7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

It's all good. worst case I can stack them up like SGE's.

What are you stacking? Returns? SGEs will be plentiful soon enough after the holidays. ...and the MFs are risky. Wouldn't you rather put the cash & storage space toward sets that might retire soon enough without the possibility of a direct refresh?

Please read what i typed above using Morgan Freeman's voice.

Each approach is respectable and we all have our own reasons for the way we trade. What I will say is that this set is a case study for new investors - an atypical shelf life, lots of units sold, lots of hoarding and a last minute stampede to get in before the doors close and the plane takes off. Those investors who bother to do their homework and look at stock levels in shops, market trenda and seal codes should ot have got caught out by this one.

Glad everyone is self justifying why to dump these.

I'll self justify keeping and getting more.

This is the best and LAST non UCS OT version of this with young OT characters.

That has value.

The next version will have Grandpa Solo in it and be for the new movie.

I'm not going to hold them for the long term, but I certainly think that it is premature to be dumping them at this point.  The set dried up at retail within the last few days and is already jumped to anywhere between $180-$200 on Amazon.  It's an easy sell to justify if your buy-in was $60-90, but you'll end up kicking yourself in a few weeks when the price is well north of $200.

What are you stacking? Returns? SGEs will be plentiful soon enough after the holidays. ...and the MFs are risky. Wouldn't you rather put the cash & storage space toward sets that might retire soon enough without the possibility of a direct refresh?

Please read what i typed above using Morgan Freeman's voice.

Jais I know there is risk on what I am doing with the 7965.  Heck the problem is I just cannot say no to buying an MF near EOL.  It is one of my favorite toys in my star wars collection.  So it could be a case of me being overly positive on it in spite of potential facts.  I have bought some (10 or 15 not sure yet) but not dozens.  So my risk is somewhat limited.  I probably should be stacking up further R2's and ditch the MF's but I just cannot help myself.  Hoping they hit $250 and flip them in the Spring before the new ones come out though I will keep one for me to build and one for me to keep sealed in addition to the one my family already has open.

By the way on the SGE my note was just in reference to those people with stacks of SGE's.  I took mine back early and never looked back.  I'm also out of Minecraft (made a lot on it but I wanted to end early) and out of Max Tow Truck and out of a few other things.  What I am putting into inventory at this point is stuff I want to hold longer term.  I am also trying to cut off my spending completely (and then of course the 2x vip comes along) because I want to have cash and space for new things going away or QFLL in the new year.  So trying to decide out of what I've acquired what to move into QFLL mode.  But with Christmas coming, I hauled 45 packages to USPS and FedEx today and actually want a little break with my family time for Christmas, so still hoping I sell a lot but toning it down on acquiring until being in line 1/1 for the Slave I.  I hope it is not limit 1 per family.  I hope it runs out like the Tumbler.  Keep and Flip and hold LT.

• Like 1

I'm pretty happy today guys! Picked up one of these sets for $50 on craigslist! Was listed for 100 for a week so I shot a low ball offer and boom!

It is used with an open box, but it is 100% complete and honestly for $50 this can be a good flip down the road!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Brickpicker mobile app

Been out shopping this morning and this one has just completely vanished - most places have even taken down the price stickers altogether.

Any below RRP ones that come onto EBay are being snapped up instantly.

Respect to anyone who got 100 of these at 40% because they are going to be in for serious business - I wonder how high the Xmas bubble will take it to over the next 10 days.

Amazon is already $214.95 and eBay is $192.50 as the lowest prices.

Glad I stocked up.

They can go with the 9493 X Wings I got that are already at $99.90 Amazon and eBay $86.98 that some thought was a bad buy in at $48 a couple of weeks ago from Walmart.

That goes with the Tie Figher advice I got to avoid those too which unfortunately I heeded.

All of these are medium level winners at worst.

I love the OT stuff and I do not think any of it is coming back.  It will all be Episode VII'd which is a great thing too but makes the OT stuff more valuable.

• Like 2

Whoa, this blew right past $200 on Amazon where I thought it might be stuck for awhile and is up to $230 or so taking out half the sellers in the process (only 74 sellers now ). Guess I should have bought an even amount to AA after all :-/

Congrats to those of you who stocked up!

Arkham is already selling for 280 on ebay. MF is 180-190. Even with the $20 difference arkham is a higher seller. Both the AA and MF prices are inflated to begin with do to xmas

Actual EBay sold items have reached MSRP after being peggd below that for most of the year since last Christmas. That means we are effectively at day 0 on this one and it will be interesting to see the number of people who will pay higher than retail to get one as a Christmas gift and how many people who missed out on this one will pay over that during the next few months if the retired tag is confirmed.

It can

Actual EBay sold items have reached MSRP after being peggd below that for most of the year since last Christmas. That means we are effectively at day 0 on this one and it will be interesting to see the number of people who will pay higher than retail to get one as a Christmas gift and how many people who missed out on this one will pay over that during the next few months if the retired tag is confirmed.

It can

Edited by tractorboy