LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

I am waiting for Lego to ban me for placing a 53 cent pick a brick order with free shipping. I forgot to order the pieces with my main order!

One time I almost wanted to do so, with an even cheaper piece, something like 25 cents. I don't think they can ever ban you because you order over $75 and a piece of PAB coz you are technically legal! Well, and I didn't really order that piece I need. I tried to tell me, "well, that piece you need for your MOC is sort of hidden, no one will notice something's missing..."

I've not heard of a UK "reseller" being banned but, I'd be very happy to take LEGO to court, and let every UK newspaper know if they removed my VIP points as I have not broken any published policy and (I think) this would be against UK law if they did.  To comply with UK law, I would expect a reduced purchasing limit on LEGO Shop at Home, an advisory email sent to those that exceed limits via multiple orders and finally a warning before an outright ban.  They may be starting with the US as investing has been going on there for several years while it's still quite new in the UK.

LEGO will have no proof to justify me being banned as I have not sold one single set that I have bought from LEGO Shop at Home so there's no way that they can prove that I'm a reseller.  Of course, the time will come when I do sell set from LEGO Shop at Home but, that's years away.

I'm aware that people have had VIP points removed so, I plan to spend all mine next weekend.

If LEGO want to get funny with me, bring it on!

Little do they know that I have space and the funds for another 396 Haunted Houses (99 limit each on all 4 days of Brick Weekend).  It'll be worth it just to make Emazers jealous! ;-)

One of my buddy who is an intellectual property attorney told me that in UK, it's not "innocent until proven guilty", but it is "guilty until proven innocent".

Which is true?

One of my buddy who is an intellectual property attorney told me that in UK, it's not "innocent until proven guilty", but it is "guilty until proven innocent".

Which is true?

I think it is "innocent until proven guilty" in the USA. For the UK, I have no idea. It could be the other one but I am not sure.