Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Amazon doesn’t care what you did last year. It’s how fast you sold what you had in stock last week. And this is just fba not fbm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not true. I haven't been selling anything and my oversize got bumped up by around 300 units today.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, chinothegeeko said:

Amazon doesn’t care what you did last year. It’s how fast you sold what you had in stock last week. And this is just fba not fbm

no, Amazon does take last year in to account.  Last year over half my sales were nov-dec.  This year I had a sizable increase in my restock limit in oct that was completely unrelated to my sales volume this year.

And my sales are up this year both week over week and month over month.  All sales are fba.  

The formula is dumb and non transparent, the rollout was bad, and the information void leads to a ton of people pumping out bad information. 

33 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Hmm very slow price progression on listings. The margins this year are going to narrow quite a bit compared to last.

I've been increasing prices every day this week.  In past years, sales velocity is very high between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday, but prices tend to be the highest during the 7-10 days after Cyber Monday.  I'm trying a new approach this year and trying not to sell too much until after Cyber Monday. 

• Like 2

Amazon's "preferred" seller is extra insane this year. A few extremely high volume sellers controlling buy box above or equal price and they aren't losing it/switching off.

The changes and limits to restock amounts are forcing sellers to sell low to continue to push inventory. A much more competitive selling environment this year.

I'm curious if people think otherwise or its too early to tell?

• Like 1

Amazon's "preferred" seller is extra insane this year. A few extremely high volume sellers controlling buy box above or equal price and they aren't losing it/switching off.

The changes and limits to restock amounts are forcing sellers to sell low to continue to push inventory. A much more competitive selling environment this year.

I'm curious if people think otherwise or its too early to tell?

Not as much profit as last year but I think we all knew this was coming. Not over yet ! The next 2-3 weeks are crucial.

Ladies and gents... gates on some listings have been lifted. Not all for me, but the ones I needed are open. Might want to check on any listings you've been blocked on the past year. 
Yep...looks like that annoying group gate is finally gone.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk