here is my advice, asked for a huge discount, the worst they can say is no then lessen the discount, they might go for it ya never know. Then all you have to do is buy a mint box from a site like bricklink and put the sealed bags in the new box you bought......... bingo problem solved.

the odd thing I thought was that the manager said it came in off the truck the other day. They didn't know it was EOL either. One of them I got was opened becuase they were afraid it would be stolen. All 24 bags were sealed and the box was in great shape. I am still amazed that is was there. My wife is going to do alot of calling tomorrow but I am not sure if the employees really know what to look for. Pretty exciting today I have to say. My espression was whoooooa look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from TRU got 2 Imperial Shuttles for 229 each. Set was on shelf and they had another in the back. They let me do two seperate transactions and I got the 20 off 75 deal plus 10% off both for opening a TRU credit card. This is probably the best find I have since beginning this quest of ours a few months ago. Called another TRU but they didn't have any. So just a word of advice to keep your eyes open when you are there!

Congrats on the find eracine. Looks like despite being discontinued quite a few of these are still winding their way through Toys R Us's inventory system. Members should be on the lookout for them over the next few weeks. Now please, for the love of god make sure you pay off that card before the balance is due :)

Nice. I paid $278 - I bought one virtually a few weeks before Imperial Shuttles became hard to find all of sudden (until of course, TRU "magically" had more Imperial Shuttles few weeks later and people were finding them in "back of stores" and in stock...). I believe there are plenty of room to go up. I think we'll see it hit $400, but I'm a novice LEGO investor so I'm only guessimating.

It's a great set, doing well post EOL as most UCS tend to do. Glad I got 1 from Amazon just before they ran out. I think they'll go up steadily over the next few months. Currently building the older brother to this set, 7264 Imperial Inspection, as part of a clean out of my old SW sets. Some cool minifigs in that one.

I can picture it going sky high. For a $250 set, it could go double that amount by next year. Probably will hit $400 soon! These are probably very optimistic views, but I truly believe that they could happen. I think that this was a fairly under the radar set because it was only $250 so most investors who bought "high end/expensive end" Legos bought the Superstar Destroyer or the Live Star instead, which I didn't understand. I think that this will be repeated for the B-Wing. At $200, there are many other sets that everyone thinks will do better, so everyone buys them. I don't think that many people pay much attention to the B-Wing so it will do much better upon EOL. :) Its always fun to see your set increase in value by a bunch immediately upon EOL, but only if you have it. Many of us are kicking ourselves right now....