10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems that for the time being it is just hanging around but does anyone think that a year or two after this bad boy finally EOLs that we will see prices over $1,000?? Not a lot of talk about this set, or maybe I missed all the talk. I personally think this is a big winner, not saying that because i have bunch hoarded, I only have one. Thoughts?????

Seems that for the time being it is just hanging around but does anyone think that a year or two after this bad boy finally EOLs that we will see prices over $1,000?? Not a lot of talk about this set, or maybe I missed all the talk. I personally think this is a big winner, not saying that because i have bunch hoarded, I only have one. Thoughts?????

I agree that this set is a winner and I wish I had one. Also I feel it is a set that has been under the radar for awhile because when it comes to larger SW sets all it seems people talk about is the DS and SSD. That being said I think the IS will do well once EOL but in terms of it hitting the $1000 mark within a couple years probably won't happen. I think way too many people have caught on to the Lego investing trend and in order for the IS or any Lego set to hit $1000 I think it will take a lot longer than it has in the past. I do still believe there are Lego sets that are currently on the shelves at Lego stores right now that will one day hit $1000, it's just going to take a lot more time in the after life to do so. I think the days of the MF, CC, market street, taj mahal - sets that have hit $1000 plus within a few years after going EOL are over, but let's hope I'm wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

Well Stephen maybe it's finally that time that I should do what I have always been talking about........and purchase a 10212 before it's gone!!! I have a weird feeling this set good be missing in action after the holidays.

I will sell you one for 100 million dollars muahhhhhhaaaaaa

Hahahaha deal!!

Saw this and did some math. For me on Amazon, I have to pay tax on all purchases, so the set turns out to be $225.21. On LEGO Shop at Home, the order totals $250.94. With $11.65 earned in VIP points and valuing the Holiday set at $25 resale, it totals $214.29, but this assumes I can sell the holiday set. I swear I need to get someone in Oregon or Nevada to let me use their address to stockpile stuff.

Amazon also has R2D2 (10225) for $140. $25 might be high for the 2012 Holiday Set right now. I've sold one at $28 which included shipping. After shipping and ebay fees I'll make about $22.50. The first one sold right away two days ago, I relisted one at the exact same price and it hasn't sold yet. The price will likely come down as a lot of people list them and then go up again next year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...