Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

We understand your concern about ASIN: B01KBSNBL0.

We have contacted our Internal Team for the problem you are facing with ASIN: B01KBSNBL0.

Our Internal Team will contact you in some days and will resolve your query and help you reinstate ASIN: B01KBSNBL0

To help us continually improve, we ask that you take a moment to complete our survey below to tell us about your experience with this specific interaction.

the joys of amazon seller support.

34 minutes ago, cladner said:

alternative antman quantum explorers 76109?  i also had this flagged and sold through my stock a while back. 

that was the alternative? It seemed like it had a better sales rank than the others. 

I better stop with the shortcut of listing by set number and go back to using upc.

Edited by joch29

38 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

So it seems like these listings have been removed for all. If I type the ASINs given in google.com I get the listing from Amazon.com but then when I click on the link I get a dog page. Can this be connected to the child safety forms missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's just connected to Amazon sucking.

• Like 1

I tried emailing child-safety@amazon with the testing and conformity docs using the format that worked previously and got a response:

Thank you for contacting Product Safety.

Your submission is currently under review and our team will reach out to you if we require any additional documentation or clarification.

We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for selling on Amazon.

Thank you for selling with Amazon,

Previously the approval time was a few hours or skipped straight to the approval email without a review email so I'm not sure.

Edited by flyingpig1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, flyingpig1 said:

Anyway, anyone have a good guide on creating new listings on amazon?  Or want to create some listings for me?

🙃

Its been a while since I tried, but I believe creating listings for LEGO is gated separately from selling.  Only trusted(?) partners can create new listings.  Anyone else that tries to create a listing with "LEGO" in title/description/manufacturer etc. gets rejected.

• Like 2

I understand you are having issues with ASIN B00M1WNTKI.

We have investigated and found the Seller to be using UPC/EANs that are not vended by GS1. If vended by GS1, please provide relevant proof to validate the UPC/EANs.

In order to ensure an enjoyable shopping experience and to protect how brands are presented on Amazon, it is essential that we have accurate data associated with products in our catalog. For this reason, we ask you provide proof of the authenticity of the GTINs you are using via one of the following methods.

If you are the owner of the brand you are selling, please provide:

* A copy of the certificate issued to you by GS1 showing your legal entity and associated GTIN prefix(s).
* Proof that the legal entity on this certificate is related to your brand such as a trademark registration or website which displays your products or brand and its relationship with the UPC/EAN owner. (We only consider official websites owned by the brand, manufacturer or the UPC/EAN owner - the affiliation should be clearly called out)

If you are not the owner of the brand, please provide:

* A copy of a letter or legal agreement from the manufacturer, or brand stating that the GTIN you are using to list this product is valid and owned by them OR that you are allowed to use your own GTIN to sell unique products with their brand. If you are using your own GTIN, the letter should establish that there is a relationship between the legal entity associated with your prefix and the brand. The email or letter must also include the point of contact at the brand or manufacturer that Amazon can contact to verify, this can be found in the footer of the email or indicated in the text.

If you are using your own GTIN to sell unique products with their brand, please provide a copy of the certificate issued to you by GS1 showing your legal entity and associated GTIN prefix(s).

Our GS1 Policy
We verify the authenticity of product UPCs by checking the GS1 database. UPCs that do not match the information provided by GS1 will be considered invalid. We recommend obtaining your UPCs directly from GS1 (and not from other third parties selling UPC licenses) to ensure the appropriate information is reflected in the GS1 database.

Puneet K.
Amazon.com Seller Support

Well, this is annoying.  Looks like a crackdown on some of the upc resellers?  Some of these listings had really good sales numbers.  Ugh.  These were mostly loose minifigures or bundles, so I can see how someone who made the listing got in trouble with cutting corners with UPCs.  And of course its not consistent, there's plenty of listings active of lose minifigures.  Anyone with experience buying from GS1 or willing to create some listings under your own UPCs?  🙃 

I guess I need to see if I can create LEGO listings or if I'm gated.

1 hour ago, flyingpig1 said:

I understand you are having issues with ASIN B00M1WNTKI.

We have investigated and found the Seller to be using UPC/EANs that are not vended by GS1. If vended by GS1, please provide relevant proof to validate the UPC/EANs.

In order to ensure an enjoyable shopping experience and to protect how brands are presented on Amazon, it is essential that we have accurate data associated with products in our catalog. For this reason, we ask you provide proof of the authenticity of the GTINs you are using via one of the following methods.

If you are the owner of the brand you are selling, please provide:

* A copy of the certificate issued to you by GS1 showing your legal entity and associated GTIN prefix(s).
* Proof that the legal entity on this certificate is related to your brand such as a trademark registration or website which displays your products or brand and its relationship with the UPC/EAN owner. (We only consider official websites owned by the brand, manufacturer or the UPC/EAN owner - the affiliation should be clearly called out)

If you are not the owner of the brand, please provide:

* A copy of a letter or legal agreement from the manufacturer, or brand stating that the GTIN you are using to list this product is valid and owned by them OR that you are allowed to use your own GTIN to sell unique products with their brand. If you are using your own GTIN, the letter should establish that there is a relationship between the legal entity associated with your prefix and the brand. The email or letter must also include the point of contact at the brand or manufacturer that Amazon can contact to verify, this can be found in the footer of the email or indicated in the text.

If you are using your own GTIN to sell unique products with their brand, please provide a copy of the certificate issued to you by GS1 showing your legal entity and associated GTIN prefix(s).

Our GS1 Policy
We verify the authenticity of product UPCs by checking the GS1 database. UPCs that do not match the information provided by GS1 will be considered invalid. We recommend obtaining your UPCs directly from GS1 (and not from other third parties selling UPC licenses) to ensure the appropriate information is reflected in the GS1 database.

Puneet K.
Amazon.com Seller Support

Well, this is annoying.  Looks like a crackdown on some of the upc resellers?  Some of these listings had really good sales numbers.  Ugh.  These were mostly loose minifigures or bundles, so I can see how someone who made the listing got in trouble with cutting corners with UPCs.  And of course its not consistent, there's plenty of listings active of lose minifigures.  Anyone with experience buying from GS1 or willing to create some listings under your own UPCs?  🙃 

I guess I need to see if I can create LEGO listings or if I'm gated.

These items don't have UPCs. They have been removing them for a while in various categories (mostly books/media). The only way to originally list them was by buying UPCs and using them. You can not buy Lego or any other brand UPCs because they are only allocated to said companies. Promo items/loose items/items that share UPCS (looking at you Mattel) are going to be done. It is getting sad on Amazon now. They are going to be known as the world's smallest catalog by the time they are done with this. 

Oddly some of these do have UPCs, but because the alternative listing took the main UPC and someone else listed under a 'new' upc the listing got taken down.

And you cant get a UPC exemption for bundles for LEGO branded stuff either.  Ugh.

Tried making a listing for a LEGO thing I do have a UPC for, and amazon let me submit it but hasn't actually created a listing I can see in my inventory so thing's aren't looking good.  On the bright side some of my previously shutdown listings from months ago got reactivated for no discernible reason.

Some of these listings are still live in the .co.uk site or other foreign sites.  Odd.  Hmm.  Anyway, anyone with bright ideas here please get in touch!

amazon requires taping as prep work on a frustration free set. what do you guys think that means - taping on the set itself or taping on the outer ff packaging? im thinking i would be okay if i checked merchant prepped and taped outer box myself but not confident would welcome other opinions

Lubed and ***ed by Jeff yet again with this new policy :

Items listed as Collectibles must provide added value. For example, they must feature an autograph or be an out-of-print edition. You must provide a detailed description of the collectible aspects of the item to justify listing an item in this category.

8 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Lubed and ***ed by Jeff yet again with this new policy :

Items listed as Collectibles must provide added value. For example, they must feature an autograph or be an out-of-print edition. You must provide a detailed description of the collectible aspects of the item to justify listing an item in this category.

Why? They say right in the description that it just needs to be an out of print edition. That's what we all sell... out of print toys.

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

just got an email about it ... how do you flip hard to find item in damaged boxes 

I got the email too. I'm just asking why you feel that this means anything negative? I get that the reaction is to automatically assume anything "new" from Amazon is going to be negative and I usually agree with that. In this case, I don't see it being negative.

If you're saying that you often flip hard to find items that are still currently being produced using Collectible - Like New, I guess that's a different conversation. As far as LEGO is concerned (and all the other toys that I sell after they're out of print), I don't see this having any impact. If the item is out of print and the box is damaged, you just list it as Collectible - Very Good or Collectible - Good depending on box condition. That's what the current rules are, that's what I do now, and what I will continue to do. I don't see this changing anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I got the email too. I'm just asking why you feel that this means anything negative? I get that the reaction is to automatically assume anything "new" from Amazon is going to be negative and I usually agree with that. In this case, I don't see it being negative.

If you're saying that you often flip hard to find items that are still currently being produced using Collectible - Like New, I guess that's a different conversation. As far as LEGO is concerned (and all the other toys that I sell after they're out of print), I don't see this having any impact. If the item is out of print and the box is damaged, you just list it as Collectible - Very Good or Collectible - Good depending on box condition. That's what the current rules are, that's what I do now, and what I will continue to do. I don't see this changing anything.

Fair assessment. I prefer not to return damaged boxes for hard to find items and just list them as collectibles . Made a good chunk of money doing that. And what do we define as out of print ? Waiting for Lego to list as retired I’m assuming ? 

9 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I think the email is very specific and used/damaged/etc. items will be taken down from Amazon eventually. I am sure we will have a new round of bots gone wild soon enough or strikes for bs that is ambiguous at best. This is another nail in the coffin on Amazon selling. 

11 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Fair assessment. I prefer not to return damaged boxes for hard to find items and just list them as collectibles . Made a good chunk of money doing that. And what do we define as out of print ? Waiting for Lego to list as retired I’m assuming ? 

For me, I hold onto those damaged boxes until they're out of print just like I do if a set (or other toy) is in perfect condition. The damaged item sells for a premium after it is out of print just like the undamaged one does. If I was going to be happy holding onto the perfect condition until it is out of print, I'm happy to hold a damaged one as well.

As for what determines if it is out of print. I guess that could be a grey area. I would think if you can prove it's not generally available at retail, that would suffice. But, yeah, this could be a potential area where Amazon could hassle you.

I guess in my situation, this is such a small fraction of a fraction of my business that if I need to sell all damaged items on ebay then I'll do that. It will make almost zero difference in my bottom line. I already sell really badly damaged exclusively on ebay. Amazon buyers are picky so I only sell damaged items that are still in reasonable condition on Amazon. On ebay, I take pictures of the exact item and list that it is clearly damaged and don't need to worry about people wanting to return it because it's more damaged than they expected.

9 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

I think the email is very specific and used/damaged/etc. items will be taken down from Amazon eventually. I am sure we will have a new round of bots gone wild soon enough or strikes for bs that is ambiguous at best. This is another nail in the coffin on Amazon selling. 

I'm glad you feel that way. The more people that feel that way and decide to close their Amazon business, the more customers for me!

2 hours ago, skinsfan0521 said:

For me, I hold onto those damaged boxes until they're out of print just like I do if a set (or other toy) is in perfect condition. The damaged item sells for a premium after it is out of print just like the undamaged one does. If I was going to be happy holding onto the perfect condition until it is out of print, I'm happy to hold a damaged one as well.

That's what I do as well.  As of late, I just started selling them on Ebay.  In my experience, the colletible/like new/ etc take forever to sell and only after I keep making price drops.  I never compared sales to make an exact determination, but I don't think I came out ahead selling them on Amazon considering the much lower price and storage fees.  Thoughts?

41 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

That's what I do as well.  As of late, I just started selling them on Ebay.  In my experience, the colletible/like new/ etc take forever to sell and only after I keep making price drops.  I never compared sales to make an exact determination, but I don't think I came out ahead selling them on Amazon considering the much lower price and storage fees.  Thoughts?

I also never did the math either, but would tend to agree with you. I find that the Amazon buyer wants something new and in good condition and will pay whatever the price is. The ebay buyer is looking for a discount or "scratch & dent" sale.

41 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

My crushed Slave 1 that my wife ran over in the garage in December sold on Bricklink for $179. Shipped unboxed so I even saved money. I sold my other new copies of Slave 1 on Amazon for $245. When you take into account Amazon's fees it isn't that much of a loss to move damaged sets on other marketplaces. The key is if the set is actually hot and in demand vs. a dud that might take forever to sell elsewhere.