7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

Crazy. I have gotten discounts a number of times at Walmart. Last time was the Unexpected Gatherings just a month ago. I got the toy manager over there and asked him how much the clearly marked sets were. He said $49. I sighed and said they were old and I figured they would have gone down by now. He said $35 and I said sold.

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling if a manager there says they can't do something for you, they are lying because they don't want to help you or are lazy or they are just ignorant of the rules. I doubt they would do it for me and risk their jobs if it was against corporate policy. But who knows, maybe it was Stan Kroenke's son.

Edited by mscheaf
  • Like 1

Crazy. I have gotten discounts a number of times at Walmart. Last time was the Unexpected Gatherings just a month ago. I got the toy manager over there and asked him how much the clearly marked sets were. He said $49. I sighed and said they were old and I figured they would have gone down by now. He said $35 and I said sold.

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling if a manager there says they can't do something for you, they are lying because they don't want to help you or are lazy or they are just ignorant of the rules. I doubt they would do it for me and risk their jobs if it was against corporate policy. But who knows, maybe it was Stan Kroenke's son.

That's kind of my assumption, but you'll never get help if you are not cordial and just go on about your day.

I know, my $220 isnt getting any looks with all the lowballers popping up

I thought about pricing them at $220, but I decided that I really did want to sell them.  Now.  Listing them at the same price as 100 other people is not a good strategy if you really want to sell something with any urgency.  Maybe you have more patience.

My expectations were not very high on this one, and I bought in only because of some deep discounts.

The majority here, without doubt, was pretty down on this set.  Out too long, too many versions, new version likely coming out, blah blah blah.  It's funny how opinion can flip in a hurry once something appears EOL.

I do think it will go higher as Christmas approaches, and it will hold into next year.  Long term, not sure.

Edited by JDLego324

If I can turn a millennium falcon into a Tower Bridge, I will consider that a nice little investment upgrade and call it a day????

Bingo.  I have been picking up a lot of near-EOL exclusives (with double points and freebie sets), and the proceeds from these Falcons are helping fund them.