LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

yeah, this was fun for my son.  i enjoyed watching him build it.

our TRU finally had an employee place the required elements into Lego-like zip-lock baggies for handing out. i liked this. it allowed kids to focus on building instead of waiting for parents to go through each container for the correct elements.

I took my 6 year old daughter yesterday.  Left the 2 year old son at home (he needed a nap).  This was only the second time we had done a TRU build.

Got there at 11:45.  Last time we did that, the line was about 3x as long as it was yesterday.  There was hardly any line at all.  Took about 10 minutes to get up to the front, once 12:00 hit.

I asked if I could get a set for my son, but was told that he needed to be there.  She was pretty convinced they wouldn't have enough.

They didn't prebag - they just let you go through and pick up the pieces and place them in the bag yourself.  My daughter grabbed everything she needed, and we went over to the table and put it together.

Fun little build.  It will look good on top of any of the buildings we put up on display, like our Haunted House, or something from the Christmas Village.

Anyone want to confirm that the bat signal uses the same dish as in the bat cave set 6860.  They look different now upon closer inspection. But I already see Ebay sellers using the  bat cave dish selling it as the TRU promo dish if they are different.

Edited by junkrigger

Anyone want to confirm that the bat signal uses the same dish as in the bat cave set 6860. They look different now upon closer inspection. But I already see Ebay sellers using the bat cave dish selling it as the TRU promo dish if they are different.

I noticed this as well. It's weird because the dish as pictured in the instructions for the signal looks like the one from the bat cave but the actual one that comes in the bat signal set is different. There is more yellow around the border and the head of the bat doesn't come up as far as the bat cave version.

Now I'm gonna have to trade someone for one and open a bat cave just to see if they are for sure different.

Nah. Not worth it. :)

The yellow used is identical to 6860 and that batman dice game. Lego might have changed the border over the last year. Now we need to check box seal codes and x-ref them to which radar dish was included. Ha

Or maybe it will be used in an upcoming set...

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3960pb023

• Like 1

I think the bat signal dish looks nicer than the one in the bat cave (at least in the pic OrcKing posted, thanks for that) somehow looks a little more "authentic" and "realistic" a little darker yellow and the bat is not as tall, which I really like. Definitely wonder if it will show up elsewhere.

Lego announced the 2015 tour dates & locations today.

They keep having a city close by to me so that is good.

Its a fun day for kids & the family.

I could not find a prior Kidsfest thread so I started this one, if there is one and it should be merged please do so.

http://www.legokidsfest.com/?utm_source=2015+tour+announcement+10%2F23%2F14&utm_campaign=LKF+2014+Announcement+email&utm_medium=email

Upcoming 2015 Tour Stops:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...