LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

Sorry if I missed this in a prior post or on the other website - are the BF discount sets available on S@H, or only in store? (My daughters are thinking of getting my husband the mini modular set for Christmas).

Per past S@H sales, in-store price would match online, providing they have the sets in stock.  However, if I read correctly, the $10 gift card is for online order only.

Looks like I am going to blow all my VIP points in 1 single online order.  In a way I am glad, I do not know if my wallet can withstand great BF deals after spending so much in the past 10 days.

• Like 1

What is really sad is that TRU's sales this last week blow away LEGO's Black Friday sales.  I think the world is about to end.  It's Armageddon.

out

Sun willrise tomorrow...TRU have to sell other toys to be a Lego reseller and have to markdown Lego to subsidize toys no one else wants.

DoNotInsert is right Sad, you're not factoring in the size of their corporation and the clear lack of communication and consistency down the chain.  Some stores were honoring the 15% while others weren't.  Some stores had a 2 41999 limit, while mine had a 1 41999 limit.  Some here have been banned for going over limits, others haven't gone over limits but still been banned.  Some receive a ban email, other don't receive any communication or explanation.  Some can't log in to their accounts after being banned, but some still can.  Some get their points taken away, others don't.  It doesn't sound like they have a functioning system in place at any level or in any department. 

The only consistency I see is poor logic going hand in hand with those who take joy in the pain of others

Yup. Got that because I trolled Ed one time... and he fell for it. So he got me back by adding an award to my array.

To be honest, you were about 5 minutes from being banned.   :sick:

By the way, nobody trolls Jeff or I.  We are professional trolls.  We still are.  We still do.  You just don't know it.  MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Guest TabbyBoy

A couple of issues here.  I agree that LEGO does a poor job of communicating their policies, warning customers and implementing bans.  It appears that there is a haphazard way of doing it.  But I have to wonder how many people are actually banned from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home out of the 20.000+ BrickPicker members?  Are we exaggerating the issue or is LEGO selecting an unlucky few to make a point?  Are the banned members really telling the truth of the extent of their purchases?  Maybe someone will start a thread that banned members would be willing to post past purchases to see if there was a common link.

I'm thinking that LEGO may be picking on large buyers at random otherwise, I'd have been rumbled by now.  Since I have the funds (just sold a flat) and now have a large spare bedroom since tidying the house up, I'm tempted to test the water by ordering 99 Haunted Houses (their limit) on each day of the 4-day Brick Weekend.  I'm certainly going to order a few anyway.  I'll use up all my VIP points just in case they get funny.

I'm thinking that LEGO may only be banning those buyers who appear to have sold sets purchased from LEGO Shop at Home at a profit.  I've not sold a single one yet, only those from other retailers.

A couple of issues here.  I agree that LEGO does a poor job of communicating their policies, warning customers and implementing bans.  It appears that there is a haphazard way of doing it.  But I have to wonder how many people are actually banned from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home out of the 20.000+ BrickPicker members?  Are we exaggerating the issue or is LEGO selecting an unlucky few to make a point?  Are the banned members really telling the truth of the extent of their purchases?  Maybe someone will start a thread that banned members would be willing to post past purchases to see if there was a common link.

I would consider posting my past purchases anonymously, but when my VIP card got de-activated, they deleted my purchase history.  So make sure to save any pertinent information from your account, everyone!

Also, I think I should refer to my status as deactivated, rather than banned, since my case doesn't fall in line with other bans

• 1 month later...

Barnes & Noble LEGO Movie Event - January 25

Caught this on bn.com tonight.

"Join us for a hands-on learning event as we countdown to the LEGO Movie.  Activities, Fun and Surprises!  Saturday, January 25."

Looking at my stores in San Diego, each one says something different.  Some mention a limit of 40, and ask for an RSVP.  Others say free movie posters.  Still others say there's a "Hidden Message" and coloring activity or cupcake decorating.

Start times vary from store-to-store, most of them in my area are at either 11:00 or 11:30, but some start at 3:00 or 6:00.

• Like 1

Barnes and Noble will be having a Lego Movie event on Jan. 25th.

Children's Event, Special Event, Hands-On Learning
Join us for a Hands-On Learning event as we count down to the release of The LEGO Movie. There will be activities, fun and surprises for all who attend!

I called my 2 local stores and one required a signup and the other didn't.  They couldn't tell me anything about it, except that we would be building something.  I put my kids on the list at the store that required a registration just in case it is something cool.  

I actually wonder if it is going to be different sets based on sites. When I plug my zip code in to search for a store/event, the results show two of the stores showing pictures of sets. One being :LEGO Movie Super Cycle Chase 70808, the other being LEGO Movie Ice Cream Machine 70804.

They wouldn't give away sets worth that much, would they?

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/storelocator/stores.aspx?brandID=021&cat=SPE&source=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.barnesandnoble.com%2Fu%2Flego-event%2F379003980%3Fcm_mmc%3DAFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-TnL5HPStwNw-_-10%3A1%26r%3D1&radius=50&storecount=all&pagetype=eventlist&city=&state=&zip=55444

• 2 weeks later...