7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

I had two; sold one for 225 within an hour of listing, sold another for 250 within a day.  Paid 80 for one, 120 for the other.  Kind of fun doing this...about 1,000 sets left to sell.  The joy.

Crazy. My 220 is being completely ignored even though it is in the top 10 best match.

Crazy. My 220 is being completely ignored even though it is in the top 10 best match.

I don't completely know how ebay's search engine works so I might be spewing complete BS right now, but somewhere it was mentioned that location might have something to do with search results.  Your search results might be different than someone's in a different region due to shipping times.  Also, buyers may not use the terms to search you are using, they might not use "Lego 7965" and might just type "Lego Millennium Falcon" which will bring in a bunch of variations.  You can find your listing, but others may not be able to.

I don't completely know how ebay's search engine works so I might be spewing complete BS right now, but somewhere it was mentioned that location might have something to do with search results.  Your search results might be different than someone's in a different region due to shipping times.  Also, buyers may not use the terms to search you are using, they might not use "Lego 7965" and might just type "Lego Millennium Falcon" which will bring in a bunch of variations.  You can find your listing, but others may not be able to.

Yeah, I have wondered that, too, as I'm on the East Coast and 6 of the last 10 things I've sold in the last week or so are all shipped to California, Utah, and Washington...makes no sense to me.  One MF is going to CA, the other to NV.

It is tough to compete with sellers with 1000+ feedbacks

It is. And also tough to compete with lowballers at the same time. Do I just joint the lowballer crowd until I get 1000+ feedback? At the rate people leave feedbacks that will take me 50,000 sales to get 1000 feedbacks (judging by my current rate of one feedback for every 40-50 sales)

• Like 1

Yeah, receiving feedback is a grind. Used to be automatic, but people rarely take 10 seconds out of their day to do it anymore. I am going to just start writing addresses on the lego set boxes and mailing them. Betcha THAT would get me some feedback!

Edited by Yinchuan
  • Like 1

mscheaf it is not as bad as you think.

I am at 733 feedback 100% and it does take a long time to get feedback.  I am hoping to hit the 1000 level next year.

To make you feel better do a search for Lego 7965, select new, buy it now and US only.

I have 3 listed at $209.95 free ship and 1 just sold.  I am in the #2 slot as of this morning on low price and not that low below your $220 I think you talked about.

I am keeping some long term selling some and buying some from regional Walmart stores.

Keep the faith. :)

Update: Just sold 2 of 3.  This sell note is to show you they are moving at $209.95 if you want to adjust your price.

I would definitely hold your price.  This might take a small dip after Christmas but a new Falcon isn't likely to come out until next fall at the very earliest and there will be plenty of Star Wars hype continuing to build throughout 2015 that should keep prices rising in the short-term.

• Like 1

Thanks....I was wondering, because the Millennium Falcon (7965) appears to be widely available in Canada at Toys R Us and Walmart websites.  They have a limit of 5 at Toys R Us, but they all seem to be available so I wasn't sure what the big deal was! 

MSRP is Canada is much higher, and TRU marked them up another $20 over other retailers, so stock moves more slowly. With the discounts most got on this set, you can't really make much right now at Canadian MSRP. If there is a big enough price bump, savvy investors up north will clear them out quickly, but I'd have to see a nice surge in the next few months to start buying.

I'm speculating that if they don't announce a re-release of an upgraded Falcon build next summer, these sets will be going for double MSRP at $280-300 by next Christmas so whether you sell now for $220, or later for $280-300 you still win. Now whether or not this is Town Hall/Arkham/HH profits remains to be seen.

Another order came in today and they were all 38s4. Clearly just warehouse movements. TRU have nicely increased their selling price and  limited purchases to 1 per customer even though they are out of stock - suits me just fine as mine look better value.

I am trying to buy one for every two that I sell in order to still have a good stock for the first half of next year which could be bonanza time.