Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Amazon just lost an FBA shipment of 6 Harley Davidsons. My proof of ownership would be a european invoice not in english (but address, quantity, and item # are all in english). I can submit that, or alternatively,  they sent me an email which is basically a receipt that hotmail auto translates to english which I can save as a jpeg. Just not sure option #2 wont look a bit skechy. Last thing I need is accusation of fraud...

47 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Amazon just lost an FBA shipment of 6 Harley Davidsons. My proof of ownership would be a european invoice not in english (but address, quantity, and item # are all in english). I can submit that, or alternatively,  they sent me an email which is basically a receipt that hotmail auto translates to english which I can save as a jpeg. Just not sure option #2 wont look a bit skechy. Last thing I need is accusation of fraud...

Good luck.

Let us know how it goes.

37 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I went with option #1. 

Interestingly, it was a box of 6 and they found 0. :) 

In my case they were receiving them as labeling was required. I kept seeing the numbers go up 1 a day. After day 7 it went from 7 to 0 and closed with zero.

2 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Had an FBA return that was listed as unsellable b/c of “customer damage” emoji19.png and had the unit pulled and sent back to see this. Did anyone have luck getting reimbursed for Amazon playing Edward scissor hands with a unit.

39bad8183697849215d3a6bb8c0459c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit and miss. Just open a case and see what happens 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 5:03 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

Hit and miss. Just open a case and see what happens 

go on twitter and post to @AmazonHelp, attach image, This issue has become such a major problem, they refuse to pay. They need kohls to bag the stuff or use removable labels.

2 hours ago, chaozz said:

go on twitter and post to @AmazonHelp, attach image, This issue has become such a major problem, they refuse to pay. They need kohls to bag the stuff or use removable labels.

I somewhat suspect that this is something that they will intentionally not do something to fix.  As long as they are able to deny reimbursement for the damage caused by the ridiculous stickering, I suspect that this acts as something of a filter for sellers on the platform to weed out sellers who focus on pushing volume and ignore the losses they suffer on the margins as a result of things like this from the sellers who get bothered by things like this enough to complain about it.  If they're as focused on cutting costs as it sounds like they are, I imagine one strategy to do so would be to make the platform as unattractive as possible to sellers that are higher cost to them than others and I suspect that sellers who get bent out of shape over things like this tend to be higher cost than others who just swallow it as the cost of doing business on the platform.  All just speculation, though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redcell said:

I somewhat suspect that this is something that they will intentionally not do something to fix.  As long as they are able to deny reimbursement for the damage caused by the ridiculous stickering, I suspect that this acts as something of a filter for sellers on the platform to weed out sellers who focus on pushing volume and ignore the losses they suffer on the margins as a result of things like this from the sellers who get bothered by things like this enough to complain about it.  If they're as focused on cutting costs as it sounds like they are, I imagine one strategy to do so would be to make the platform as unattractive as possible to sellers that are higher cost to them than others and I suspect that sellers who get bent out of shape over things like this tend to be higher cost than others who just swallow it as the cost of doing business on the platform.  All just speculation, though.

luckily damaged lego sell pretty good on Ebay ...

On 11/18/2022 at 8:00 PM, Mark Twain said:

Had an FBA return that was listed as unsellable b/c of “customer damage” emoji19.png and had the unit pulled and sent back to see this. Did anyone have luck getting reimbursed for Amazon playing Edward scissor hands with a unit.

39bad8183697849215d3a6bb8c0459c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried a lot last year. No luck

Move on

Amazon didn't find 1x Minecraft 21163 in my last FBA shipment but I definitely sent it in. I even have a photo of the open package containing the set just before shipping.

My proof of ownership would be an invoice by Amazon Spain (I'm located and selling in Germany). Can I safely provide that invoice or is it against any rules or guidelines to sell items bought from Amazon?

2 minutes ago, Wildemar said:

Amazon didn't find 1x Minecraft 21163 in my last FBA shipment but I definitely sent it in. I even have a photo of the open package containing the set just before shipping.

My proof of ownership would be an invoice by Amazon Spain (I'm located and selling in Germany). Can I safely provide that invoice or is it against any rules or guidelines to sell items bought from Amazon?

it either 50/50 whether they accept it , but it wont harm. I would try my luck 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Wildemar said:

2 or 3 times i sent 2 items and they didn't find it so Amazon personal marked it as zero so they got empty box? lol

• Sad 1

Amazon checked in two boxes with a total of 50 units. They counted one box correctly with 26 units but missed the entire box of 24 units and somehow added those units to the first box, saying they got all 50 units in the 26 unit box and zero units in the second box! My inventory is correct (I think) but do I open a case a reconcile? 

25 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Amazon checked in two boxes with a total of 50 units. They counted one box correctly with 26 units but missed the entire box of 24 units and somehow added those units to the first box, saying they got all 50 units in the 26 unit box and zero units in the second box! My inventory is correct (I think) but do I open a case a reconcile? 

what would be the benefit? Or do you wanna double dip? Id be happy and not poke the bear

19 hours ago, Wildemar said:

its against terms of prime to sell items bought with prime shipping speed. FYI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

what would be the benefit? Or do you wanna double dip? Id be happy and not poke the bear

I'm with Bricklectic...if you're not out anything, this is definitely a "let sleeping dogs lie" situation.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

it either 50/50 whether they accept it , but it wont harm. I would try my luck 

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Thanks for your replies. I'm located in Germany and I ordered the 21163s from Amazon Spain without Prime. I was billed by Amazon Germany though.

So I guess it's a bit risky to provide that invoice as proof of ownership?

On 11/22/2022 at 11:02 AM, redcell said:

I'm with Bricklectic...if you're not out anything, this is definitely a "let sleeping dogs lie" situation.

New issue. Amazon lost and reimbursed me for 11 units earlier and now those units have showed up. 4 units were reversed reimbursed, which makes sense, but not the other 7 units. Now those units have sold, and four of them are listed as being cancelled and when I look in my inventory they aren't there. They also aren't listed in my event detail page. They're just gone. I'm guessing Amazon used those to fulfill their own orders, since they've paid me for them but there's nothing informing me of this.