10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

The reason why there is little talk if the B WING is because it just came out in Oct.......wait till this is close to EOL and watch the forums blow up over this set. Be ready for the same questions over and over and over and over.

Yep exactly! It's wayyy too new to see heavily discussed by investors. As far as the Imperial Shuttle, well I've been saying $380 by the 2013 holidays. I could be wrong but I hope I'm right ;)

I truly do want the B-Wing set, it's just that I haven't seen it go on sale yet. And I know we have plenty of time to score one on sale.

Yeah and by plenty of time you have at least 2 years probably, maybe even longer. You will probably see SSD or R2D2 go before the B-wing. (Notice I didn't mention the Death Star going before the B-wing? That's because it probably won't Lol, it will be alive forever haha).

Yeah and by plenty of time you have at least 2 years probably, maybe even longer. You will probably see SSD or R2D2 go before the B-wing. (Notice I didn't mention the Death Star going before the B-wing? That's because it probably won't Lol, it will be alive forever haha).

Long Live Live Star! LOL

Long Live Live Star! LOL

I dont know about that. With the new Red 5 X-Wing coming out it may fly over and blow it up.

Long Live Live Star! LOL

I dont know about that. With the new Red 5 X-Wing coming out it may fly over and blow it up.

LOLLL

Pretty impressed that the shuttle is selling for around 330 on ebay. How high do you think this will go? Paid 229 for 2 just a week ago at TRU. It is a lot of fun when you have a retired set. I also am like the increase of 5886 dino defense.

They retailed for $329 in Canada, so I think $500 is where it'll be by next Christmas since a lot of people north of the border skipped out on it. It's a beautiful model and although some people are annoyed that it contains minifigs, it just broadens who will want it so it's good for investing. I paid a lot more than $229 for mine (2 for investing, 1 for me).

How reliable is TRU's database? I know for a fact the one online is garbage since I've found supposedly "out of stock" sets sitting on the shelves, but do they really have "real time" communication between all the stores ala Walmart? I find that hard to believe given the general disorder I've witnessed first hand at TRU. I'd rather call each store in my area and make sure I was speaking to a manager I knew personally who I know would actually check the stores stock for me to verify if they had any shuttles. On a related note I'm making sure I grab all the sets I want at the price point I'm comfortable with long before they're EOL with the current lineup to avoid doing this in the future :)

I've been following this site for sometime now and selling off many of my used sets and reinvesting the money toward sets that are NISB/MISB. Several days ago while checking out my local TRU for possible acquisitions, I happened to notice 2 SW Lego boxes stuffed behind a bunch of Chima sets on an end cap. Upon closer inspection, I realized they were the discontinued 10212 Imperial shuttle from 2010! I was going to purchase them no matter what but figured I'd scan them anyway. Both were on clearance and marked down $10 below MSRP, not only that, they were running a sale (spend $75 or more, get $20 off). After checking the value online via my smart phone, my jaw dropped and I immediately purchased both in 2 separate transactions saving $30 off the original MSRP for each. I couldn't believe the deal I got, over $200 in profit between the two! My only question now is if I should hang on to both for some time still or sell off one now to make some money toward another set such as the Super Star Destroyer or Death Star for future investment!