10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

Ed and I had a feeling about this the other day, thats why he posted this thread. Many of you may not get the chance to get this at retail, so you need to make the decision to still try and get while its between $250-$300. This to me has been a quiet set, but I think will explode in the secondary market.

If you want to get it before it goes haywire, grab one now.

Search eBay for one....

Get one from Amazon....

At least I lucked out and got one at retail from TRU.. $278 total (including tax). It should arrive tomorrow, hopefully the box is in good condition. Haven't seen anything show up in days anywhere (TRU, Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc) at retail price. I have only a couple of sets in my collection and am glad I scored an IS in my collection :)

Just checked UPS tracking - now I'm a bit worried. Apparently they tranferred this package to USPS.. I wonder why? I live in a highly urbanized area and UPS has always delivered to our doorstop, I live in a great neighborhood, yet for this particular package they decided to transfer it to USPS? Makes me wonder if the package is badly damaged and they want me to point fingers at USPS or something.. :(

Just checked UPS tracking - now I'm a bit worried. Apparently they tranferred this package to USPS.. I wonder why? I live in a highly urbanized area and UPS has always delivered to our doorstop, I live in a great neighborhood, yet for this particular package they decided to transfer it to USPS? Makes me wonder if the package is badly damaged and they want me to point fingers at USPS or something..

:(

Cheaper. My brother in laws are mailmen. They do a ton of deliveries for UPS, Fed Ex, etc...

I thought about that too, but we have had hundreds of UPS packages delivered to our doorstep in the last few years. Not sure why this one is unique.

Ok, I'll just shut up and wait for the delivery and go from there. ;)

New procedure basically because of rising costs. You will see a lot more USPS from now on.

This is the problem people have when waiting till the last nanosecond to get a set. People should have been picking up this set months ago and now some of you that just ordered it will receive it and the box will be badly damaged and you won't get sent another one. 2 things likely occurred A) people never wanted it but are just now seeing the huge potential in it or B) people wanted it from the beginning but were waiting for that "super discount". Either way I think a lot of people missed the boat on this one. Lesson learned people. I understand that its a huge set and takes up a lot of room but in the business of LEGO investing you have to sacrifice room in order to make money. It happens to all of us from time to time I guess, I missed the Hogwarts castle cause I'm an idiot!!!

This is the problem people have when waiting till the last nanosecond to get a set. People should have been picking up this set months ago and now some of you that just ordered it will receive it and the box will be badly damaged and you won't get sent another one. 2 things likely occurred A) people never wanted it but are just now seeing the huge potential in it or B) people wanted it from the beginning but were waiting for that "super discount". Either way I think a lot of people missed the boat on this one. Lesson learned people. I understand that its a huge set and takes up a lot of room but in the business of LEGO investing you have to sacrifice room in order to make money. It happens to all of us from time to time I guess, I missed the Hogwarts castle cause I'm an idiot!!!

Good thing I got this set when it dropped to $181.99 on Amazon a couple of years back, mostly on an impulse buy. Would've got another one but funds were low.

Just checked UPS tracking - now I'm a bit worried. Apparently they tranferred this package to USPS.. I wonder why? I live in a highly urbanized area and UPS has always delivered to our doorstop, I live in a great neighborhood, yet for this particular package they decided to transfer it to USPS? Makes me wonder if the package is badly damaged and they want me to point fingers at USPS or something..

:(

People can point the fingers all you want at the shipping companies but the blame always falls on the retailer and they are the one who bites the bullet on the cost when sets arrive damaged then returned.......not saying that is right but that is reality.

Even three weeks ago, Amazon.com still had them for 239.99. If I hadn't blown all my 'LEGO' investing funds pre-holidays, I would have added a few more to my collection.

Picked one up at $238 recently. Was going to pull the trigger on another and it went up to $259. Waited for another discount and it disappeared.

Saw the Brickset forum posts on these. Those lot were literally watching the numbers dwindle, speculating and half egging each other on to get another set. LOL.

Well i was browsing through one of the sites i normally check everyday and one of those ads popped up on the side that shows things you might be interested in. I wasn't paying attention to it until the Imperial Shuttle showed up in there for $259. I clicked on it, it brought me to Amazon and i went ahead and bought it. Hopefully some of you other guys can get one too.