10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

Looks like another 10212 is going for $450+, and this one doesn't have the two box picture like the one from last week, crazy............but I like what I see! http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-STAR-WARS-IMPERIAL-SHUTTLE-10212-NOW-RETIRED-SEALED-IN-BOX-/221214713840?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item33816ca7f0

Thats pretty funny to me considering there is another that is $350 BIN with $25 shipping. I wonder when Emazers will start unloading his collection, I wish I was in his shoes with over 60 of them right now. Of course, I wish I was in his shoes in the first place with the capital to spend on that many of them.

If you check completed auctions for the last 30 days most of the Shuttles ended at $350-400 which is great, I have sold a few at that price in the last 2 months, I will wait for Christmas to sell more. Its weird alot of people won't buy the hot sets even when they are on sale, but once they are sold out they wish they could pay full retail price again. Few examples The Black Pearl, Queen Revenge, Harry Potter Castle and Diagon Alley, Nijango 2507. You guys that got the Harry Potter Castle Bundle unless you really need the money wait a while before you sell it. Some guys are asking is $69 a good price for the Vampire's Castle, Its a steal I found 3 more today for $69 now I have 55 of them and I still looking for more. If you are getting some for $69 don't sell them now to make $20 clear you have to hold on to them. So get the Vampire Castle, Helm's Deep, Nijango 9450, and don't forget the SW Falcon. 90% of People cannot buy the 10179 Falcon so they will settle on the 7965 set, and the next Falcon should be a few years down the line. Now there are other sets but we have no idea when they are retiring. So don't miss the boat on these sets. Ed

If you check completed auctions for the last 30 days most of the Shuttles ended at $350-400 which is great, I have sold a few at that price in the last 2 months, I will wait for Christmas to sell more. Its weird alot of people won't buy the hot sets even when they are on sale, but once they are sold out they wish they could pay full retail price again. Few examples The Black Pearl, Queen Revenge, Harry Potter Castle and Diagon Alley, Nijango 2507. You guys that got the Harry Potter Castle Bundle unless you really need the money wait a while before you sell it. Some guys are asking is $69 a good price for the Vampire's Castle, Its a steal I found 3 more today for $69 now I have 55 of them and I still looking for more. If you are getting some for $69 don't sell them now to make $20 clear you have to hold on to them. So get the Vampire Castle, Helm's Deep, Nijango 9450, and don't forget the SW Falcon. 90% of People cannot buy the 10179 Falcon so they will settle on the 7965 set, and the next Falcon should be a few years down the line. Now there are other sets but we have no idea when they are retiring. So don't miss the boat on these sets. Ed

That's the thing, these are key sets I believe investors should own. The ones you listed earlier have gone, so now it is people trying to catch up and add them to the collection before the prices soar too much. Soon after that it will be collectors. Load up on this wave, flip whatever you have to do to make the coin for it.

Ed, would you say The Mine is another one to load up on? I am looking at Helms Deep and The Mine to use my May budget on. I have Epic Dragon Battle, MF and VC already.

And stock photos even........I am beginning to think these aren't legit sales. I have seen auctions with actual photos by sellers with much better feedback sell for much less. Seems fishy to me. Oh and Rich who was the one hounding you to get those shuttles before it was too late?? Whoever it was seems to be wise beyond his years ;)

And stock photos even........I am beginning to think these aren't legit sales. I have seen auctions with actual photos by sellers with much better feedback sell for much less. Seems fishy to me. Oh and Rich who was the one hounding you to get those shuttles before it was too late?? Whoever it was seems to be wise beyond his years ;)

I've been wondering if these are legit also. It's definitely a little fishy. And you're right man, I still owe you big time for pushing me to buy the IS haha

• 1 month later...

I picked up a damaged box imperial shuttle 10212 the other day, on clearance for 199 minus another for opening account. Box looked to have been opened and taped back up. Store said it was just damaged box so I checked it out and found all internal bags opened. Store had no more in stock and said I could just return but figured I'd build and see if complete. It ended up only missing 3 pieces plus 3 minifigs. Its cheap enough to keep open boxed I believe, but are the minifigs expensive if I want to complete?