LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

Lol...from your pic I'm guessing you collect Totoro too? I've been wanting a cat bus forever...

I love just about anything anime! ID is my favorite animation ever. Cat Bus would be awesome! The t-shirts from tee turtle have awesome variants with Totoro!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Cool, I might visit my store, I love collecting pins! Also that chewie looks like snuffulupagus (spelling?) from sesame street!

I'm always drawn to the pin trading walls but I've resisted collecting. There's just too many that I want!

I hope the giveaway pin is a cool one. Here's one of my favorite SW ones:

'>

• 1 month later...

Wow, my ToysRUs was missing a TON of pieces! Ah, oh well, I really wish I had gotten some of the 2X2 Cylinder pieces and the black swivel pieces, but other than that great event, got 2 bags of 4 of each piece from what they had, excluding the heads and such. Too bad some jerk parent took almost all of the heads and hair pieces, told him to screw off and stop trying to sell those in your bricklink store. I mean it's alright if you want to take a couple of extra to make a few figs, but a bag full was complete bull. Most of the kids didn't even have heads to put on the top of their mechs. Pretty sad stuff. 

Same here some d-bag parent took literally half of all of the available pieces. I was not even able to make a mech for each of my four kids which is kind of hard to explain to them why one kid does not get one. Oh well at least some people can make money at the expense of little kids.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on going to BrickFair this year (8-2-14 to 8-3-14) and just wanted to remind everyone else about it and see who was going.  There are usually some great deals on minifigures and other parts.  Here's their site:  http://www.brickfair.com.

I've been there for 2010, 2011, and 2013, and the line has been short in recent years.  Last year, I came a little late and there was absolutely no line outside the building.

There are some amazing MOCs and a Great Ball Contraption built by various LUGs that attend BrickFair.  It's really amazing to see all the amazing creations people build out of LEGO bricks.

There are two LEGO stores near by, both located inside malls.  One is at the Potomac Mills mall and the other is the Tyson's Corner mall.  Both stores are within twenty minutes of the Dulles Expo Center.  I usually go to the LEGO store first and then head on over to BrickFair.  The LEGO store got slightly busy near noon last year, so getting there early can save you some time.

I would recommend the Tyson's Corner location.  It is slightly bigger and it had a better PAB wall last time I checked.  Also remember that you might be able to pick up a few Exo Suits and other new sets at the LEGO store.

I'll be going tomorrow, but not on Sunday.

I hope to see you guys there!