7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

To build, for sure buy at RRP. For reselling, there are lots of people in the queue in front of you who got better prices so will you need to wait quite a while for them to unload before you can sell at a worthwhile profit and by then there is  a risk from a remake or new version with similar pricing point.

On the other hand, the more people buy up loose stock, the quicker the price will go up so I would get a few now and try again  for clearance offers next week.

I've been collecting for years and have so many sets I should be committed.  Only started selling (on ebay) a few weeks ago and wow, it's fascinating what people will pay for some stuff.  I put up a MF last night around 1230am(EST).  Within an hour it sold, as a buyitnow for 225.  Fascinating.  I paid 80 I think.

Thanks for the responses! I've got one for my personal collection already and sold out the ones I got at $80-$100 when they hit $195 (my short term exit point). I should be able to get a couple more from TRU this week with at least a 10% discount plus I've got rewards $$ to burn. I'll probably buy at least one more at RRP for a longer hold and then hope to grab a couple more in the $80-$100 range post-Christmas.

I honestly have no idea about the whole ebay thing and what will appear more likely than others, and so forth.  Really don't put much thought in it, at least yet, as this is a side thing for me...and my wife wants me to clear some room.   Just put up another one at $249.95, shocked if it sells, but who knows.  Don't have an ebay store, either, just my lone self selling things that collect dust.

• Like 1

Can somebody please shed some insight as to where somebody on ebay would drop $315 on an MF when the going range right now is 170-220?

I dunno, but it happened - http://www.ebay.com/csc/items/?_nkw=lego+7965&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=12&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Scroll down about 5 or so

Can somebody please shed some insight as to where somebody on ebay would drop $315 on an MF when the going range right now is 170-220?

Could be the location is closer so that shipment is quicker, or the person has a stolen credit card and really could care less about the sales price...

This may be a dumb question, but being a newbee...I saw in yesterday's thread there were a few posts on the Millennium Falcon being available on Amazon.  They didn't last long, but where they on sale?  Or was it just the fact that they were available. 

Only available, usually when a set is scarce and sought after, members will post in here to alert everyone.

• Like 1