7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

Guess I have to clarify since some took my comment as "the 7965 is a POS". There will be a small window to make money with this but I stand by my opinion to not get caught holding these thinking that this recent bump in price is the sign of huge things to come. All the new Stars Wars movies in the world aren't gonna help this set when the refresh hits.....

• Like 2

I know last year this MF bumped up like it has this year - but -

It was just at MSRP or below on eBay 2 weeks ago.  It is now hitting $200+.

There will be no stock replenishment.  The US is pretty much tapped out.

I have been looking at Walmart, Toys R Us in the region I am in and there are none.

It is the last OT version they will make.

You are either positive on this set or negative.

I think you know where I stand.

Stephen is fully behind me I can tell.  LOL.

In seriousness I think there is a good window, I have said medium term all along.

I think next Spring will be the sweet point and I will sell many then.

Before the UCS MF after the market has been starved of having one at MSRP.

I sold both of mine for $175 and $195 with free shipping.  I picked up both during Target's summer clearance sale.  I'm not making a ton of money but I think it's a good flip if you bought cheap enough.  And the facts are that it's now Sold Out and pretty much retired and there will not be a new one for at least 9-12 months if not longer.  If you think it's a poor investment then you really don't understand this business.

I sold both of mine for $175 and $195 with free shipping.  I picked up both during Target's summer clearance sale.  I'm not making a ton of money but I think it's a good flip if you bought cheap enough.  And the facts are that it's now Sold Out and pretty much retired and there will not be a new one for at least 9-12 months if not longer.  If you think it's a poo

I sold both of mine for $175 and $195 with free shipping.  I picked up both during Target's summer clearance sale.  I'm not making a ton of money but I think it's a good flip if you bought cheap enough.  And the facts are that it's now Sold Out and pretty much retired and there will not be a new one for at least 9-12 months if not longer.  If you think it's a poor investment then you really don't understand this business.

Not one single member here has said this is a poor investment.

Guess I have to clarify since some took my comment as "the 7965 is a POS". There will be a small window to make money with this but I stand by my opinion to not get caught holding these thinking that this recent bump in price is the sign of huge things to come. All the new Stars Wars movies in the world aren't gonna help this set when the refresh hits.....

This Falcon has left the building and there ain't another one to take it's place.  It should hover at or above $200 for the next few months and if another Falcon isn't released concurrently with the new film then it will skyrocket next Christmas.  I'm not a long hauler so I got rid of mine but I do wish I had a few more.

The party might be over already, today some shops restocked here and this one has come back on stream again. One I got had 38 seals but I need to check the rest to see if it is warehouse readjustment or new production.

The fat lady missed her flight for the concert, wonder if she will cath another one soon......

Glad that I changed my mind and finally sold all my 9493 Xwings and 7965 MFs (within 72h). All were bought with 30/35% off and have been sold 30/35% over RRP. Happy Xmas.

Oh and they were selling so easily so I decided to combo-ed them with some planet sets... not for free of course...

Edited by biniou

This Falcon has left the building and there ain't another one to take it's place.  It should hover at or above $200 for the next few months and if another Falcon isn't released concurrently with the new film then it will skyrocket next Christmas.  I'm not a long hauler so I got rid of mine but I do wish I had a few more.

whatcha talkin' bout?  - <sarcasm mode engaged>.

here's what took 7965's place:

75030_MicrofighterMF.jpg

• Like 4

The party might be over already, today some shops restocked here and this one has come back on stream again. One I got had 38 seals but I need to check the rest to see if it is warehouse readjustment or new production.

The fat lady missed her flight for the concert, wonder if she will cath another one soon......

Looks like you may be right. Amazon here in US taking orders for stock due in couple days.