Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

52 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

That's what I do as well.  As of late, I just started selling them on Ebay.  In my experience, the colletible/like new/ etc take forever to sell and only after I keep making price drops.  I never compared sales to make an exact determination, but I don't think I came out ahead selling them on Amazon considering the much lower price and storage fees.  Thoughts?

Between the arbitrary price ceilings and the random removal of listings, one might think Amazon is deliberately destroying their 3PS segment :(

17 hours ago, flyingpig1 said:

Bots still going, lost another couple of listings.  A few other sellers noticed as well and are dumping all their inventory on similar listings are firesale prices.

Guess I need to look at walmart or ebay for these now.  Annoying. 

I just pay for the removal and part the sets out. Less hassle. 

2 hours ago, Foreman Porgy said:

I just pay for the removal and part the sets out. Less hassle. 

The latest rounds have all been minifigure listings or promotional listings, so you can't part them out and sell on amazon because all the minifigure/part out listings are getting deleted.

Final notice: Disposal order for your unfulfillable FBA inventory
F
I keep getting these. super frustrating as my unfulfillable inventory does no allow me to create a removal order:
image.png.8c69e20ae8e915a2081ec44df061f5ac.png
so i keep waiting till i can remove it but then i get the disposal email, been happening very often lately.

17 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:
Final notice: Disposal order for your unfulfillable FBA inventory
F
I keep getting these. super frustrating as my unfulfillable inventory does no allow me to create a removal order:
image.png.8c69e20ae8e915a2081ec44df061f5ac.png
so i keep waiting till i can remove it but then i get the disposal email, been happening very often lately.

Yep, been happening to me too.  I contacting support and they said they needed a screen shot to prove it.  The next time I provided a screen shot and then they said it doesn't show a date so it didn't count either.

April 22, 2021

More FBA shipment flexibility with restock limits by storage type

In July 2020, we announced ASIN-level quantity limits for products that are stored in our fulfillment network. We made this change to ensure that we can receive and store products for all sellers who use Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA).

We’ve heard your feedback, and are continuously improving our policies and programs to better receive and store your products.

Effective April 22, 2021, FBA products will no longer be subject to ASIN-level quantity limits. Instead, restock limits will be set at the storage-type level, offering you more flexibility in managing your shipments.

To review your restock limits and maximum shipment quantity, go to Inventory performance or Shipping Queue.

For more information, go to Restock limits by storage type: Frequently asked questions.

Oh how nice, new storage limits with zero warning when there previously were no limits.  At least pulling back all the inventory that got stranded when the listings got deleted will give me some breathing room.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:01 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

Between the arbitrary price ceilings and the random removal of listings, one might think Amazon is deliberately destroying their 3PS segment :(

Don't forget the random product level gating in addition to the overall LEGO brand gating.  We're all just kinda hoping that amazon doesn't hit us with the gating and invoices hammer for real and end the gravy train.

Love this one ... listing B085CMYZ6B (40370) is suppressed in Amazon's search results. Checking in Seller Central tells me:

Determine why a listing is not displaying
ASIN
B085CMYZ6B

Your listings ASIN is missing the ""Item Type Keyword"" attribute.

• Go to Manage Inventory to edit your listing then click ""More Details"" tab to edit your ""Item Type Keyword"".

When I go to Manage Inventory I get this "More Details" tab. 

image.thumb.png.890734281b21fabbbeeaea33bf5d8177.png

image.png.a7c2b387fd23ec833faac58634c0a8c3.png

Anyone know where "Item Type Keyword" is in this screen?

This morning Amazon reactivated one of the pulled ASINs and units that were stranded in FBA began selling. The open case was closed and units were no longer listed as stranded but I got a GTIN email for the exact ASIN with the following:

Due 5/27/2021 - This listing will be removed if you do not respond by the due date. This ASIN has GTIN codes that do not match the brand associated to the ASIN. GTIN codes are reliable data that are used to limit duplicate products in the catalog and ensure product authenticity. We verify the authenticity of GTINs by checking the GS1 database and GTINs that do not match information in GS1 are considered invalid. We recommend obtaining your GTINs directly from GS1 (and not from other third parties selling GTIN licenses) to ensure the appropriate information is reflected in the GS1 database. If you believe we have removed your ASIN in error, contact Selling Partner Support here. Repeatedly creating ASINs for brands you do not have a relationship with will result in the removal of ASIN creation abilities. Learn more .

17 hours ago, flyingpig1 said:

And like magic, all the suppressed listings are back.

However now I'm over my inventory restock limit and can no longer send inventory to amazon.

It's great having unlimited storage but restock limits, thanks amazon.

The new aggregate restock limits are going to be a total PIA if they don't make changes to the algorithm they use to set them or adjust them for Q4.  Right now, my limits are set at 1/2 the number of units that I sold over a 2 week period last year.

28 minutes ago, redcell said:

The new aggregate restock limits are going to be a total PIA if they don't make changes to the algorithm they use to set them or adjust them for Q4.  Right now, my limits are set at 1/2 the number of units that I sold over a 2 week period last year.

My restock limit is set at 2x my December unit volume from last year.  In theory, it seems ok.  I can't figure out the best way to see how many units I had on hand before the 4th quarter started last year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

My restock limit is set at 2x my December unit volume from last year.  In theory, it seems ok.  I can't figure out the best way to see how many units I had on hand before the 4th quarter started last year.

I agree. Mine look pretty good. I think that if you haven't sold a decent volume so far in 2021, that is going to be reflected in the limits. If you primarily sell in q4 and then your sales dropped way off to basically nothing, that's going to be a problem for your limits. That being said, I'm hoping that they do have some adjustment for q4 when it gets to that point because I've had a great 2021 so far, but I'm planning to not send a lot of inventory in so I can slow down and enjoy the summer. I'm concerned what impact my choosing to slow down will have on those limits.

Here in germany are happening some things as well. Most of the EOL listings have now after the old description of the Item the following text: (not sold anymore by the producer)

And 2 ASINS from Audi Lego got pulled because of copyright...with the new speed champion still be sold as Audi...

6 hours ago, cobrakai said:

6 hours ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I agree. Mine look pretty good. I think that if you haven't sold a decent volume so far in 2021, that is going to be reflected in the limits. If you primarily sell in q4 and then your sales dropped way off to basically nothing, that's going to be a problem for your limits. That being said, I'm hoping that they do have some adjustment for q4 when it gets to that point because I've had a great 2021 so far, but I'm planning to not send a lot of inventory in so I can slow down and enjoy the summer. I'm concerned what impact my choosing to slow down will have on those limits.

My sales are up 75% over last year month over month, and my limit appears to be roughly equal to total sales for the past three months.  It looks like it got adjusted down a yesterday for unclear reasons.  Of course sales this year are up because I switched to a new sourcing strategy assuming I'd have infinite storage.

Q4 is going to be a nightmare, my sales are typically +800% a normal month in December.  No clue what amazon is going to do, no one knows how the limits are calculated, no way to plan for changes that are implemented with literally zero notice. 

On the bright side my walmart selling application was approved today.

Edited by flyingpig1

1 hour ago, flyingpig1 said:

My sales are up 75% over last year month over month, and my limit appears to be roughly equal to total sales for the past three months.  It looks like it got adjusted down a yesterday for unclear reasons.  Of course sales this year are up because I switched to a new sourcing strategy assuming I'd have infinite storage.

Q4 is going to be a nightmare, my sales are typically +800% a normal month in December.  No clue what amazon is going to do, no one knows how the limits are calculated, no way to plan for changes that are implemented with literally zero notice. 

Good luck with Walmart. If you think Amazon is a PIA, it's going to look amazing compared to Walmart! They're light-years behind Amazon. It's a mess. 

2 hours ago, flyingpig1 said:

Care to share any info about process? Was there any specific snags or issues or pretty much straightforward process? How long from submission to approval?

Edited by Bricklectic

4 hours ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Good luck with Walmart. If you think Amazon is a PIA, it's going to look amazing compared to Walmart! They're light-years behind Amazon. It's a mess. 

100 percent. Their seller central is a complete nightmare trying to figure out.  Anyone attempting to sell there.. Make sure you get someone to make a test purchase from you when you list or your first sale may be your last one 😆🤣😂.  Just a nightmare.  My business is still 99 percent Amazon. Walmart is the keep the plan B open thingy.

4 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Care to share any info about process? Was there any specific snags or issues or pretty much straightforward process? How long from submission to approval?

It's pretty straight forward. If you have an Amazon store..should have no problem getting approved. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

It's pretty straight forward. If you have an Amazon store..should have no problem getting approved. 

Yeah pretty much this.  Took less than a week.  You do need a legit business with an EIN and a DUNS number, but otherwise probably don't care about anything.

15 minutes in and i hate everything.  Seller central is really bad.  But as you say, plan B in case amazon continues to screw everyone over.

Edited by flyingpig1

On 4/28/2021 at 8:53 AM, Mark Twain said:

This morning Amazon reactivated one of the pulled ASINs and units that were stranded in FBA began selling. The open case was closed and units were no longer listed as stranded but I got a GTIN email for the exact ASIN with the following:

Due 5/27/2021 - This listing will be removed if you do not respond by the due date. This ASIN has GTIN codes that do not match the brand associated to the ASIN. GTIN codes are reliable data that are used to limit duplicate products in the catalog and ensure product authenticity. We verify the authenticity of GTINs by checking the GS1 database and GTINs that do not match information in GS1 are considered invalid. We recommend obtaining your GTINs directly from GS1 (and not from other third parties selling GTIN licenses) to ensure the appropriate information is reflected in the GS1 database. If you believe we have removed your ASIN in error, contact Selling Partner Support here. Repeatedly creating ASINs for brands you do not have a relationship with will result in the removal of ASIN creation abilities. Learn more .

No emails, but took a look at the fix your products page at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/fixyourproducts

38 listings tagged with that warning.  Yikes.