Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

23 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Speaking of getting burned, Amazon has not sent back my returned FBA things.  I made the request back in February

I still have 2 from around Christmas that am i still waiting on . I went from 100% FBA to 95% FBM. Life has been much less stressful  

• Like 3

Why hold Amazon or their customers accountable when you can liquidate your FBA returns and get 5% of the lowest price back??? :drag:

FBA Liquidations is a new program that lets you recover value from your excess and customer-returned inventory and avoid storage fees. 

How it works
We send your inventory to wholesale liquidators, allowing you to recover typically 5% to 10% of an item’s average selling price. The program offers an alternative to having your inventory disposed of or returned to you. 

To liquidate your inventory, select Liquidations when you create a removal order from any inventory planning page. 

I would start to consider it at 30% buy back. Another approach could be for Amazon to charge a monthly fee for them to reimburse a percent of the original sales price of the item returned as customer damage. I mean this would be a choice for the seller to participate in not de facto. The greater the percentage of recovery selected by the seller the higher the fee. The percent buy back vs fee could also change with the type of product. Some items retain more value than others when sold open like Legos for example. I still do quite well selling retired open Legos on ebay for example. A 5-10% buyback looks really low for Legos but it maybe great for other items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say 75% of my customer returns are still new and unopened.  Usually they just have some moderate package damage.  If we could see images of the units before they are sent back to us, then it would make this easier.  I never know if i'm going to get back a sealed item or a polybag with a broken, loose action figure in it.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I'd say 75% of my customer returns are still new and unopened.  Usually they just have some moderate package damage.  If we could see images of the units before they are sent back to us, then it would make this easier.  I never know if i'm going to get back a sealed item or a polybag with a broken, loose action figure in it.  

Same...and loose/complete action figures are worth a large portion of the sealed ones for live events like shows/at a shop or even on ebay. The damaged stuff just gets stacked up and eventually I will post it/sell it. 5-10% is beyond insulting. I would do that if sold food. 

Hello (suckers ),

Since the beginning of the pandemic, increased customer demand has led to higher return volumes and longer processing times. As a result, effective June 17, 2021, the reimbursement-claim window for customer returns in the US will increase from 45 days to 60 days. 

This change affects only processing time for reimbursement claims. The customer-return window will remain at 30 days.

While we expect that most returned units will still be processed within 45 days, this policy change will ensure that returned items are processed correctly. It will also minimize unnecessary transactions to and from your account. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:
Hello (suckers ),

Since the beginning of the pandemic, increased customer demand has led to higher return volumes and longer processing times. As a result, effective June 17, 2021, the reimbursement-claim window for customer returns in the US will increase from 45 days to 60 days. 

This change affects only processing time for reimbursement claims. The customer-return window will remain at 30 days.

While we expect that most returned units will still be processed within 45 days, this policy change will ensure that returned items are processed correctly. It will also minimize unnecessary transactions to and from your account. 

on a practical level  they have been reversing the reimbursements for the items that get returned after 45 days so it does not make that much of a difference (except waiting extra time to get legitimate reimbursements)

52 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:
Hello (suckers ),

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Do you all have any experience with $0.00 "Replacement" FBA orders? Does the buyer have to return the first order? Or does Amazon reimburse me for the first order or what?

You will get reimbursed within 45 days days if the customer doesn’t return the original. 

• Like 1

Question for those of you who overbox your FBA items... Do you put the FNSKU label on the outerbox and also on the LEGO box itself? Or just on the outerbox? And how many and where do you put the "This is a set, do not separate" (or some version of that) stickers on the outerbox?

I'm not sure that I'm going to make a habit of overboxing LEGO sets, but action figures all started requiring bubble wrap recently, so I'm going to outerbox instead of bubble wrap and just want to make sure that I don't lose inventory because of my prepping.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Question for those of you who overbox your FBA items... Do you put the FNSKU label on the outerbox and also on the LEGO box itself? Or just on the outerbox? And how many and where do you put the "This is a set, do not separate" (or some version of that) stickers on the outerbox?

I'm not sure that I'm going to make a habit of overboxing LEGO sets, but action figures all started requiring bubble wrap recently, so I'm going to outerbox instead of bubble wrap and just want to make sure that I don't lose inventory because of my prepping.

Thanks!

I always just put the FNSKU on the outer box and tape over it. I then add the "This is a set, do not separate" to front back and a couple sides.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Thanks!

I put a FNSKU label over the UPC code AND put a second FNSKU label on the outer box because I'm paranoid that someone may return it without the outer box (or use your outer box as the shipping box to be opened/discarded) and therefore Amazon won't be able to scan the FNSKU and know that it is actually your product that is being returned.

I put "Ready to Ship" labels on the outer box but it is the same as "Sold as a Set" according to this official Amazon guide

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/fba-help/QRG/FBA-Shipping-Inventory-to-Amazon.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

For all these LEGO ASINs that are "At risk of removal", how many are actually getting removed? I'm not seeing many getting removed, if any at all. These "At risk of removal" emails are compelling me to not ship stuff into FBA. It's frustrating.

I've gotten a few hundred of those "at risk" emails over the years and have yet to have a single product actually be removed for reasons related to the CPCs.  The restock limit is what is most annoying right now...mine has ranged from 4,700 to 9,500 over the past 2 months with no rhyme or reason for why it goes up or down...it's making inventory planning over any time frame longer than a week or two pretty much impossible.

One thing I do take comfort from is the fact that there is no way Amazon is a precusor to Skynet...imagine what the terminator movies would have been like if Amazon's AI had been driving the skynet bus.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 11:00 AM, Bold-Arrow said:

Lubed and ***ed by Jeff yet again with this new policy :

Items listed as Collectibles must provide added value. For example, they must feature an autograph or be an out-of-print edition. You must provide a detailed description of the collectible aspects of the item to justify listing an item in this category.

Just got a policy warning for listing a Lego as collectible instead of used . Listing deactivated and blocked . dumb shi*t. 

Subject : Notice: Policy Warning

Dear Seller,

We have removed the listings at the bottom of this message.

Why did this happen?
You are listing a product that is not in compliance with our Condition Guidelines. The ASIN and the reason for the removal of the listing is at the bottom of this message. Amazon’s policy regarding Condition Guidelines can be found at (https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsellercentral.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fhelp%2FG200339950&data=04%7C01%7C%7C6a9b45e3a33f46ba7d4508d9409fa1e0%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637611876618652967%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=nT7QAd0pmXfOS294um4SJtB%2FU4Vejx1wASnxxY2c9mY%3D&reserved=0).

If you have multiple condition listings on the same ASIN, all of those offers have been removed. You may re-create the offers in the other conditions without submitting an appeal.

Add a lot of fluff here. 

ASIN: B**********
Listed Condition: Collectible
Correct Condition: New or Used

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Just got a policy warning for listing a Lego as collectible instead of used . Listing deactivated and blocked . dumb shi*t. 

Subject : Notice: Policy Warning

Dear Seller,

We have removed the listings at the bottom of this message.

Why did this happen?
You are listing a product that is not in compliance with our Condition Guidelines. The ASIN and the reason for the removal of the listing is at the bottom of this message. Amazon’s policy regarding Condition Guidelines can be found at (https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsellercentral.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fhelp%2FG200339950&data=04%7C01%7C%7C6a9b45e3a33f46ba7d4508d9409fa1e0%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637611876618652967%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=nT7QAd0pmXfOS294um4SJtB%2FU4Vejx1wASnxxY2c9mY%3D&reserved=0).

If you have multiple condition listings on the same ASIN, all of those offers have been removed. You may re-create the offers in the other conditions without submitting an appeal.

Add a lot of fluff here. 

ASIN: B**********
Listed Condition: Collectible
Correct Condition: New or Used

Did you put anything in the condition notes about it being new?  I'm curious what proof they could have of the violation unless something in the condition notes didn't match the description. I used to just copy and paste the Amazon warehouse deals description "Item will come in original packaging.  Packaging will be damaged." I quit listing anything as collectible about a year ago when it seemed like it started to become problematic.  Too many people using it as a restriction workaround and typing "NEW" in the comments.

1 minute ago, cobrakai said:

Did you put anything in the condition notes about it being new?  I'm curious what proof they could have of the violation unless something in the condition notes didn't match the description. I used to just copy and paste the Amazon warehouse deals description "Item will come in original packaging.  Packaging will be damaged." I quit listing anything as collectible about a year ago when it seemed like it started to become problematic.  Too many people using it as a restriction workaround and typing "NEW" in the comments.

nope. I just use : Damaged box, still sealed. if is extensive damage, I try to be more descriptive and add pics. I stay away from the word new or anything that might sound like that . 

Going to try to appeal just to see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

nope. I just use : Damaged box, still sealed. if is extensive damage, I try to be more descriptive and add pics. I stay away from the word new or anything that might sound like that . 

Going to try to appeal just to see what happens. 

That is dumb.  If you listed it as "new" and the customer complained about the damaged box, then you'd get a "used sold as new complaint."  Now we also have to worry about "new sold as collectible" complaints?  I don't think they even let you list anything as "used" in the toy category, do they?

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

They don’t , that’s why it is stupid and annoying . 

They sent an email a bit ago that collectible is basically being phased out in toys and a few other categories. Stuff now has to signed or something to be collectible and everything else is going to be used, but used is going to eventually going to be eliminated. Looks like it will finally be starting. 

22 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

They sent an email a bit ago that collectible is basically being phased out in toys and a few other categories. Stuff now has to signed or something to be collectible and everything else is going to be used, but used is going to eventually going to be eliminated. Looks like it will finally be starting. 

So what's going to happen to toys sold by Amazon Warehouse, I wonder? Are they going to be the only entity allowed to sell used toys?  

I spent a month or so in the winter writing a program to read all of my emails for email confirmations, deliveries etc. Mining out the item information, store, confirmation numbers, tracking and pricing and storing it in a database. Going to try and wrap it into a delivery dashboard of some sorts that keeps track of all your orders, delivery dates, missed deliveries etc. Wondering if people would be interested in something like that?

I was sick of having to manually enter all my orders. Took wayyyyy too long.

• Like 1