7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

I think you could lose if any updated one is much better and similarly priced. Don't forget that these olds ones were available everywhere and often discounted. For that reason, I've not bothered getting any. Don't get me wrong, I love StarWars but I only invest in exclusives or UCS.

Opportunity cost would be what your describing I believe.

Guest TabbyBoy

Opportunity cost would be what your describing I believe.

So you've studied economics too? ;-)  Yes, you have to weigh it carefully with a similar set being strongly rumoured.

I was able to find 3 of these last week at TRU getting them at a ~17% discount using the coupons and CC 10% off.  I think this set is going to do really well with one qualification - that TRU online sells out of these in the coming weeks.  If they linger like the Funhouse or Vampyre Castle long after being sold out elsewhere then the TRU price will be the ceiling.  Even if a new version or UCS is coming next fall, there is still some time to capitalize on this one with more trailers for the new Star Wars movie coming throughout 2015 to continue to build hype for the brand and this ship in-particular.

Just sold many 7965 Millennium Falcon sets near MSRP to clear up space. Someone really wants these sets. Was listed for 5 months

Congrats!  Amazon is at about $180 now in no time at all and ebay is up to about $155.

It should continue to climb, but if you bought in a lot at that Amazon $80 or whatever it was its a great percentage gain!

Yup, I listed mine a month ago just to see what happened and it was one of the most expensive so barely got a look in. Right now it is one of the cheapest on EBay and I am expecting it to go any day now.

I stand by my original estimate that this will sell for RRP over Christmas then there will be a lull and towards the end of next year it will be 20% over RRP but perhaps I am being a little conservative and it will do an SSD style leap. What do y

Sold two on Amazon. I did a price change but it looks like buyer 1 bought before Amazon updated my prices.

Buyer 1 $178 shipped

Buyer 2 $212 shipped.

Trek, you must be onto something here

Holleman thanks!

The set is really miscategorized at Amazon but there is a reason it has been #1 in its category before the group started buying them in mass to stock them out.  Even at the higher price it still is #1.  Jedi says This Set Will Do Fine.

I paid 60 euros for my ISD (RRP here is 143!) and sold it as a Christmas flip but I will definitely get a lot more if I see them again at that price. Those who missed the MF on discount maybe should get one or two as long term hoards but be aware that it had a 4 year production run and was one of the all time best selling Lego sets so there will be a lot of people holding onto these who can afford to let them go sooner than you could.