LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

Update time (AKA The gubberment is run more efficiently than TLC):

To recap, I ordered five sets in individual transactions yesterday (all within the limit guidelines) and they deleted my entire purchase history, my address to get magazines, and de-activated my VIP card.

I was able to redeem my points last night at the local store.  I haven't received any notice of being banned and I can still log in to my account.  I just can't seem to update my address or re-link my VIP card to my account.

Today, I received two emails with tracking numbers telling me two of the sets I ordered have shipped!  However, when I go in to my account, my entire order history (along with these orders) shows nothing. 

Here is the awesome part...I then noticed I had VIP points equalling the total of all five of the sets I tried to order yesterday (including the orders they never processed).  I tried to make a purchase, but it didn

• Like 1

Lego has a pretty good system in place for zeroing in on resellers since I haven't heard anyone who isn't a reseller getting banned.  It certainly seems like they are catching the least clever resellers first.  Clever is a a stretch since they are knowingly deceiving Lego and dishonesty I don't support.  I'm sure sooner or later it will catch up to them.

Lego has a pretty good system in place for zeroing in on resellers since I haven't heard anyone who isn't a reseller getting banned.  It certainly seems like they are catching the least clever resellers first.  Clever is a a stretch since they are knowingly deceiving Lego and dishonesty I don't support.  I'm sure sooner or later it will catch up to them.

What about DNIIM? He sells very little of the stuff he buys from Lego, yet they targeted him.

I think more people have to look at the exclusive angle as more of the trigger for the ban than the actual amounts. The worst combo is mass buying of exclusives. LEGO has illustrated to me a very strong desire to be in control of their exclusive sets. I don't hear of any resellers getting banned for hoarding and flipping CITY sets.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

My UCS B-Wing and Winter Village Market have just been delivered!  Since, I've been lucky so far, I'm still not 100% sure if should blow out on Haunted Houses next weekend or not.  Are they leaving the UK alone?  We'll have to wait and see.

11 of my 12 orders have shipped.  All of my VIP points have been credited.  I am planning on cashing in those VIP points on Friday, not sure what other set to get.  Help Orthanc/Haunted House/VW Camper Van/Winter Cottage.  If 10% discount is available then I may go all in and see what happens.

Because you are so above them? We don't know resellers that don't get banned because the majority of collectors aren't on this site.

Most people said they didn't break TLG's purchasing limits. So in general, your comment about dishonesty is completely incorrect.

Also your comment about "least clever". Until someone purchases an order history, you have literally zero way to know this. One of the members said he hadn't bought anything but some Bwings on May 4th.

I am not banned by the way - definitely able to order and it doesn't get canceled.

• Like 3

DoNotInsert is right Sad, you're not factoring in the size of their corporation and the clear lack of communication and consistency down the chain.  Some stores were honoring the 15% while others weren't.  Some stores had a 2 41999 limit, while mine had a 1 41999 limit.  Some here have been banned for going over limits, others haven't gone over limits but still been banned.  Some receive a ban email, other don't receive any communication or explanation.  Some can't log in to their accounts after being banned, but some still can.  Some get their points taken away, others don't.  It doesn't sound like they have a functioning system in place at any level or in any department. 

The only consistency I see is poor logic going hand in hand with those who take joy in the pain of others

• Like 4

And a last bit of irony to punctuate this thread...

I just received all of the orders that got me banned.  All of them shipped in separate boxes and each containing the exclusive 40083 set. 

Go figure.

That's very fast. I think two of mine will arrive tomorrow. Congrats, and sorry for the ban though.

• Like 1

What I am concerned about is that TLG educational guess may go wrong sometimes. It hasn't happened yet, but it may in the future. It is a good thing that they are being conservative, because if they weren't a lot of people would not be happy with TLG.

We don't really have any evidence that collectors *haven't* been banned, right? Our data are pretty skewed since this is an investing website...and since I doubt TLG publishes the banned list, we don't really have any reason to believe that "pure" collectors haven't been banned up to this point. Our "data" are anecdotes, complaints, and questions in a forum discussion on an investing website. So I wouldn't be so quick to assume that TLG hasn't banned a poor collector somewhere. Collateral damage, as they say.

As a small-timer who's mainly investing to subsidize his impoverishing collector habits (and make sure not to be the dumb guy who paid 50% over retail, or at least make an educated decision as to when it's worth paying 50% or more over retail!), I find this all terribly fascinating. Also, seriously folks - #firstworldproblems  :lol:

• Like 1

Personally I bought a WV Marketplace on the 22nd with my VIP points left over from the October buying spree (jumped the gun) then bought a 2nd one with 3x VIP points on the 23rd to get the 2nd collector set for my personal collection. TLG, if you're watching, yes I plan to sell the 2nd WV Marketplace, hopefully for a 10-15% profit, by flipping it before it is officially released on Dec. 1st. If that behavior is ban-worthy, well fooey on you. :onthequiet:

On another note, I'm in the market for a WV Post Office to complete my WV collection now. Since I can't get one from TLG I will of course be trying to find one from one of you fine individuals on this site. God bless resellers, every one!

• Like 1