10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

I hate all of you guys >_< not one store in VA, NC or maryland had them in stock

Nope, I bought them all before they went EOL. Haha, just kidding! I did find one at the Tyson's Corner Lego store that had been returned right after EOL and grabbed it immediately. Since then I haven't seen a 10212 anywhere in the Northern Va, DC, Maryland area. Let me know if you happen to find any, that is of course if you don't buy them all prior to telling me where they're located ;)

I know a seller who has an Imperial Shuttle that is new in a damaged box. He wants $240 (free shipping) for it. I may be able to talk him down just slightly. I wanted to get some thoughts on if this is something I should go for or just pass on. Here is his description of the box. I haven't seen photos yet but I will ask if I do plan to move forward with this. "The Imperial Shuttle box is damaged with a tear on the side. We had to open it to check that it was 100% complete and it is. All 24 bags are sealed as are the instructions. This set would be for someone who does not care about the box."

This week I got two, mint, at @ 191.92 each tax included!

Immediate flip or sit on this for a while? I don't plan to build either one.

Do you all think the value could be greatest when the new movie comes out?

If you flip right away I am interested. Just PM me your asking price.

I know a seller who has an Imperial Shuttle that is new in a damaged box. He wants $240 (free shipping) for it. I may be able to talk him down just slightly. I wanted to get some thoughts on if this is something I should go for or just pass on.

Here is his description of the box. I haven't seen photos yet but I will ask if I do plan to move forward with this.

"The Imperial Shuttle box is damaged with a tear on the side. We had to open it to check that it was 100% complete and it is. All 24 bags are sealed as are the instructions. This set would be for someone who does not care about the box."

I would buy it to build and then just sell one of my other ones, since I haven't built one for myself yet...

Thanks Legodog, but I'm feeling like I should hold. It's true that the new movie will introduce tons of new sets, but it could also create interest in episodes 4-6 because the same characters are coming back. Maybe even sell a couple months before the new one comes out...maybe christmas 2015??? Here's the dream scenario...the new movie features a lost department of the Empire that all use Imperial Shuttles to move around. :)

Buy it then you can buy a box that is not damaged for 15-20 bucks on bricklink. You are still gonna come out ahead. There is no reason to sell now anyway. All this talk about people asking to sell or hold is crazy, people are still finding this set in store for gods sake! I know you weren't asking that Dog I am just ranting lol

Just thought of something else......tell him or her you don't even want the box and to just take the bags out and ship it that way.....maybe he will lower the price because shipping would be cheap. Then just buy a box and you are set. Research the box thing first though the price I saw was right before this masterpiece EOLed.

I didn't think of that... the movie could increase star wars sets value, but at the same time if lego releases new sets with the new movie, maybe old sets will lose some of its glamour. Im planning on holding mine for about 2 to 3 months before i sell them hopefully at around 450-500 for a nice profit.

Hold your horses there, I don't think your going to see them doubling in value in 2-3 months but good luck with that!

I'd hold them for at least a year or two, and save a couple for the long term, wouldn't it suck if you saw them for going for a $1200 in 5 years and had to know that all the transactions you did with that money still didn't help it perform as well as holding onto the set?

Guess what...I got hold of 2 more imperial shuttles at TRU in NYC... i think now i can say i have cleaned up imperial shuttles in NJ/NYC...got total of 8...another interesting thing i saw 6 Maersk Train sets lying on the floor so i grabbed them without thinking .... got all this stuff on BOGO... TRU and BOGO worked perfect for me

Guess what...I got hold of 2 more imperial shuttles at TRU in NYC... i think now i can say i have cleaned up imperial shuttles in NJ/NYC...got total of 8...another interesting thing i saw 6 Maersk Train sets lying on the floor so i grabbed them without thinking .... got all this stuff on BOGO... TRU and BOGO worked perfect for me

wow thats nuts! i didnt even check the TRU in NYC because i assumed all the good sets would be sold out (because they get a ton of foot traffic) i did however get 2 market villages (10193) and a diagon alley (10217) for 10% off at the lego store in rockerfeller center.