LEGO Events

TheOrcKing

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I don't understand why resellers are buying so much from LEGO Shop at Home, other than exclusives.  LEGO Shop at Home rarely has sales, and even the sales I've seen aren't that great.  The only time you're getting a decent deal is when you get a good free set (like the winter set).  But even then, it's usually in the 20% back range.  Between Amazon, target, TRU, Walmart, Kmart, B&******, and even eBay, it seems like every set I've ever been interested in has been for sale cheaper at some point anywhere besides LEGO Shop at Home.  So why spend thousands if they're going to charge you more AND possibly ban you?

1. Bigger sets. With the exclusives not being discounted at other retailers, this is the best deal to get VIP points, extra exclusive set, etc.

2. It has ramped up because of the last several sets of extras. During the Sept promotions, I was ordering Star Wars sets and getting a clone trooper (I sell for $15) and VW bus (I sold for 20$).

3. During the latter half of October, I had about 5 orders that were double VIP, included Christmas set (Sold for $20), included Clone Trooper ($15), and employee polybag ($15). That was insane.

4. Better shipping. They pack their stuff much better than others - although sometimes the polybags create issues. I haven't had the problem.

5. Big exclusives when they first release are only at the Lego store. So if you want it right when it comes out, have to go there.

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but I don't understand why resellers are buying so much from LEGO Shop at Home, other than exclusives.  LEGO Shop at Home rarely has sales, and even the sales I've seen aren't that great.  The only time you're getting a decent deal is when you get a good free set (like the winter set).  But even then, it's usually in the 20% back range.  Between Amazon, target, TRU, Walmart, Kmart, B&******, and even eBay, it seems like every set I've ever been interested in has been for sale cheaper at some point anywhere besides LEGO Shop at Home.  So why spend thousands if they're going to charge you more AND possibly ban you?

For me personally I only buy exclusives from lego when i can get a good promo item or muiltiple promotions ( only if I can get 15-30% off the price in freebies) Other than that I would never ever buy anything from LEGO Shop at Home EVER!

For Example SSD, DeathStar, Tower of Orthance (free truck + triple VIP) .. You will not get a better deal than that on those types of sets. I have never seen those sets discoutned ever at any of the retrailers you listed

For me personally I only buy exclusives from lego when i can get a good promo item or muiltiple promotions ( only if I can get 15-30% off the price in freebies) Other than that I would never ever buy anything from LEGO Shop at Home EVER!

For Example SSD, DeathStar, Tower of Orthance (free truck + triple VIP) .. You will not get a better deal than that on those types of sets. I have never seen those sets discoutned ever at any of the retrailers you listed

Exactly - they have been discounted, but not for a long time. The only place I think is better is Ebay - but obviously you have to spend a lot of time there.

Almost all the exclusives I have gotten great prices on,  I got off Ebay - most without a box:

R2D2 - 90$

SSD - $310

TB - $170

Bwing - $110 (Used because no way in hell I am opening my mint boxes from May the fourth).

But the other 15 or so others I have were bought at the Lego Store. Best deal was the other SSD I have (investment) during double VIP with the three polybags. I sold all three internationally and got it down to about $340 plus the $40 VIP points (which went towards my x-wing).

On a side note, can we use VIP points to buy a bigger house? I need that.

For anybody thinking about getting a License from Lego, waste of money as you will loose money. As you cannot buy any Exclusives to sell, just the ordinary sets you see in Target and Walmart and you have to get the big and small sets. You can get the stuff at wholesale or cheaper on alot of sets right now. Walmart has the SW Gunship at $79.99 if you get them from Lego to sell they are $83.99 a piece, 2 in a case plus $10 shipping. so you are paying $88.99 a piece. The Epic Battle same price, you can get them $10 below wholesale now, And when you have to carry all the little sets with the Theme, well you will get screwed, thats why 85% of people like me had there accounts cancelled as we would not agree on those terms. So there are better deals on the regular sets on Amazon,Target,etc now anyway. Plus it sounds like most of you guys just want the Hard to Find Exclusives anyway like me. And I am getting as many as I can afford each week or so.   Ed

If they want to protect the secondary market, why not produce more? Then make a continuous fake sold-out on the LEGO Shop at Home (I think they're doing this LOL). By this they'll profit from investors stock piling, reduce the incentive for reseller, and secondary market will be flooded with supply which make the price not to increase so much after EOL. 

Anyway, i think they're doing all of above. My point is the ban is useless. They'll find the way to get around it. And also, the number of new people joining or becoming lego investors are far more than they could anticipate :D

Guest TabbyBoy

In the UK, I only buy exclusives from LEGO Shop at Home to get VIP points and promos.  "Proper" exclusives are never discounted at other retailers eg. HH & Mini-Modulars.

Is anyone else's orders from Saturday still sitting on "customer service"?

One of mine was and still is. I think that's pretty reasonable, no need to worry. When I ordered my modular buildings, almost every single one of them sat there for a day or two before they went 'in process'. I only had one for each set. Two of those I ordered on Saturday still sits 'in process', not moving any faster either. Anyway, I'm sort of used to LEGO being slow.

1. Bigger sets. With the exclusives not being discounted at other retailers, this is the best deal to get VIP points, extra exclusive set, etc.

2. It has ramped up because of the last several sets of extras. During the Sept promotions, I was ordering Star Wars sets and getting a clone trooper (I sell for $15) and VW bus (I sold for 20$).

3. During the latter half of October, I had about 5 orders that were double VIP, included Christmas set (Sold for $20), included Clone Trooper ($15), and employee polybag ($15). That was insane.

4. Better shipping. They pack their stuff much better than others - although sometimes the polybags create issues. I haven't had the problem.

5. Big exclusives when they first release are only at the Lego store. So if you want it right when it comes out, have to go there.

Well, I don't quite agree with 4. I somehow find LEGO Shop at Home shipping disappointing. Maybe different warehouse does different way? I have complained to them a couple of times that my package did not get protect well. Often I got dents, creases on my boxes. When there's a polybag, sometimes the pieces press and hurt the major item (in my case, modular building). You can imagine how I felt when I open the box and saw that. So far I found TRU's packaging seamless, like too awesome to believe that's true. lol

Well, I don't quite agree with 4. I somehow find LEGO Shop at Home shipping disappointing. Maybe different warehouse does different way? I have complained to them a couple of times that my package did not get protect well. Often I got dents, creases on my boxes. When there's a polybag, sometimes the pieces press and hurt the major item (in my case, modular building). You can imagine how I felt when I open the box and saw that. So far I found TRU's packaging seamless, like too awesome to believe that's true. lol

The ploybag damaging a set is a common occurrence if the packaging is not correct. That happened to a lot of people when they were ordering from LEGO Shop at Home during July and August. Many people were disappointed because their 41999 has dents etc in it.

Could be - mine is the Mississippi warehouse. TRU is really good too - they shipped me Ywings in Bwing sized boxes. Ridiculous, but they were mint.

I literally have never gotten anything from Lego that hasn't been mint. My order would be:

1. Lego
  2. TRU
  3. Think Geek
  4. Amazon
  5. Target
  6. Walmart
  7. Amazon UK

10000000.  WB-Shop

I don't think I have good enough samples to say about Target and Kmart. I always do store pick-up at Walmart but my first Walmart shipment is coming in soon.

Two from Target: one great, one awful

One from Kmart: not too bad, minor scratches, but it could be just me who's picky

Amazon somehow did lousy job lately, as least for me. I got some that's like smashed (ok, to be fair, I should probably say 'looks like someone sits on it;) so I have them exchanged.

Anyway, people kept saying getting to buy 41999 at LEGO these days but I thought they were sold out for long already. A friend of mine wants that set badly.

Could be - mine is the Mississippi warehouse. TRU is really good too - they shipped me Ywings in Bwing sized boxes. Ridiculous, but they were mint.

I literally have never gotten anything from Lego that hasn't been mint. My order would be:

1. Lego
  2. TRU
  3. Think Geek
  4. Amazon
  5. Target
  6. Walmart
  7. Amazon UK

10000000.  WB-Shop

YoYo.com is the best.

• Like 1

YoYo.com is the best.

Plus, order from Yoyo and you never have to worry about purchasing those packaging air bags.   :thumbsup:  

I knew I was gonna forget one. Yoyo is probably tied with Lego for me - but definitely in terms of packing materials you get a crap load from Yoyo.

I love Amazon for boxes. They have the lightest boxes. I pack the crap out of them on the inside to still protect the stuff and shipping is much cheaper.

Plus, order from Yoyo and you never have to worry about purchasing those packaging air bags.   :thumbsup:  

I thought they all do air bags! lol

Well, Amazon use paper a lot half of the time (or none, in my cases).

having this said, I just opened my first dented TRU order. lol

But the EDB is so cheap, I decide not to bother.

I knew I was gonna forget one. Yoyo is probably tied with Lego for me - but definitely in terms of packing materials you get a crap load from Yoyo.

I love Amazon for boxes. They have the lightest boxes. I pack the crap out of them on the inside to still protect the stuff and shipping is much cheaper.

but their box is somewhat vulnerable...  :sweat:

they didn't even tape some of my boxes well. one came with one side of the tape open...

My order from Saturday was on "customer service" all weekend and just recently turned to "In Process". Better get it moving! I only ordered one thing (10234) for the double points and the one Christmas limited edition set. I received one of the first of the two. I am a collector, not a reseller, so it is a bit annoying that they are looking over my purchases. I only order from them when there are incentives because they almost never have sales and I can get most things from other retailers on sale. However, this is the fourth order with them this year, so maybe that was a trigger. I have very few multiple set purchases from them, though. I like multiples but only for my collection and usually only when there is a "deal" or sale - so that is usually not at LEGO.

After this purchase I will have about $200 in VIP points/dollars and I plan to get one of the trains that you can only purchase through them or TRU (at inflated price). If they took away my VIP points I'd have a conniption!