LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

I didn't have a chance to take a quality picture of the build a car and race it area. Pretty cool for kids. This was prob the most popular attraction for kids along with miniature golf

Kids has 4-5 mins to build and then race. The setup was similar to the race track at Disney World's Lego store (but much larger).

I didn't have a chance to take a quality picture of the build a car and race it area. Pretty cool for kids. This was prob the most popular attraction for kids along with miniature golf

Kids has 4-5 mins to build and then race. The setup was similar to the race track at Disney World's Lego store (but much larger).

Do they have the Crawler 9398 race there?  That was here in Atlanta and was pretty popular

I didn't see that. How did it (the race) work in Atlanta?

I just realized the one you went to was Brickfest, this was Lego Kids Fest.  Its about 4 or 5 lanes of Technic 4x4 crawlers with obstacles.  It was one of the more popular events.  Think they do Brickfest in Birmingham, AL will have to try that when it comes again.  The only pic I could find doesn't really show much but set up in rows then the obstacles start once they get going.

post-40002-0-00366700-1410646253.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never been to one of these but think I will take the plunge this Saturday with my first grader.  Do they actually give some sort of set to the kids or is it just you go there and put together a bat signal in store?  If there is a gimme will they buy that a nearly 40-year-old with a beard wants one as well?  I can act like a kid, no problem.

Edited by sroster

I've never been to one of these but think I will take the plunge this Saturday with my first grader.  Do they actually give some sort of set to the kids or is it just you go there and put together a bat signal in store?  If there is a gimme will they buy that a nearly 40-year-old with a beard wants one as well?  I can act like a kid, no problem.

Do it.  I took my 1st grader and my 2 year old back a few months ago when they were doing the Star Wars build (a mini Tie and X-Wing).  Our store was really busy, but they let us fill a bag with the correct parts, and then we could leave.  We didn't have to build in the store.  My 1st grader put it together that afternoon at home.  She loved it.

I'm planning on taking both kids again this week, but will show up a bit earlier, so we get a better place in line.