Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

So...

I wake up to two "return received" messages from Amazon this morning... for items I shipped to FBA. 

Yes, it appears Amazon retail has attempted to refund me for items shipped to an FBA warehouse. I've double checked all my other purchases (haven't bought this item for a year). 

So weird. Not sure what my recourse is, but it's only a few items. Anyone else see this happen?

From May 24, 2021, we will automatically verify customer claims and offer refunds on your behalf, for specific scenarios where Amazon can verify package delivery using the tracking information provided during order confirmation. This update will simplify the A-to-z Guarantee Claims experience for you and your customers, and will help protect your Order Defect Rate (ODR).

How will this update improve my A-to-z Guarantee Claims experience?

Currently, you must respond to customer messages about delivery issues within 48 hours, review the issue, verify tracking, and refund the order amount to the customer (if eligible). If you do not respond in 48 hours, the customer is more likely to file an A-to-z Guarantee Claim, which may result in an account debit that would negatively impact your account health or ODR.

The automatic verification update will reduce the time and effort it takes to verify a valid claim. If the tracking information entered in Seller Central demonstrates that the customer claim is valid, we will issue a refund. We will carefully review all tracking information to protect you from unjustified claims.

How will automatic verification of Buyer A-to-z Claims work?

Some examples of Buyer A-to-z Guarantee Claims that can be automatically verified using proof of delivery include:

1. Tracking shows that the package is refused and returned to you – If a customer refuses a package on delivery, and we receive tracking information indicating that the package is returning to you, we will automatically refund the buyer and debit your account for the claim amount. It does not impacts your account health or ODR.
  2. Tracking shows that you have not shipped the package by the Ship-by date 5- If you have not shipped the package by the expected ship date, or you have not confirmed the shipment on Seller Central, we will automatically refund the buyer and debit your account for the claim amount. It impacts your account health or ODR.
Note: If we cannot verify the customer’s claim through tracking information, we will require them to reach out to you to resolve the issue before they file a claim. Customers will still need to contact you directly for any returns-related issues.

How will I be notified if Amazon resolves an A-to-z Guarantee Claim on my behalf?

If we make a claim decision and issue a refund on your behalf, we will send you a confirmation email to clarify the reason.

How can I appeal an A-to-z Guarantee Claim decision?

You will have 30 calendar days to submit an appeal if you disagree with our decision. The A-to-z Guarantee Claim decision confirmation email will include steps to appeal the decision or you can directly submit your appeals on the Manage A-to-z Claims page using link: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/guarantee-claims/home.html/ref=xx_azclaims_dnav_home#/ 3. You need to provide proof for us to re-investigate the claim, for example, proof that your product was delivered to the customer.

For more information on preventing claims, go to How to prevent A-to-z Guarantee Claims 1.

• Haha 1

This process is BS. I had a customer claim they didn’t receive the package, I provided tracking showing it was delivered, and Amazon not only took their side but sent a message saying that they were of the view that I sent it to the wrong address, even though I had proof of the valid address. They just make things up now to side with the customer. 

32 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

From May 24, 2021, we will automatically verify customer claims and offer refunds on your behalf, for specific scenarios where Amazon can verify package delivery using the tracking information provided during order confirmation. This update will simplify the A-to-z Guarantee Claims experience for you and your customers, and will help protect your Order Defect Rate (ODR).

Currently, you must respond to customer messages about delivery issues within 48 hours, review the issue, verify tracking, and refund the order amount to the customer (if eligible). If you do not respond in 48 hours, the customer is more likely to file an A-to-z Guarantee Claim, which may result in an account debit that would negatively impact your account health or ODR.

The automatic verification update will reduce the time and effort it takes to verify a valid claim. If the tracking information entered in Seller Central demonstrates that the customer claim is valid, we will issue a refund. We will carefully review all tracking information to protect you from unjustified claims.

Some examples of Buyer A-to-z Guarantee Claims that can be automatically verified using proof of delivery include:

1. Tracking shows that the package is refused and returned to you – If a customer refuses a package on delivery, and we receive tracking information indicating that the package is returning to you, we will automatically refund the buyer and debit your account for the claim amount. It does not impacts your account health or ODR.
  2. Tracking shows that you have not shipped the package by the Ship-by date 5- If you have not shipped the package by the expected ship date, or you have not confirmed the shipment on Seller Central, we will automatically refund the buyer and debit your account for the claim amount. It impacts your account health or ODR.
Note: If we cannot verify the customer’s claim through tracking information, we will require them to reach out to you to resolve the issue before they file a claim. Customers will still need to contact you directly for any returns-related issues.

How will I be notified if Amazon resolves an A-to-z Guarantee Claim on my behalf?

If we make a claim decision and issue a refund on your behalf, we will send you a confirmation email to clarify the reason.

You will have 30 calendar days to submit an appeal if you disagree with our decision. The A-to-z Guarantee Claim decision confirmation email will include steps to appeal the decision or you can directly submit your appeals on the Manage A-to-z Claims page using link: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/guarantee-claims/home.html/ref=xx_azclaims_dnav_home#/ 3. You need to provide proof for us to re-investigate the claim, for example, proof that your product was delivered to the customer.

For more information on preventing claims, go to How to prevent A-to-z Guarantee Claims 1.

Lets see if Amazon can train their bots better than their Customer Experience people :D

(spoilers: not holding my breath)

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Where's the section that stipulates a termination unit will be sent from the future to assassinate you as part of their new temporal A-Z Guarantee? 

On 5/11/2021 at 4:19 PM, flyingpig1 said:

Ugh, the new fba shipment workflow is godawful.  So many extra pointless clicks.  I hate it.

watch out if you are sending in mixed skus...  for some reason the labels are printing out in reverse (ie box 1 of 2 is actually box 2 of 2).  Not sure if it matters to Amazon, but it does not correspond with the excel sheet. You have to look closely at the box name.

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Oh for F sakes. If you think the price ceiling restrictions are bad at Amazon, wait till this goes to court or even settlement and Amazon agrees to tightly monitor prices on their website.

Monopoly and controlling prices because one has acquired nearly all of a product inventory nationwide is a concern. I agree. However, this is not to be mixed with free trade whereby a product in short supply and in high demand command a higher price. This for me is different and it should not be touched. Unfortunately I am concerned the DC lawyers may attack free trade with the intent to prevent monopoly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, biking_tiger said:

In other news, how does a simple man print more than one sku on a stickering sheet? (I'm using 8 1/2 x 11 address label sheets). I haven't sent much in since the "upgrade" to the new workflow. 

once you click ready to pack on the mutiple items and clicking packing individual units, you will see the window that says "pack group 1". Click view content and it will allow you to print what you need for each item or any combo.

Edited by joch29

Why hold Amazon or their customers accountable when you can liquidate your FBA returns and get 5% of the lowest price back??? :drag:

FBA Liquidations is a new program that lets you recover value from your excess and customer-returned inventory and avoid storage fees. 

How it works
We send your inventory to wholesale liquidators, allowing you to recover typically 5% to 10% of an item’s average selling price. The program offers an alternative to having your inventory disposed of or returned to you. 

To liquidate your inventory, select Liquidations when you create a removal order from any inventory planning page. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Why hold Amazon or their customers accountable when you can liquidate your FBA returns and get 5% of its lowest price back??? :drag:

FBA Liquidations is a new program that lets you recover value from your excess and customer-returned inventory and avoid storage fees. 

How it works
We send your inventory to wholesale liquidators, allowing you to recover typically 5% to 10% of an item’s average selling price. The program offers an alternative to having your inventory disposed of or returned to you. 

To liquidate your inventory, select Liquidations when you create a removal order from any inventory planning page. 

Then they sell it at 60%. No thanks , rather burn it