Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

1 hour ago, Loghamel said:

My question is;  why?  He proudly boasts that he sells things for $40 when every one else is selling them for $100.  Strange flex.  But I suppose it explains some of the pricing I see on many sets.  It blows me away how people just love giving money away by selling things 20-50% cheaper than they could.

The only reason to do that If you have to move large volume or want to get rid of your competition since their efforts are not worth their time.

But most of the time its only amateurs who dont know what they are doing and are not monitoring the market combined with experience of the past.

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Interesting. For someone who has been selling for that long on Amazon, that seller does not seem to know too much about their rules on feedback manipulation.  

Guy is an idiot and offering compensation for reviews will get him banned. He put it out here for all the Amazon mods to see. If you check his feedback it is even more alarming. 
these are the kind of sellers we don’t need 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loghamel said:

My question is;  why?  He proudly boasts that he sells things for $40 when every one else is selling them for $100.  Strange flex.  But I suppose it explains some of the pricing I see on many sets.  It blows me away how people just love giving money away by selling things 20-50% cheaper than they could.

This guy is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed given that he posted all of the information on an Amazon forum that Amazon would need to suspend his account for feedback violations.

On 2/22/2022 at 6:25 PM, brickology101 said:

Everybody’s experience seems to be different but in my case boxes or sets that go unaccounted for from FBA inventory shipments typically reappear in my inventory months later. Trying to get reimbursed for these has never worked for me and I tried too. As long as there isn’t a report of a loss within the FBA shipment Amazon does not consider the missing boxes or items as lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp, my shipment from 1/26 was auto closed on 2/27 and moved to "received in full" but zero units are in my inventory and under each unit SKU the last event detail is a FC transfer. Each time I click on the "investigate shipment" and enter the shipment ID it takes me back to the shipping queue reconciliation and says all units accounted with no discrepancies so I cannot even open a case through that method. 

One of the ASINs from my previously missing boxes is now restricted and my inventory is stranded.  There is another ASIN for this item so Amazon restricted the original one that I used.

Is there any point in trying to get the old ASIN reinstated on Amazon?  The least headache inducing route is probably sending the inventory back.

So much for using FBA to QF a bunch of clearance items before Christmas 2021 :P

Novice FBA question. I am new to it and have sent some product to them but my question concerns payouts / refunds.

I have a bank account set up for auto payouts but what happens if my balance is $0 in amazon (just got paid out and funds are in bank account) but then a buyer inevitably files a return?

Does Amazon pull the refunded funds right back out of the bank account OR charge my credit card on file? (Like it does for shipping charges)

Novice FBA question. I am new to it and have sent some product to them but my question concerns payouts / refunds.

I have a bank account set up for auto payouts but what happens if my balance is $0 in amazon (just got paid out and funds are in bank account) but then a buyer inevitably files a return?

Does Amazon pull the refunded funds right back out of the bank account OR charge my credit card on file? (Like it does for shipping charges)

Yes. If your balance at payout time is negative, they take money from you. At least that is what happens with my account.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:55 AM, Mark Twain said:

Welp, my shipment from 1/26 was auto closed on 2/27 and moved to "received in full" but zero units are in my inventory and under each unit SKU the last event detail is a FC transfer. Each time I click on the "investigate shipment" and enter the shipment ID it takes me back to the shipping queue reconciliation and says all units accounted with no discrepancies so I cannot even open a case through that method. 

My lost FC transfer units finally showed back up in my inventory over the weekend. I just noticed it when I saw that I had a sale. Unit is still pending and has not shipped yet, so it may mean that they never actually got checked into the receiving FC. Event detail still says "warehouse transfer."  Weird stuff. 

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

My lost FC transfer units finally showed back up in my inventory over the weekend. I just noticed it when I saw that I had a sale. Unit is still pending and has not shipped yet, so it may mean that they never actually got checked into the receiving FC. Event detail still says "warehouse transfer."  Weird stuff. 

Happy for you. My FC Transfer units are still in limbo. All my Easter inventory. Received on 2/1, went straight into FC Transfer that day but was active on the site until 4 weeks ago. Then suddenly all inventory went Inactive, and has been until now. I have tried a case but it was like talking to a brick wall. Every time they try to explain how FC Transfer works, without addressing the fact that they themselves state in their policies that inventory should be available while in FC Transfer status. Plus, I know the receiving warehouse has seen my shipment because they made corrections on it (first claimed 1 item was missing, then "found" it again). Guess I am early for Easter 2023 .... 

Getting ready to send in my Christmas 2022 shipment this month.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, airhanny said:

Hi, fist time selling as FBA. What do you put on the Seller SKU field? Leave it blank?

You can do it either.  Assigning your own SKU can come in handy when you're downloading date range reports and importing data into a database or spreadsheet to track your sales data.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redcell said:

You can do it either.  Assigning your own SKU can come in handy when you're downloading date range reports and importing data into a database or spreadsheet to track your sales data.

Thank you. And I have to label each box with barcode labels generated by Amazon, correct? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 11:40 AM, carini26 said:

My favorite part of this platform is when you consistently lose out BB, despite having plenty of inventory & slightly lower $, to a high volume seller and simultaneously watch your IPI erode.  

yea mostly to the 2 UK sellers or toyburg

• 3 months later...

As a result, similar to other major carriers, we will introduce a holiday peak fulfillment fee from October 15, 2022, to January 14, 2023. The fee will be an average of USD 0.35 per item sold using US and Canada FBA. For specific fees by size and weight and for changes to other fulfillment methods, please visit the links below.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/GABBX6GZPA8MSZGW

As a result, similar to other major carriers, we will introduce a holiday peak fulfillment fee from October 15, 2022, to January 14, 2023. The fee will be an average of USD 0.35 per item sold using US and Canada FBA. For specific fees by size and weight and for changes to other fulfillment methods, please visit the links below.
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/GABBX6GZPA8MSZGW

Translation: in order to continue meeting our profit expectations during record inflation we’ve decided to jack up the price for each item you suckers send us.

2 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Translation: in order to continue meeting our profit expectations during record inflation we’ve decided to jack up the price for each item you suckers send us.

To be honest - I would be willing to pay more % for the service they provide than they are charging