Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Most of the sellers on this listing classically park 200-1000+ units when they sell something. It will be interesting to see if this gets resolved. I would assume someone would be motivated enough to try and get the listings merged, moved or unsuppressed. Amazon AI could give it a buy box? Amazon bots operate in nebulous ways.

12 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Most of the sellers on this listing classically park 200-1000+ units when they sell something. It will be interesting to see if this gets resolved. I would assume someone would be motivated enough to try and get the listings merged, moved or unsuppressed. Amazon AI could give it a buy box? Amazon bots operate in nebulous ways.

This listing is singlehandedly paying off an entire FC based on the amount of storage fees they are accumulating in the next 90 days.  

I've largely avoided these types until Amazon gets a human being to fix.  The UK/US duplicates are bad enough.  Then you add the FF/standard layer within a listing.  It's all confusing to a buyer who just wants to one-click a purchase and move on.

3 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

looks like that listing is suppressed and the other listing is amazons choice even tho is its $20 more. And there are 90 sellers on the cheaper listing.

That listing in the screenshot actually came up first with Amazon choice on my search.  The main problem is it does not have BB.  I am guessing your average Amazon buyers assume no BB = no stock

• Like 1

Just a heads up. 

FBA is giving me a hard time for inbound lost.

I have my FBA shipments prepackaged and used FBA for labeling.

Sent 2 shipments of 7 each all the f'ing way from VA to CO. One box got checked in and closed with 7.

I was watching the second shipment when they started receiving. They received them 1 a day and after all 7 were showing received final status changed to Closed with zero quantity.

I sent request for investigation along with proof of ownership.

Got a response after 2 weeks asking for proof of ownership.

Sent it again. Got a response after week saying they are closing the request as proof of purchase was not sent. 

Sent it again today.

The saga continues. Very frustrating.

Sorry just had to vent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, vasp said:

Just a heads up. 

FBA is giving me a hard time for inbound lost.

I have my FBA shipments prepackaged and used FBA for labeling.

Sent 2 shipments of 7 each all the f'ing way from VA to CO. One box got checked in and closed with 7.

I was watching the second shipment when they started receiving. They received them 1 a day and after all 7 were showing received final status changed to Closed with zero quantity.

I sent request for investigation along with proof of ownership.

Got a response after 2 weeks asking for proof of ownership.

Sent it again. Got a response after week saying they are closing the request as proof of purchase was not sent. 

Sent it again today.

The saga continues. Very frustrating.

Sorry just had to vent.

Just another day being F** by Amazon. Eventually they will find it, probably after Christmas when the stuff is almost worth much less 

Anyone had experience with buyer returns for "missing items/incomplete" reason?

I have this buyer who kept 75257 for 3 weeks then decided to return it without any communication. Package arrived with original carton, half-built set and bag of the other half of lego pieces. 

She's claiming she had started building it, realised parts were missing and decided to return and go buy another one.

I think she just cut all lego bags open, mixed all pieces together, then realised it was too difficult.

I issued a refund deducting 40% restocking fee, attaching pictures of the items with comment that it is returned used and in unsellable condition. She's furious🤬

It's probably not a lot of money, but I am just so pissed she thought returning it this way was ok!

20221111_125928.jpg

Edited by severalads
Added picture

4 minutes ago, severalads said:

Anyone had experience with buyer returns for "missing items/incomplete" reason?

I have this buyer who kept 75257 for 3 weeks then decided to return it without any communication. Package arrived with original carton, half-built set and bag of the other half of lego pieces. 

She's claiming she had started building it, realised parts were missing and decided to return and go buy another one.

I think she just cut all lego bags open, mixed all pieces together, then realised it was too difficult.

I issued a refund deducting 40% restocking fee, attaching pictures of the items with comment that it is returned used and in unsellable condition. She's furious🤬

It's probably not a lot of money, but I am just so pissed she thought returning it this way was ok!

Yup, happens often. I usually withhold 50%, never lost a AZ claim although you risk a negative feedback. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Yup, happens often. I usually withhold 50%, never lost a AZ claim although you risk a negative feedback. 

Thanks for sharing! You mind telling what happens if she opens an A-Z? I added text on the pictures in photoshop saying item is used and unsellable and attached them when I withheld 40%.

Also keep attaching same pictures when replying to her.

Will Amazon check those or give me option to respond if she opens a claim?

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Best part of FBM is you can recoup your loses with claims like this.

I sold a Fellow Ode Coffee grinder on FBM. The person returns it claiming false advertising, "doesn't do espresso". Which is funny as the listing only talks about its ability to grind for manual brewing AND the outer box says "Best for Pour Overs".  I open it up and all of the accessories are missing. Only thing in the box is coffee grounds, loose hair and the grinder (which works?). Anyway withheld 70% and haven't heard back yet.

27 minutes ago, severalads said:

Thanks for sharing! You mind telling what happens if she opens an A-Z? I added text on the pictures in photoshop saying item is used and unsellable and attached them when I withheld 40%.

Also keep attaching same pictures when replying to her.

Will Amazon check those or give me option to respond if she opens a claim?

I just explain the situation and refer them to the pictures I uploaded. Usually the customer reach out first so I upload more pics on the DM even when they aren’t needed just so Amazon can see it in case of AZ. 
also it is helpful to link the restock fee policy when replying

On 11/11/2022 at 9:26 AM, Bold-Arrow said:

Just another day being F** by Amazon. Eventually they will find it, probably after Christmas when the stuff is almost worth much less 

So finally they want original invoice for reimbursement.

Since they have always accepted amazon order information in a pdf format, I sent that.

"To proceed with my investigation, please provide the proof of purchase or ownership for the inventory that you've asked me to investigate. Note: The proof of purchase must be the original invoice from the supplier or manufacturer and must include the following information: 

- Date of the purchase - Product names of the missing items - Quantity bought - Full name and address of the invoice issuer - Full name and address of the buyer The purchase price isn't required and can be concealed.

We do not accept pro forma invoices or sales or purchase contracts as proof of ownership because they don't demonstrate a completed purchase."

I think I'm screwed in this case as I can't provide invoice. $700 f'd by amazon.

And yet, they charged me for inbound shipping and labeling fees.

Edited by vasp
  • Sad 2

On 11/11/2022 at 11:44 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

I just explain the situation and refer them to the pictures I uploaded. Usually the customer reach out first so I upload more pics on the DM even when they aren’t needed just so Amazon can see it in case of AZ. 
also it is helpful to link the restock fee policy when replying

So the buyer opened an A-Z claim and at the same time return request was open for the same item again.
It says “Please note that if an A-to-z Guarantee Claim is filed for this item(s) and you have not authorised or closed the return request, we may grant the claim and debit the amount from your account.”

I am confused - I already have a returned item. Shall I just close the request or shall I authorise it?
Can use some advise please, don't want to make a mistake!

10 minutes ago, severalads said:

So the buyer opened an A-Z claim and at the same time return request was open for the same item again.
It says “Please note that if an A-to-z Guarantee Claim is filed for this item(s) and you have not authorised or closed the return request, we may grant the claim and debit the amount from your account.”

I am confused - I already have a returned item. Shall I just close the request or shall I authorise it?
Can use some advise please, don't want to make a mistake!

if you refund you lose the money and get a ding on AZ. Don't touch the refund, just wait for AZ decision. If you lose AZ you get the ding and the customer get refunded, but there is also a chance you will win or Amazon will self refund without a ding. NEVER refund when an AZ is opened 

• Like 1

Just now, Bold-Arrow said:

if you refund you lose the money and get a ding on AZ. Don't touch the refund, just wait for AZ decision. If you lose AZ you get the ding and the customer get refunded, but there is also a chance you will win or Amazon will self refund without a ding. NEVER refund when an AZ is opened 

Got it, so I just ignore the return authorisation request for now and wait?

I'm just really confused when they say they may grant the claim if I do not authorise or close the return? 

6 minutes ago, severalads said:

Got it, so I just ignore the return authorisation request for now and wait?

I'm just really confused when they say they may grant the claim if I do not authorise or close the return? 

because they MAY:

-Deny the claim

-Grant the claim and hold you responsible

-Grant the claim but it is Amazon funded.

If you touch it , it is an automatic loss. You refunded 40%, you have a good chance of winning, if you really want to reply, just tell them you already refunded and charged a restocking fee per policy, otherwise just wait on their decision. You can always appeal if you lose the claim.

ETA: does it say action required under the AZ claim ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

because they MAY:

-Deny the claim

-Grant the claim and hold you responsible

-Grant the claim but it is Amazon funded.

If you touch it , it is an automatic loss. You refunded 40%, you have a good chance of winning, if you really want to reply, just tell them you already refunded and charged a restocking fee per policy, otherwise just wait on their decision. You can always appeal if you lose the claim.

ETA: does it say action required under the AZ claim ?

Thanks for explaining, my first A-Z claim!

A-Z claim is "under review" and no action required there.

There was an option to respond to Amazon there, so I just said that 60% refund was already applied because customer returned used item and told them to check pictures in both chat and refund details.

3 minutes ago, severalads said:

Thanks for explaining, my first A-Z claim!

A-Z claim is "under review" and no action required there.

There was an option to respond to Amazon there, so I just said that 60% refund was already applied because customer returned used item and told them to check pictures in both chat and refund details.

Great, just let it be. Tt might take a day , it might take 2 weeks before they decide. Just check daily to see if they asked for any info from you.