7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

the next MF will be some $69.99 600 piece Midi-monstrosity right at grandma's price point aimed at kids not adults which will further propel 7965 into post EOL hyperspace.

Yea I have a feeling the next falcon will look like the current AT AT and Star Destroyer, smaller versions of sets past

• Like 1

i always recommend on loading up on oos and possibly sold out items when there is a free gift set that ships out immediately.

especially set 2/2.

if your order ends up getting cancelled by LEGO Shop at Home, you still get the free set.  yoink.

this is how i ended up getting 8 extra martian manhunters after my big zoo orders got cancelled.

sold those for 8x15.  made $120 before fees/shipping off that cancelled set of orders.

ordered 2 more 7965 from amazon at msrp.  i feel so dirty.  

Edited by cladner

Based on the OoS designation I had to run off to Meijer with my 20% off coupon for Cyber Monday to see if they had one.  They did.  IT had a spider web around it so the box isn't great but at 20% off I can't go wrong.  I choose to use my Meijer card to see if it would hit for another 10 or 15% it didn't.  But I also saw the republic gunship was 20% off and I could use another 20% cyber Monday coupon on that as well so $118 for MF and $81 for Republic Gunship.  I'll take it.

Now I have three so if it is gone for good I won't be crying. 

That would be nice but there is a LOT of slack to take up first. On EBay Spain there are countless dodgy godos sellers pricing it substantially below MSRP and with loads in stock so they will alll have to shift before they price goes up. They are practically dumping and have no interest in whether it is EOL or not so I see a window between Nov and Jan next year when it may double but I am not counting on it unless the movie brings in a heap of new AFOLs.

I caved and tried buying one on LEGO Shop at Home US last minute yesterday...got an outright cancellation notice on it today. Still got the 2/2 promo at least.

"The demand for the item(s) listed below has exceeded our expectations and the item(s) are no longer available. We regret to inform you that the order for these item(s) has been cancelled from your order"