Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Just now, severalads said:

has anyone tried to submit anything so far to get ungated? retail invoice or if by chance anyone has a proper invoice? just curious what do they require for ungating, is there anything else this time round in addition to usual requirement?

I would guess most people are waiting a couple days to see how this shakes out, if there will be a backlash and maybe a rollback. If it's here for real for good, people will start sending in invoices.

1 minute ago, Bricklectic said:

I would guess most people are waiting a couple days to see how this shakes out, if there will be a backlash and maybe a rollback. If it's here for real for good, people will start sending in invoices.

makes sense! I am really keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a random thing that Amazon will rollback. Nothing happened as of yet in UK, but obviously if this is a real deal it will be rolled out here too

3 minutes ago, severalads said:

has anyone tried to submit anything so far to get ungated? retail invoice or if by chance anyone has a proper invoice? just curious what do they require for ungating, is there anything else this time round in addition to usual requirement?

People that got ungated within the time period of nov 22 and on, have resubmitted and got ungated again already. 

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

All of the sets in my inventory are retired, and i'm locked out on many of them, and many of them were purchased at retail shops.  Not sure how to get "invoices" for older retired sets in order to meet the november 24th 2022 requirement.  

AI gone wrong.  

You will only need an invoice for a newer item. It will unlock the entire lego brand, not a particular set.  

I still see lots of Lego listings with over 100 sellers.  I still did not get the Lego, Disney, or Pokemon e-mail overnight, but I did get one for "Spider-Man" products.  It is still letting me list new Spider-Man products with no problem.  

6 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I still see lots of Lego listings with over 100 sellers.  I still did not get the Lego, Disney, or Pokemon e-mail overnight, but I did get one for "Spider-Man" products.  It is still letting me list new Spider-Man products with no problem.  

Trying listing this....just out of curiosity.   B09H1K84JF

1 minute ago, smittypop2 said:

Trying listing this....just out of curiosity.   B09H1K84JF

It still shows the "sell this product" button when I go to add a product on that one, but I already have an active listing for it.  I think I sold out a couple weeks ago, so it is active with no inventory.  I don't pay for premium Keepa, but i'd be curious if anyone starts seeing dramatic seller count drops on the charts in next few days. 

Mine also shows Sell this product, but when I click new it flips over to Apply to sell. I also have it in my active inventory and the listing is also active. Just trying to see why you are exempt or what the deal is. I can get Spider-man, Pokemon and Disney invoices that should work. Just wondering about Lego at this stage. The funny thing is I have 2 separate applications for Spider-man that were approved last year and a Disney approval from earlier yesterday on something I was trying to list. 

4 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

Mine also shows Sell this product, but when I click new it flips over to Apply to sell. I also have it in my active inventory and the listing is also active. Just trying to see why you are exempt or what the deal is. I can get Spider-man, Pokemon and Disney invoices that should work. Just wondering about Lego at this stage. The funny thing is I have 2 separate applications for Spider-man that were approved last year and a Disney approval from earlier yesterday on something I was trying to list. 

It is not asking me for approval when I click the sell button.  I think I have submitted invoices for Spider-Man approval in the past also.

rhino.png

2 minutes ago, woodyhtc said:

How long can your inventory stay stranded before Amazon forcibly removes it?

It is usually 30 days, but it might be dependant on your 30 day cycle when they clear stuff. I would also say everyone should check settings to make sure Amazon isn't auto disposing your merchandise. Sometimes that is the default. You don't want them throwing it out or giving you pennies on the dollar for it.  

I got ungated this morning after receiving approval from Amazon. Just submitted an invoice like always and was approved. All Lego products are back for me (retired and some new)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Bootleg Counterfeit Legos, Pokemon Cards, Spider-Man products are the culprit.

Look at how much of it is on Amazon that Amazon is ok with because they copy products themselves all the time.  

If you are Lego, it's getting to a point where you have to protect your brand and product at all costs.  You have to be more selective than ever in who you allow to sell your product at risk in getting mixed in with Chinese junk.  

Make no mistake any invoice you make up Lego will figure it out eventually.  Ungating older collectible Lego is the best you will probably do in the future.

59 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

I got ungated this morning after receiving approval from Amazon. Just submitted an invoice like always and was approved. All Lego products are back for me (retired and some new)

how long from application submission to decision may I ask?

Was this a lego.com receipt / invoice like folks have used in the past? Or another type of invoice? 

Same as the past process

how long from application submission to decision may I ask?

Submitted last night, they said they’d have approval by May 30th, but I was approved this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As an update for you all who say you have a mix of listings active/inactive (or still have most of your listings active):

During my 3AM update, I had about 80 listings turned to Approval Required amongst all my listings, which snagged some of my active listings with inventory, too. As of now, I have a bit over 500 listings turned to Approval Required. This is amongst my active and inactive listings (I have about 2300 from over a decade of listing LEGO on Amazon).

Point is: they seem to still be processing them. I have listings within the last minutes which have been updated.

26 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Same as the past process

Submitted last night, they said they’d have approval by May 30th, but I was approved this morning.

I’ve never had to deal with asking for gatekeeping to be removed by providing documentation in the past 13 years of FBA with amazon. I’ve just been able to list things (with a few sku exceptions, etc).

Would you mind detailing the “old process” (or pointing us on the right direction for more info)?

• Like 1