Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

With the big increase in removal order fees announced, i'm curious if anyone here has tried Amazon's alternative options like grading, refurbishment, liquidations, etc?  Do these options work for toys? It looks like removal order fees for most standard items will go from .48 to 1.14 each.  I usually ignore all their suggestions for letting them handle my returns/unfulfillable inventory, but that is a hefty bump in fees.  75% of my refunded items are returned to me in decent condition to resell, 15% are partially broken, and 10% are totally broken and trashed. I have not really heard much negative or positive feedback on these programs from other sellers.

I hadn't read the fee increase but would be interested too to hear about the "options".  Most of the items returned to me are perfectly fine to resell as well.  I think its just easier for them to just throw the them into the return bin rather than re-inventory them.  Heck, when I get them back I just send them back in.

Customers send them back, Amazon charges us fees, then more fees to return, we send back in, Amazon charges more fees . . .  rinse and repeat

Edited by gmpirate

Has anyone had any luck getting Amazon to increase restock limits? Their response to me said they simply weren't doing it or even looking at people's accounts.
Thank god I have Apparel and Sneaker availability..............

Watch this but bold is correct and as is common seller support made up something so they don’t have to deal with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent 8 Ships in Bottle to Amazon on 11/15 All 8 become available on 11/15, even before arriving by amazon, and promptly sell out within a day. pretty cool so far. But I check the tracking now and I see it hasnt even been scanned in yet. (I dropped off by an access point and didnt scan it in). Even stranger is that its showing that it is in LA on 11/5, a week before label creation (i live in Ny and was shipping to PA). I'm thinking maybe thats why amazon let it be listed as available since the tracking was messed up.

But I am not sure what to do now as there are 8 orders for lost items that may never make it to amazon which I cant cancel. Will this ding my metrics, should I be reaching out proactively to amazon for damage control? I spoke to UPS they said to start a claim, however I think amazon needs to initiate.

image.png.323679022e2a9d7ee44c741b81a269f5.png

3 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I sent 8 Ships in Bottle to Amazon on 11/15 All 8 become available on 11/15, even before arriving by amazon, and promptly sell out within a day. pretty cool so far. But I check the tracking now and I see it hasnt even been scanned in yet. (I dropped off by an access point and didnt scan it in). Even stranger is that its showing that it is in LA on 11/5, a week before label creation (i live in Ny and was shipping to PA). I'm thinking maybe thats why amazon let it be listed as available since the tracking was messed up.

But I am not sure what to do now as there are 8 orders for lost items that may never make it to amazon which I cant cancel. Will this ding my metrics, should I be reaching out proactively to amazon for damage control? I spoke to UPS they said to start a claim, however I think amazon needs to initiate.

image.png.323679022e2a9d7ee44c741b81a269f5.png

I would leave it alone and no it won’t ding your metrics 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LegoBro said:

Speaking of ships in a bottle...what are you guys doing with the old set 21313. I don't see it listed and scared to death to send it in as 92177? Thoughts, anyone...someone...?

I personally don’t think you will have many issues but there is always a chance you will run into a dumbass 

• Like 2

I'm sending in my first shipments this year and am going through the new Send to Amazon workflow for the first time. I believe I entered everything correctly for multiple boxes to one fulfillment center, but the UPS fees are showing up as $0 even though I was able to print labels and my shipment shows up in my queue as "ready to ship." Will I just be billed to my seller account after UPS receives the packages? Previously the shipping fees were calculated before you confirmed shipment and printed labels, so I'm wondering if something changed that I wasn't aware of.

4 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I'm sending in my first shipments this year and am going through the new Send to Amazon workflow for the first time. I believe I entered everything correctly for multiple boxes to one fulfillment center, but the UPS fees are showing up as $0 even though I was able to print labels and my shipment shows up in my queue as "ready to ship." Will I just be billed to my seller account after UPS receives the packages? Previously the shipping fees were calculated before you confirmed shipment and printed labels, so I'm wondering if something changed that I wasn't aware of.

nothing has changed, should show fee 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

nothing has changed, should show fee 

Thanks! So if I was able to print the labels, they show under billing that postage was paid, and my shipment status says "ready to ship" should I go ahead and send them? I don't want any surprises later on with my inventory.

If you go to our FBA shipments , click on said shipment what does it say under fees in the top right side ? 

7D702720-1ABA-4DD8-B3C7-D2176C196FB2.jpeg

3 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Thanks! So if I was able to print the labels, they show under billing that postage was paid, and my shipment status says "ready to ship" should I go ahead and send them? I don't want any surprises later on with my inventory.

You should be good 

33 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I dont know about US FBA, but isnt a little bit too late? My aim is that everything is in stock mid november, so I begin shipping end of october.

2 minutes ago, Sozial said:

I dont know about US FBA, but isnt a little bit too late? My aim is that everything is in stock mid november, so I begin shipping end of october.

Not in the U.S., though I know I'm running late this year.

• Black Friday and Cyber Monday: November 15
  • Christmas: December 2

too late for BF, not Christmas 

Has anybody had this issue with an FBA shipment? Fulfillment center 1 hour drive from where I live. Boxes picked up by UPS ground Nov 15. Items made it to my store but quantities 0. Availability Dec 23 to 28. Crazy. Shipment marked as shipped at Amazon. By now it should be marked as delivered. When I run any of 9 tracking numbers UPS says delivered in different state on Nov 4 which is 11 days before I shipped. This is getting worse and worse. Reprinted shipping labels and no error on tracking numbers . UPS customer support says reused tracking numbers - Wait. Amazon seller support says never heard of reused tracking numbers - wait. And I am like I have no time to wait. Need to sell before Christmas hit. Pissed off.

12 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

Has anybody had this issue with an FBA shipment? Fulfillment center 1 hour drive from where I live. Boxes picked up by UPS ground Nov 15. Items made it to my store but quantities 0. Availability Dec 23 to 28. Crazy. Shipment marked as shipped at Amazon. By now it should be marked as delivered. When I run any of 9 tracking numbers UPS says delivered in different state on Nov 4 which is 11 days before I shipped. This is getting worse and worse. Reprinted shipping labels and no error on tracking numbers . UPS customer support says reused tracking numbers - Wait. Amazon seller support says never heard of reused tracking numbers - wait. And I am like I have no time to wait. Need to sell before Christmas hit. Pissed off.

It usually corrects itself on its own , but I agree annoying af 

On 11/18/2021 at 8:33 AM, chinothegeeko said:

Watch this but bold is correct and as is common seller support made up something so they don’t have to deal with you.

it’s the week of Black Friday 

my sales are up 50% over last year 

of course today is the day Amazon revises my inventory limit down 300 units  

Sigh. 

it’s the week of Black Friday 

my sales are up 50% over last year 

of course today is the day Amazon revises my inventory limit down 300 units  

Sigh. 

Amazon doesn’t care what you did last year. It’s how fast you sold what you had in stock last week. And this is just fba not fbm