7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

Received 2 sets from amazon, seals 44S4 (= Europe, Nov. 1st 2014).

Recent seals, and still not available except in few online shops: that does remind me the last production run for TH and HH, to fulfill the last orders shops did to Lego.

So few sets may pop up in and there before it's done.

Edited by biniou

LEGO Shop at Home says its retired and not coming back.

Get yours from Amazon or Toys R Us while you can.

I called and they said it is gone.

Do what you will...

I believe

I agree that it will retire soon but your statement belongs to the "What I heard from a LEGO employee today" thread. :)

You can't be careful enough. ;)

Edited by biniou

In my opinion.

Carry on please ignore all my comments.

It must be widely available everywhere and there is no reason to suspect it is going to retire.

If it showed up at LEGO Shop at Home it was a momentary thing as I have checked it 25 times on desktop & mobile and never been able to add it to the cart once since someone said it was orderable.

I know they will have a UCS Falcon come back but this is the last best Falcon based on the original and not the modified version.

Just like the TH, R2, AA and many others, this set has long life left in it.

Carry on.

I am not saying this is here to stay because it's retirement is overdue, but I placed an order within the last hour and right now I can add 5 to my cart no problem.  I'm not sure why some are not able to do that.  When I search for "Millenium Falcon" it does pop up with a sold out status though.

Ok, I just checked my order status now and this says "Waiting for new stock" next to it.  I haven't seen that before.  I wonder if they are getting another large shipment soon or they oversold it.  Hmmm.

Edited by zskid00

Even though it looks like it may be retired, I strongly suspect they will re-release the Falcon.

not with darth vader and young han solo and young princess leia.

also as someone already pointed out, the MF in the movie trailer has a square antenna, not a circle, so unlikely to be the same.

for now 7965 is the second biggest lego MF ever made.

and with a little help and god willing, the next MF will be some $69.99 600 piece Midi-monstrosity right at grandma's price point aimed at kids not adults which will further propel 7965 into post EOL hyperspace.

• Like 2