10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

Yesterday I bought my two 10210 Imperial Shuttle, I think the last in the city ... This afternoon I started to pack them for storage. The first operation has been to remove the price tags. The first box all ok ... The second I found out that the price of the box ... hiding a crack about 1.5 cmx 1cm ... pre-existing. The shop had another box but put in a worse condition, with torn, dented corners. My box, in addition to cracking is perfect, f**k, f**k ... Do you think this inluenzera future assessment? And if so, what percentage? Ahhhhhh!! Sad.

Yesterday I bought my two 10210 Imperial Shuttle, I think the last in the city ...

This afternoon I started to pack them for storage.

The first operation has been to remove the price tags.

The first box all ok ...

The second I found out that the price of the box ... hiding a crack about 1.5 cmx 1cm ... pre-existing.

The shop had another box but put in a worse condition, with torn, dented corners.

My box, in addition to cracking is perfect, f**k, f**k ...

Do you think this inluenzera future assessment?

And if so, what percentage?

Ahhhhhh!!

Sad.

Hey brother no one knows your frustration more than me when it comes to damaged shipments but please refrain from using that language in future posts. You can edit it yourself or I can, its up to you. Thanks in advance for not using profanity in future posts.

Good evening all! I am pretty new to investing, but I could not resist. What are your thoughts? I think it is a decent deal, considering it is now retired. I know It is more than retail (about the same with tax if bought at a b&m store), but I really wanted to get one more before the price went up. I really think this set will do well, worst case I can open it and build it! Did I just make a terrible newb mistake?

Good evening all!

I am pretty new to investing, but I could not resist. What are your thoughts? I think it is a decent deal, considering it is now retired. I know It is more than retail (about the same with tax if bought at a b&m store), but I really wanted to get one more before the price went up. I really think this set will do well, worst case I can open it and build it! Did I just make a terrible newb mistake?

No newb mistake, I think you did well. Getting this set now under $300 (MISB) is a good deal.

About a month ago I saw people getting it for $170 - $190.

That was before Amazon and all the other retailers ran out--once they ran out, the price shot north of $300 pronto.

BTW, I wonder if this set and the way it sold on Amazon was a reason that Amazon set limits on the number of sets people can buy.

No newb mistake, I think you did well. Getting this set now under $300 (MISB) is a good deal.

I was thinking so. ive always collected Star Wars stuff, if 5 years down the road I can sell one for $400-$500 it will be a big win. Honestly, this was one my my favorite vintage ships from the 80's, I may have to build and display one. ;)

Even being a Star Wars fan, this set never excited me. I'm not sure how good it will do. The lack of any significant minifigures and a fairly straight forward ship with limited build potential might set it back a little. I think folks will double their money at the right time, but they won't see the 5x potential profit like other UCS sets.

Good evening all!

I am pretty new to investing, but I could not resist. What are your thoughts? I think it is a decent deal, considering it is now retired. I know It is more than retail (about the same with tax if bought at a b&m store), but I really wanted to get one more before the price went up. I really think this set will do well, worst case I can open it and build it! Did I just make a terrible newb mistake?

If the box is in nice shape, you will be fine. This is a winner. The Imp Shuttle has always been popular. I remember when it was released back in 1983 or so. It was the last true Kenner SW toy to have (like the AT-AT in ESB and MF from ANH). All the kids wanted one.

I'm happy you found one,

Even being a Star Wars fan, this set never excited me. I'm not sure how good it will do. The lack of any significant minifigures and a fairly straight forward ship with limited build potential might set it back a little. I think folks will double their money at the right time, but they won't see the 5x potential profit like other UCS sets.

dang, our opinions are on the opposite sides of the spectrum on this set. Good news is that I only have one so it really doesn't matter to me.

Thank you. Like I said im partial to the imperial shuttle, but doubling my money would be a good thing. How many other investments can you double your money in 5-10 years?

If the box is in nice shape, you will be fine. This is a winner. The Imp Shuttle has always been popular. I remember when it was released back in 1983 or so. It was the last true Kenner SW toy to have (like the AT-AT in ESB and MF from ANH). All the kids wanted one.

I'm happy you found one,

Ahh,, that is the unknown since it has not arrived yet. However I agree with you that the vintage kenner ship was the one to have (I still have mine from then, Unfortunately not MISB).

dang, our opinions are on the opposite sides of the spectrum on this set. Good news is that I only have one so it really doesn't matter to me.

I'm siding with you Stephen. This set is already jumping in value fast and this is one of the slowest times of the year for value increases on sets, being that it's post holidays and most are strapped for cash and don't want to spend much money, etc. Heck a month ago this set was $239.99 on Amazon. Right now it is going for $320-340 on ebay, that's $80-100 over the price on Amazon a month ago, and every bit of $60 over the msrp of $259.99. Not to shabby for a set that has been EOL for less than a month. ;)

My bold and possibly inaccurate prediction for this set by Christmas 2013........$380+

I'm siding with you Stephen. This set is already jumping in value fast and this is one of the slowest times of the year for value increases on sets, being that it's post holidays and most are strapped for cash and don't want to spend much money, etc. Heck a month ago this set was $239.99 on Amazon. Right now it is going for $320-340 on ebay, that's $80-100 over the price on Amazon a month ago, and every bit of $60 over the msrp of $259.99. Not to shabby for a set that has been EOL for less than a month. ;)

My bold and possibly inaccurate prediction for this set by Christmas 2013........$380+

I agree, but also hope as well. It seems reasonable since they are consistently going for over $300 now...