7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

Found one on Craigslist for 130. Normally would not consider something this close to retail, but really want to put away a second sealed set. Safe bet this will still pay off?

I'd snag it.  Not much more than the best price at TRU using coupons lately and they are going for about $200 now.

I bought one back in November for the double points on Lego.com.   Glad I did.  I think this set is just about done, if not already.  I guarantee you that there will be a new Falcon set with the new movie coming out.  There's no way there isn't.  And this may be the last of the "classic" Falcon sets for a LOOOONG time.  A long time.  And by classic, I mean with the round antenna (not the square one the new Falcon has), and, of course, the minifigs that come with it. 

I basically see the Falcon staying around the $200 price point for a while post retirement.  Then, when the new one comes out it may dip a little at first, but then when the new sequels drum up renewed interest in Episodes 4-6, people will want some of the classic sets again.  Just my guess on how this could roll.  I'd sell right now if you have a lot of quantity, and if you don't, I'd wait a few years then if you can afford the wait.