7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

So the deal is I can get them for 89 euros (MSRP 159 and out of stock). We know this one is likely to be gone in the near future but I suspect there will be another production run before Christmas. We also know there will be a remake next year but in what price bracket?

Do I get them at 89 and try to flip betting on an EOL or shop shortage at Christmas? Will the long term investment potential not be affected by the remake e.*** people will prefer to ge the new version at list Price if it is say 300 euros than to pay 200 euros or so for the older one?

Interested to know your thoughts. I have one MF already but it cost 113 so I am hanging on to it until EOL.

Short term or long term, new version or not... I don't know what kind of investor you are (do you buy 3 or 30 units of a set ?), but anyhow 89

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

also becoming hard to find in US - at least by me in western mass.

i cleaned out the only WM in 50 miles with any left yesterday (2)  .

otherwise walmart and target both sold out online and instore when i check online stock.

yes this set tends to go out of stock this time of year but not this early.

i think its close to being done too - only thing is you can still order 5 at shop at home in US.

feels lame but i am going to buy a couple more at msrp if they are still in stock at shop at home to get the second holiday set.

i think this set will do very well post EOL.

Guest TabbyBoy

I do like this MF and have one in my collection.  I've not bought any to invest in as I have a feeling that the market may be 20,000 leagues under the sea for a long while after EOL.  Availability of these has been massive.  Even years later, I'm still gutted from not buying that 10179 from Modelzone the day before it disappeared for good.  I'll not miss out on the "70179" when it's released if there ever is such a beast.

Amazon's UK price is good and I'm quite tempted TBH but, you can order up to 30 which says it all for the amount in the wild.

I do like this MF and have one in my collection.  I've not bought any to invest in as I have a feeling that the market may be 20,000 leagues under the sea for a long while after EOL.  Availability of these has been massive.  Even years later, I'm still gutted from not buying that 10179 from Modelzone the day before it disappeared for good.  I'll not miss out on the "70179" when it's released if there ever is such a beast.

Amazon's UK price is good and I'm quite tempted TBH but, you can order up to 30 which says it all for the amount in the wild.

3 and a half years after its release, it is still one of the most actively bought sets when you look at the number of units moving on ebay.

which you can't see anymore - charts on brickpicker hven't  worked for me in a day.

its highly sought after by kids and adults.

the enduring sheer demand for the set with newly evolved brickpickers will drive its value up quickly post EOL barring any newer or cooler MF.

if  this set has gone EOL by this time next year and there is no remake available in December 2015, there will be, well more wealth than you can imagine.

its at a sweet price point where it could double and it wouldn't seem like it was paying all that much more.

i've picked up 5 this week at 119 from a few walmarts in tax free NH.  i might make the drive to TRU tomorrow and try and get  few more.

Edited by cladner

In France, the MF 7965 has disappeared from all toys website and B&M shops too.

For me, it's done. Thanks to StarWars VII, I bet they planned to release a new version of the ship for the movie.

It was a quick stop for that set ; that should be a specific act from Lego I think.

Tomorrow, new teaser for the new movie: MF will feature in it without a doubt

In France, the MF 7965 has disappeared from all toys website and B&M shops too.

For me, it's done. Thanks to StarWars VII, I bet they planned to release a new version of the ship for the movie.

It was a quick stop for that set ; that should be a specific act from Lego I think.

Tomorrow, new teaser for the new movie: MF will feature in it without a doubt

How can you be so sure it will be in it? I think we will get alot of new spaceships and vehicles in the new movie. In my opinion Lego is doing to many strange things in this theme lately. Which would justify alot of changes in the film. Or the other way around.

How can you be so sure it will be in it? I think we will get alot of new spaceships and vehicles in the new movie. In my opinion Lego is doing to many strange things in this theme lately. Which would justify alot of changes in the film. Or the other way around.

The return of Harrison Ford (He's not flying anything else, is he?)

Plus, leaked photos all point to the return of this ship.

It's been widely reported that it features flying towards the camera at the end of the new trailer.