7965 - Millennium Falcon

johncrumpton

Why do you think this version of the MF will dramatically outperform the two previous non UCS versions?

I don't think it will hit $300 unless a replacement is never made, but the previous system Falcon could be sold for $300 prior to the current version being released. The BP doesn't go back that far, but I sold them for that much.

I don't think it will hit $300 unless a replacement is never made, but the previous system Falcon could be sold for $300 prior to the current version being released. The BP doesn't go back that far, but I sold them for that much.

ericb,

i agree 100% with mos.  main reason is this set has been available at retail stores for too long. 7965 is a great set also.  if it had a typical 2-3 year retail life and had a few years to appreciate before a refresh, it would easily hit $300.  too bad we'll never know...

Has anyone noticed that the 7965 is almost nowhere to be found except the Lego store?  Soon to be done or just low supply?

My Target did have it in stock these past few months while Walmart already moved on to Jabba's Sail Barge. I have a bad feeling the latest Millennium Falcon won't be leaving anytime soon. We are probably looking at the next Live Star. :fie:

• 4 weeks later...

Just snagged last one on the shelf at TRU PM to Walmarts of $130.  What do you guys think of this set as a long term investment.  3 years after EOL?  Will it go double triple MSRP or is it not realistic with this set? 

It all depends on what they do with the new falcon in the new movies. If that comes out right as this one retires, its going to hurt it. 

2X MSRP is $280 - I don't see that for this set. However, people have been able to get these for $90ish. I would say it could reach $200 and that would be good money.

It all depends on what they do with the new falcon in the new movies. If that comes out right as this one retires, its going to hurt it. 

2X MSRP is $280 - I don't see that for this set. However, people have been able to get these for $90ish. I would say it could reach $200 and that would be good money.

Doubling your money before fees is still a good investment.

I wonder though, if the FB is the most common set in peoples BP portfolios, is this the second?

It's hearsay we'll even see the Millenium falcon in another movie or the Han Solo character.  If we do see Han Solo make an appearance in the next movie, in future years I doubt he would have the same ship making the old falcon worth that much more.

It's hearsay we'll even see the Millenium falcon in another movie or the Han Solo character.  If we do see Han Solo make an appearance in the next movie, in future years I doubt he would have the same ship making the old falcon worth that much more.

They've said their intent is to follow the Avengers model where they also produce origin films for big characters such as Solo... so the Falcon is definitely going to be a prominent figure going forward.

They (Rebel Force radio interviews) said Kasden was brought back to co-author the script with Abrams. This was also due since Disney wants to give Luke, Leia, and Solo a proper send off. If this is true (and I don't see why it wouldn't be). Heck, can you imagine a follow-up movie to the original trilogy not involving the 3 main heroes? Anyway, the Falcon will return along with a Lego refresh (UCS or not). Thus, our beloved 7975 will never get a chance to truly appreciate in value after retirement. Stinks...

Rays of hope/things to root for regarding 7965:

- Next release could be UCS only, meaning people will also want the "cheap" one.

- New Falcon could be significantly different color - black as some have speculated. Would still mean demand for the old gray one.

- Rumors could be wrong, maybe Falcon doesn't come back until a possible Solo movie, meaning there would be a nice window for this to hit $250 if it retires.

Will probably all be wrong, but there you go. :-)

• 8 months later...