Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

12 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Got a fun looking email just now:

Is this a blemish on my account or metrics? I dont currently sell this item and it looks like I can just close listing on the drop down on the right side here from within my sellers account

image.thumb.png.eaa5e1aa603fd54852a3070d6afa1dfb.png

Yeah, you're screwed, it's probably time to pack it up and call it a day on Amazon.  Just kidding.  This is not anything worry about if you have no more inventory.  Just delete the listing and move on.  

• Like 2

On 12/13/2022 at 2:11 PM, redcell said:

Yeah, you're screwed, it's probably time to pack it up and call it a day on Amazon.  Just kidding.  This is not anything worry about if you have no more inventory.  Just delete the listing and move on.  

Indeed. It fell off after a day.

But since this is amazon, each day is a new adventure. Today's email: (weird sender - but I see it in my account so I know it's legit)

image.thumb.png.c9879026e244d52a54597a719b96e5fb.png

image.thumb.png.3852c7e8d69f7ce656acd1f376498a45.png

I wonder why it was blocked? We aren't allowed to list pancaked kohls inventory as collectible like new? What policy does that violate exactly

image.thumb.png.e538d4396d33505c5917387e4bb2a9b9.png

BAsed on the reason above, I'm thinking maybe a buyer with poor reading comprehension bought my collectible condition and complained that it was damaged

Edited by Bricklectic

"each day is a new adventure"  Love it.

My battle lately has been de-activated listings because of 'price errors'.  Without fail, I've been the lowest price on each of these listings, and after deactivation there are still other sellers with listings at higher prices.  Bots gone wild, I guess.

• Like 1

Seems like this is the issue:

Toys & Games - Collectible

Collectible toys and games must be rare, exclusive, one-of-a-kind, or otherwise unique. 

But if so, that leaves no options to sell damaged boxes unless im missing something

Looks like the new account health metric is good at least as it shows a dip from 256 to 254 - only 2 points as opposed to before where i didnt know the impact...

image.png.4fde110e01a0958799a178ffd0670586.png

Edited by Bricklectic

18 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Collectible toys and games must be rare, exclusive, one-of-a-kind, or otherwise unique. 

But if so, that leaves no options to sell damaged boxes unless im missing something

Looks like the new account health metric is good at least as it shows a dip from 256 to 254 - only 2 points as opposed to before where i didnt know the impact...

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a good way to sell damaged box sets anymore.  You used to be able to do it by listing them as "used," but they killed that a year or so ago.

• Like 1

I haven't had issues selling damaged boxes as collectible (either good or acceptable) and putting the extent of the damage in the description both by FBA and FBM.  I have had one that completely removed the ability to list as collectible after I listed it and was flagged for it.  I only FBA the ones that have some minimal wear, nothing too significant but I know will bother some buyers.   

I could very well be playing with fire so do so at your own risk I guess. 

@exciter1 Yeah, this strikes me as a set that will be 100+ next year and continue to rise after that. Short run collectible set of 5.

I had expected this set to take off into the 80s this year, but while checking sellers quantities I noticed a few with 800+ banked. I sold the ones I had at Amazon between 60-70 and held the rest of my inventory. 

Similar things happened with some of the minecraft sets. Or the Speed Champion Ferrari. One seller controlled the BB for three months. They definitely aren't buying retail. Selling is turning into a game of dodge the hoard or wait out the hoard. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

image.png.4fde110e01a0958799a178ffd0670586.png

So in case any one finds themselves in a similar predicament - I called account health and they said there was no specific complaint against me by a customer but rather the system flagged my listing I guess it means a bot - maybe because I put "pancaked" in the description? Who knows. Bottom line was that collectible is not allowed unless there is something unique about the item otherwise it must be used or new. 

There was an option to "acknowledge" my heinous wrongdoing and checking 7 boxes accepting responsibility, professing remorse, etc etc. I checked all. hit submit. and shazaam, 5 minutes later my account is back to pristine with zero violations. I do feel clean now :)

On 12/13/2022 at 2:01 PM, Sozial said:

I get those mails often - normally they vanish after some time, but you can try to upload the Compliance documents which you can get from lego (at least for Compliance needed im the EU)

Is there a specific department or convenient way to request compliance/safety documents?

6 hours ago, Achilles said:

Is there a specific department or convenient way to request compliance/safety documents?

https://www.lego.com/de-de/legal/notices-and-policies/compliance/

There you can select even US - I downloaded one document and it seems it covers the compliance documents needed in the US/Canada but I do not know what exactly you need in the US, but its worth a try with amazon.

I download all documents regarding sets I possibly want to sell in the future, because after some time after EOL they vanish from the site. You can request the docs via e-mail but its more work and you are dependent on the compliance department and dependance is never a good thing.😉

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Any tips on getting reimbursement for FBA returns that was marked "Customer Damaged" when the only damage was clearly due to Amazon's removal of the shipping label that was slapped on the box?  The box is still in fairly good condition except for the 2x4 rectangular brown spot on the face of the box 🤦‍♂️

39 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Any tips on getting reimbursement for FBA returns that was marked "Customer Damaged" when the only damage was clearly due to Amazon's removal of the shipping label that was slapped on the box?  The box is still in fairly good condition except for the 2x4 rectangular brown spot on the face of the box 🤦‍♂️

My best tip on that is good luck. I don't feel you have any shot at a reimbursement. Let us know if you figure something out or if someone knows better. I have fought a ton of customer damages/stolen items/amazon or whole foods put the label on it returns and gotten exactly zero refunds of late. They just take more and more and all we can do is bend over. 

• Like 1

Any tips on getting reimbursement for FBA returns that was marked "Customer Damaged" when the only damage was clearly due to Amazon's removal of the shipping label that was slapped on the box?  The box is still in fairly good condition except for the 2x4 rectangular brown spot on the face of the box

eBay it. Amazon did the same thing to me back in November. I opened a case and they automatically declined it in 45 minutes.

Of course, if you want to extend this misery onto others, there’s the unethical decision to order the same set from Amazon and return the damaged one in its place. Obviously I’m not advocating for anyone to do that. But it’s Funny how we’re required to maintain ethical standards of behavior to get the privilege to sell on Amazon’s site when they blatantly destroy our products as part of their service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Turn around, bend over, and say "thank you sir, may I have another?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Amazon is super strict on FBA return reimbursement right now. I opened multiple cases on returned sets and none of them get approved. The only solution is just swallow the cost and list the damaged sets somewhere else, like eBay or facebook market. 

• Like 1