10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

Today I walked into our local BIG W. They had 3 Imperial Shuttles there which was a surprise. The price was $450 - EACH. The condition of the boxes was horrible! I asked the manager (18 years at most) about a discount and he said they were already marked down from $550. Oh well, thank god I have a shipping address in the US and it seems my business will continue going overseas. BTW, the store is in Toowoomba.

They are selling for close to that price on ebay already. There is the usual rush of people trying to make some last minute coin because it has been discontinued. Our Australian RRPs here are truly horrible, though sometimes we are lucky to find decent clearance deals occasionally. BTW this is in the train forum

few weeks ago i was able to get few Imperial shuttles from TRU. One of the set box has a damage/cut on the box that can be seen in the attached pic. This was probably done during shipment when TRU might have got this set the same damage can be seen on the outer box as well... now the question is how much this damage can effect the value of the set...should i open the box to verify if every thing is complete in the box? or keep it like that

I wouldn't pay to have it AFA graded but I doubt it would have a substantial effect on things, though it might exclude you from the really anal collectors who want to look at it sitting in the box. Because you can't just get a new one, I'd keep it and be happy, it is a very hot item to have right now.

People who buy a set with a damaged box are "probably" buying it to build it. If that was me, I'd prefer you don't break the seals but I'm an honest buyer and would never dream of trying to rip off a seller. I'd pay more if the seals weren't broken "just to check to make sure everything was there." For some reason, when I see that in an auction it sets off a red flag that I don't really know why the box was opened.... But I can't see how anything would have fallen out of such a small hole? Find someone who has built one (I have one waiting to be built, so I could open the box if you want) and see how likely it is that something fell out.

well i think that some of poly bags are small and can be taken out of this small hole..does not look like some one in TRU would do that . other wise the box is Mint.. but it freaks me out if i sell this on ebay and the buyer says its in complete i have no ground to prove it thanks for the reply guys

well i think that some of poly bags are small and can be taken out of this small hole..does not look like some one in TRU would do that .

other wise the box is Mint.. but it freaks me out if i sell this on ebay and the buyer says its in complete i have no ground to prove it

thanks for the reply guys

Your other option is to weight it... If your scale is precise enough, you'll be able to tell if something is missing.

It's kindof annoying. I wrote support and they said they would take a look at it but that was a week ago. http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Imperial-Shuttle-10212/dp/B00883VGJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363894793&sr=8-1&keywords=imperial+shuttle http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Star-Imperial-Shuttle-10212/dp/B0041I0N9A/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1363894793&sr=8-6&keywords=imperial+shuttle

This is pretty common for Lego sets. I always assumed the duplicate listings were created by third party sellers to charge more in hope that buyers don't realize there is a second cheaper listing. You can generally tell which one was the original Amazon listing because it will have more posted reviews, many more buying choices, and lower prices. With the IS the listings at this point both look fairly equivalent. Both have equivalent prices, reviews, and offers. With retired sets it doesn't matter as much but with current sets the original Amazon listing is always cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

I cant stand it when people put multiple of the same product in a photo, but really your only buying one. Unless he really wanted this lego that badly, the buyer overpaid

I don't know. Even if you really wanted this set, there are at least 15 different sellers selling for cheaper "Buy it Now" prices.