7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

I sold through a few falcons that I considered surplus. I purchased them at less than $100 each over a year ago. The rest I'm holding in the hopes that I can sell for $300 each at a minimum. I don't hold medium sized sets for long term. On a side note, if you want to boost your feedbacks selling polybags and other small clean items can really help. I sell them for that purpose only and have gotten 100 feedbacks in the past two months from polys alone.

I sold through a few falcons that I considered surplus. I purchased them at less than $100 each over a year ago. The rest I'm holding in the hopes that I can sell for $300 each at a minimum. I don't hold medium sized sets for long term. On a side note, if you want to boost your feedbacks selling polybags and other small clean items can really help. I sell them for that purpose only and have gotten 100 feedbacks in the past two months from polys alone.

Medium sized set?

Not trying to convert anyone to be a believer but as a statistic that we can look back to a review of eBay for Lego 7965 shows that in buy it now, new, us only there is a total of 167 listings including miscellaneous parts and etc.  I think that is down 20 or 30 from earlier this week but I cannot remember.

There has been 495 sold listings in the last 90 days as buy it now, new and us only.

All sales in the last 90 days as buy it now or auction, new and us only there has been 884 sales.

All sales in the last 90 days as buy it now or auction, new or used, and all locations there has been 1628 sales.

I believe this set will do fine at least in the medium term if not long term as well.

I use to keep one, back when I was a fan. Now it is all business. I do still have all the modulars, other than that I no longer have an entire theme.

I can't let the last one go too easily, must be the hoarder in me...usually keep one for myself for a year or two and then reevaluate if I really think I'm going to ever crack it open. The latest casualty that comes to mind was the 8070 Technic Super Car and 8043 Excavator.

8110 Unimog, 10194 EN, 10210 IF, 4194 BP and 4195 QAR are all holding on strong.

The window for selling this will be on the shorter side so enjoy. It isn't a long-term hold once refreshed most likely in 2016. The key for sustained appreciation is if stores don't restock which I gambled on happening by selling all of mine the last 4 weeks. I don't think it's done. It's too much of a cash cow for Lego especially with the movie coming. Nevertheless, it's been a nice flip for us all this holiday season.

Not trying to convert anyone to be a believer but as a statistic that we can look back to a review of eBay for Lego 7965 shows that in buy it now, new, us only there is a total of 167 listings including miscellaneous parts and etc. I think that is down 20 or 30 from earlier this week but I cannot remember.

There has been 495 sold listings in the last 90 days as buy it now, new and us only.

All sales in the last 90 days as buy it now or auction, new and us only there has been 884 sales.

All sales in the last 90 days as buy it now or auction, new or used, and all locations there has been 1628 sales.

I believe this set will do fine at least in the medium term if not long term as well.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have wondered that, too, as I'm on the East Coast and 6 of the last 10 things I've sold in the last week or so are all shipped to California, Utah, and Washington...makes no sense to me.  One MF is going to CA, the other to NV.

eBay takes 10% of shipping, too.

Just sayin'

• Like 1

The window for selling this will be on the shorter side so enjoy. It isn't a long-term hold once refreshed most likely in 2016. The key for sustained appreciation is if stores don't restock which I gambled on happening by selling all of mine the last 4 weeks. I don't think it's done. It's too much of a cash cow for Lego especially with the movie coming. Nevertheless, it's been a nice flip for us all this holiday season.

"We shall see." I sold a few early, but am going to gamble and hold on to the 7 or 8 I have left.

Meanwhile the NERDS shop has 50 at $149.95 on BL.

Edited by minicoopers11

not sure if this has been mentioned but there's a rumor of a spin-off movie involving a young Han Solo, that might come out in 2016.

if this is the case, then these Lego Millennium Falcons are gonna be in high demand. 

I wonder if Lego will continue to manufacture these 7965's in light of this rumor.  Or will they stick with their pattern and Retire these before that.

not sure if this has been mentioned but there's a rumor of a spin-off movie involving a young Han Solo, that might come out in 2016.

if this is the case, then these Lego Millennium Falcons are gonna be in high demand. 

I wonder if Lego will continue to manufacture these 7965's in light of this rumor.  Or will they stick with their pattern and Retire these before that.

No, the next movie is about the Rebels who steal the Death Star plans.  There may be a Han Solo movie at some point, but there have been no actual leaks about that one.  Just fan speculation.  The 2016 movie is the "Oceans 11 Meets Star Wars" movie, they're calling it.