Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

22 hours ago, redcell said:

Has anyone else had their restock limits jump over the last week?  Mine tripled even though I haven't sent anything in in several months.  It would be nice if Amazon would explain how the limits actually work.

Yeah. Last week mine almost doubled and this week it went up about an additional 15%. But, I've started sending some stuff in that will sell now to try and bring my numbers up to a workable amount for the upcoming holiday season. So, I thought that my improved sell through and all of that was helping. Maybe it was just random! Who the hell knows??!!

1 hour ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Yeah. Last week mine almost doubled and this week it went up about an additional 15%. But, I've started sending some stuff in that will sell now to try and bring my numbers up to a workable amount for the upcoming holiday season. So, I thought that my improved sell through and all of that was helping. Maybe it was just random! Who the hell knows??!!

Mine was getting dangerously low last week, but just jumped up by like 6000 units when I looked today.  It must be seasonal or something because there was no increase in sales or sell through on my part. 

13 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

Mine was getting dangerously low last week, but just jumped up by like 6000 units when I looked today.  It must be seasonal or something because there was no increase in sales or sell through on my part. 

It has to be seasonal because I've done nothing that would justify the increase I was given.  It sure would have been nice if Amazon had indicated this would happen when I asked them repeatedly since the limits went into effect.

On 9/26/2021 at 9:01 AM, redcell said:

Has anyone else had their restock limits jump over the last week?  Mine tripled even though I haven't sent anything in in several months.  It would be nice if Amazon would explain how the limits actually work.

Lol, it'd be nice if Amazon explained how ANYTHING worked. Each year I'm randomly unable to sell a handful of sets without rhyme or reason. I keep opening cases on them and I get a generic response each time.

Should start an inventory swap so I can offload the pile of 10812's i have.

14 minutes ago, landphieran said:

Lol, it'd be nice if Amazon explained how ANYTHING worked. Each year I'm randomly unable to sell a handful of sets without rhyme or reason. I keep opening cases on them and I get a generic response each time.

I'd be interested in a pile of 10812....

1 hour ago, landphieran said:

Thats an interesting idea, a gated sets exchange. Ill add mine - I cant sell 10812 either but I do have a small amount (15-25 each) of  the following id be open to swapping for similair retired sets:

24 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Curious what the reasons were behind the gates, I can still list 10812, 76119, 70419.

Although Amazon basically lost 2/3 of my last shipment to FBA 😠

I'm thinking its something related to the volume of Lego's I buy from Amazon (aka flagged as a flipper).
- AND/OR -
Child safety certificates on some of the friends/duplos?

13 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I'm thinking its something related to the volume of Lego's I buy from Amazon (aka flagged as a flipper).
- AND/OR -
Child safety certificates on some of the friends/duplos?

I have been ignoring those safety cert requests for the past 6-7 months or so.  Still, if you gave them the cert and they approved, you should not have any problem.  Did they deny your cert submissions?

• Like 1

Thank you for contacting us again and we are here to help you.

In response to your question about approval to sell B07WG9W5GN, we are currently not accepting applications to sell these items. We will not be able to provide any further information at this time.

We have checked through Internal tools and see that the product currently has a restriction as this is a high selling ASIN on our platform.

To ensure buyer satisfaction we occasionally restrict the sales of certain products to pre-approved sellers.

These listings have been restricted based on that high selling ASIN have a higher chances of quality and counterfeit issue. This is done to maintain buyer confidence and trust.

This certainly doesn't mean that your products are illegitimate, it is just that this is a precautionary step taken by Amazon. Due to the nature of this restriction, Seller Support cannot provide further information or approve requests to list.

While we do not have a specific date when we expect these restrictions to be lifted, these restrictions are intended to be temporary in nature so that we are unable to keep the case as open.

So we would request you to wait until the brand gets approved by our compliance to be sold on Amazon. Please be informed that at this time we do not have a way to appeal this decision, nor is there a way to apply for approval to list this item.

I haven't been requested documents for any of the blocked sets. I was never able to sell them from the get go. I'll probably try to add sets to my inventory as soon as the come out and see if that makes a difference (though that may result in other problems 😕 ).

I find it interesting as my volume as a seller is high and my feedback rating has been 100% for years. I'm curious if people with true Lego invoices have found a way around these or are running into them.

Someone upthread mentioned not to buy things that you cannot list on Amazon.
Although I don't really follow that advice since I also sell on eBay. :dontknow:

I don’t either, but this random gating crap is all kinds of stupid. Lots of other 3 party marketplaces you can move units-eBay, Mercari, OfferUp, FB marketplace, StockX, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent a bunch of small things in 2 boxes to Amazon for FBA.  The receiving FC immediately transferred the boxes to other FC.  The new FC never touched the box even though the status showed receiving.  1 month later the shipment is closed and my items were never processed to my FBA inventory.

When I clicked Reconcile, Amazon asked for "Proof of Purchase (Invoice)".  I do not have an invoice per say, only a bunch of Walmart and Target receipts with acronyms that are not going to match any of the items (you know how it is with receipts).  Should I still send a picture of those receipts ?  What other information do I need to send to Amazon?

I sent a bunch of small things in 2 boxes to Amazon for FBA.  The receiving FC immediately transferred the boxes to other FC.  The new FC never touched the box even though the status showed receiving.  1 month later the shipment is closed and my items were never processed to my FBA inventory.
When I clicked Reconcile, Amazon asked for "Proof of Purchase (Invoice)".  I do not have an invoice per say, only a bunch of Walmart and Target receipts with acronyms that are not going to match any of the items (you know how it is with receipts).  Should I still send a picture of those receipts ?  What other information do I need to send to Amazon?
I would scan the receipts and highlight the specific items with notations of which line relates to which item and then send those in. That had always worked for me...at least after a few rounds of stupidity where "INSERT FAKE NAME" asks me to prove that I'm human, over the age of 18, have a driver's license, and whatever other ridiculousness they've programmed to try and get sellers to give up and go away.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Also...the inventory will show up eventually one way or another. I recently got back a box of 8 units of a city set that I sent in 5-6 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redcell said:

I would scan the receipts and highlight the specific items with notations of which line relates to which item and then send those in. That had always worked for me...at least after a few rounds of stupidity where "INSERT FAKE NAME" asks me to prove that I'm human, over the age of 18, have a driver's license, and whatever other ridiculousness they've programmed to try and get sellers to give up and go away.

Also...the inventory will show up eventually one way or another. I recently got back a box of 8 units of a city set that I sent in 5-6 years ago.

I was afraid you were going to say that.  I sent these out to minimize the work I had to do.  But I could have sold these craps myself in the past 30 days waiting for FCs, not to mention the extra time needed to do the special treatment for receipts.

F--ked By Amazon indeed :haha:

8 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I was afraid you were going to say that.  I sent these out to minimize the work I had to do.  But I could have sold these craps myself in the past 30 days waiting for FCs, not to mention the extra time needed to do the special treatment for receipts.

F--ked By Amazon indeed :haha:

When items go missing like this I have at times just uploaded a blank "image" just to get the initial trouble ticket created.  I the explain in more detail that I don't need receipts because the entire box has disappeared.  It has worked before after the usual Amazon silliness.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Man, I don't envy you.  I had a bunch of boxes (roughly $40k in LEGO) disappear.  I had tracking number, I had proof of delivery, heck, I even had the dock number of the warehouse they were delivered to, and still couldn't get them to acknowledge they had misplaced them.  They all showed up about 3 months later.  Most likely, they were sitting in a container on the lot and were 'lost' until someone found and emptied the container.  Good luck.  I lost a ton of sleep and experienced a ton of stress over it.

• Sad 4

19 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

Man, I don't envy you.  I had a bunch of boxes (roughly $40k in LEGO) disappear.  I had tracking number, I had proof of delivery, heck, I even had the dock number of the warehouse they were delivered to, and still couldn't get them to acknowledge they had misplaced them.  They all showed up about 3 months later.  Most likely, they were sitting in a container on the lot and were 'lost' until someone found and emptied the container.  Good luck.  I lost a ton of sleep and experienced a ton of stress over it.

It is amazing that they don't have some sort of surveillance cameras to figure out these large discrepancies. I get worried when I send in shipments and pay Amazon to label them. If the shipping labels come off the box, I feel like there is no way for Amazon to know it is my inventory if they find it months later.  If I label my units, I feel like they will know it is my inventory when they find it. 

On 9/27/2021 at 7:49 AM, redcell said:

It has to be seasonal because I've done nothing that would justify the increase I was given.  It sure would have been nice if Amazon had indicated this would happen when I asked them repeatedly since the limits went into effect.

My cynical side is thinking that they bumped up restock limits just in time for increased Q4 storage fees.  October 1st is almost here and standard storage fees are over 3x higher October-December. This is my 8th year selling and the October storage fees are the the biggest pain point in my business.  It was fine last year with all the shortages/stay at home demand since things sold almost instantly. There are only so many hours in the day and I have to use August-October to load in product for Nov-December sales.