Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

5 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I bet $1 Toywave did not get email and can still list LEGO :drag:

I don't understand how Toywave is allowed to operate... Drop shipping at it's finest.  They used to buy from us all the time on Bricklink under a different name (can't remember off the top of my head) but they would always ask me not to include an invoice.  At first we complied, not really understanding the bigger picture, but now we always include an invoice.  Not including an invoice could be seen as "affiliating with Lego" and we know from Vorys that's a big No-No. 

3AM update (midnight PST). Over the last 30 minutes or so, I've watched active listings with FBA quantity slowly trickle into an "inactive" status and are no longer purchasable from their ASIN page. I'd say about 1/3rd of my active listings are now in this state and, presumably, the remaining 2/3rd will be in the same state over the next few hours.

The "Fix Your Products" page now shows these items as Inactive Listings -> Approval Required. Issue description "Your product requires approval to sell."

Whether they roll this back or not, well, time will tell -- but Amazon seems to be actually doing it. Like some others have mentioned, I've been grandfathered since ~2010 or so.

Edited by chrisynd

All my listings have been locked down as of 1.5 hrs ago, and I’m unable to list anything without the application saying I need to be approved. I’ve been FBAing since 2010. 

I bet Seller Support is getting a flood of calls. I just can’t believe they gave five hours notice…god I hope this is a glitch of some sort. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, ingotheranchhand said:

All my listings have been locked down as of 1.5 hrs ago, and I’m unable to list anything without the application saying I need to be approved. I’ve been FBAing since 2010. 

I bet Seller Support is getting a flood of calls. I just can’t believe they gave five hours notice…god I hope this is a glitch of some sort. 

I have my doubts it's a glitch.  This is something Amazon would do.

I had about half of my listings switched to inactive.  As far as i'm concerned this is the end of the road for lego investing for me.  Jeff Bezos can FO.  I'm moving all my sets to ebay and cashing out of this hobby.

• Like 2

I have my doubts it's a glitch.  This is something Amazon would do.
I had about half of my listings switched to inactive.  As far as i'm concerned this is the end of the road for lego investing for me.  Jeff Bezos can FO.  I'm moving all my sets to ebay and cashing out of this hobby.

Looks like we all are going to be in eBay to cash out our inventory. It is going to be a blood bath out there. Dime on the dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I got another email at 11:23 pm  EST last night for Lego.

Lego listings still active with featured status.

Lost featured status on all other products with the exception of toys.

I'm sincerely hoping this was just a bot issue. Couple of months ago I lost featured status for all Lego. Came back in a couple of days.

Their AI hopefully is not this screwed up.

I never received an email, but I can't list anything. I sell mostly FBA but thankfully I don't have any inventory at Amazon at the moment. I have two Easter sets self fulfilled that are still active, but that's it. 

Like everyone, I hope this is a glitch. But like I expect most of you, I was up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night pondering various exit strategies... 🤔

I also wonder if this is a US only thing. I’m in Canada, 100% FBM, and no email, no change in my listings. Haven’t tried listing anything new yet. I notice that these weird policies they inflict in the US occasionally tend not to happen here at the same time if at all. 

2 minutes ago, ingotheranchhand said:

well, currently I’m now blocked on listing very old retired sets. That haven’t been made in several years. One hasn’t been made in a decade or two.

All of the sets in my inventory are retired, and i'm locked out on many of them, and many of them were purchased at retail shops.  Not sure how to get "invoices" for older retired sets in order to meet the november 24th 2022 requirement.  

AI gone wrong.  

A bunch of my LEGO listings are still up and maybe 1/3 of them are inactive. If I try to edit one of the currently active listings, it tells me that I need approval to sell that item.... even though it's active and I can see on Amazon.com that I'm listed as a seller. But, then I have a bunch of listings that had inventory (FBA & MFN) that went inactive and have stranded inventory.

Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but it seems that with the inconsistency, this is a glitch. If it wasn't a glitch, I don't understand how some of my listings would be active, some would be inactive, and even the active ones don't let me edit the listing. If it were intentional, it seems that everything would be inactive.