Selling through Amazon FBA

appleseed1967

Everybody’s experience seems to be different but in my case boxes or sets that go unaccounted for from FBA inventory shipments typically reappear in my inventory months later. Trying to get reimbursed for these has never worked for me and I tried too. As long as there isn’t a report of a loss within the FBA shipment Amazon does not consider the missing boxes or items as lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

Everybody’s experience seems to be different but in my case boxes or sets that go unaccounted for from FBA inventory shipments typically reappear in my inventory months later. Trying to get reimbursed for these has never worked for me and I tried too. As long as there isn’t a report of a loss within the FBA shipment Amazon does not consider the missing boxes or items as lost.

This ^

14 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

I heard that and exactly why I am waiting instead of putting myself back into their CS hell.    

21 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Same. Sent in 10 units mid January and all were checked in and went through FC transfer. All sold, then one by one each was canceled and now my inventory shows zero stock and my shipping inventory page also shows no units. It’s still listed as being in “receiving” and I cannot launch an investigation until 2/28. I’m guessing they’ve all been lost, but that’s super weird considering how many different FC warehouses they were sent to.

Are you guys saying these errors are happening after the shipment contents already show received in full? I have always reconciled my shipments at the end of the month, but if it shows "48 expected, 48 received," then I ignore it and assume it is fine.  I have no idea how to begin reconciling stuff that is checked in and then dissapears after the fact.  Wouldn't it show up as inventory "lost" and then be automatically reimbursed when it isn't found after a certain amount of time?  I do review all the warehouse lost events and 99.9% of them have already been automatically reimbursed after 60 days (or whatever their time frame is.)  I do sometimes notice large quantities of items suddenly selling when I had sold out of them months ago.  

2 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

Are you guys saying these errors are happening after the shipment contents already show received in full? I have always reconciled my shipments at the end of the month, but if it shows "48 expected, 48 received," then I ignore it and assume it is fine.  I have no idea how to begin reconciling stuff that is checked in and then dissapears after the fact.  Wouldn't it show up as inventory "lost" and then be automatically reimbursed when it isn't found after a certain amount of time?  I do review all the warehouse lost events and 99.9% of them have already been automatically reimbursed after 60 days (or whatever their time frame is.)  I do sometimes notice large quantities of items suddenly selling when I had sold out of them months ago.  

No, not for me. Still stuck in Receiving until the 2/27 but the status shows each item was checked in and then went into FC transfer and now no update for the past month. All units appeared in my storage volume and restock limits then slowly disappeared over the past month. Monthly inventory history lists all units as *XFR, so I'm assuming that they're stuck in FC transfer limbo or lost between warehouses. 

22 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

No, not for me. Still stuck in Receiving until the 2/27 but the status shows each item was checked in and then went into FC transfer and now no update for the past month. All units appeared in my storage volume and restock limits then slowly disappeared over the past month. Monthly inventory history lists all units as *XFR, so I'm assuming that they're stuck in FC transfer limbo or lost between warehouses. 

Same here. Actually, in the Received Inventory report I can see all my items checked in in the original FC, and then a few days later I see the Detroit FC remove one of my items (they lost it in FC transfer I guess?). That was on 2/5. Funnily enough my Shipment Reconcilliation shows up as if I never sent in that one item, even though the receiving FC clear said they got it. And no updates since 2/5 (18 days ago) and all my inventory except 1 item is now Inactive, even though it was active until last week, and I sold a fair bunch of the items. I'm going to give it some time but will open a case if this stays the same for a longer period of time.

Edited by Phil B

51 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

if they transfer it to another fc and for whatever reason it doesn't get checked in there they will remove it from your inventory. It will show something like receipt -1 in your inventory event report so just because they confirmed receipt does not mean that they won't end up taking it out. The lost at warehouse are if it is confirmed received at the ultimate destination for that item 

1 hour ago, cobrakai said:

Mine actually were delivered to a FC, then checked in, then Received at 2 different FCs. Then shipment closed with discrepancies.  There were 2 boxes, each box ended up at a different FC.  That was probably part of the problem with CS not being able to investigate this mess.  

7 hours ago, river41 said:

if they transfer it to another fc and for whatever reason it doesn't get checked in there they will remove it from your inventory. It will show something like receipt -1 in your inventory event report so just because they confirmed receipt does not mean that they won't end up taking it out. The lost at warehouse are if it is confirmed received at the ultimate destination for that item 

Are they just just marking stuff as "received" when it hits the first warehouse, but then transferring the boxes before they even open them?  Then once the individual units get checked in to their final destination, they are saying stuff is missing?

Another one of Amazon's "Scams": Sold a Snoke's Throne Room in December and received $78.02 as proceeds after all fees. Customer initiates a return in early Jan and Amazon takes $87 out of my account for the return (basically, I pay $8.98 for the return shipping). The customer never returns the set, so now, after 2 months, I get a reimbursement.

Question for the audience, how much do you think I should get back, and how much do you think I got back?

Answer: The logical thing would be to get $87 back, as there was never a physical return, so no cost was incurred. I got $77.57 back however, which makes no sense in relation to any of the amounts listed before. So instead of having $78.02 as proceeds, I now have $78.02-$87+$77.57 = $68.59. Why does Amazon get to keep $10? 

Anyone tried challenging them on this and successfully getting the difference reimbursed? Or is this one more for the "the cost of doing business on Amazon"?

• Like 1

In the retail world, this is all shrinkage. It sucks, but brick and mortar stores have to deal with shoplifting, supplier fraud, damaged/outdated product, employee theft, accounting errors (cash counting, etc.). 

The cost of doing business with Amazon is the cost of business. 

And yes, [email protected] should be a popular email address. 💩

5 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I received a random sealed Fire Tablet as an FBA return one time. Luckily it was comparable in price to the set I sold. I just sold it on EBay.  I know I received a drone one time too as an FBA return. I think it was worthless.

29 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Find the removal order and removal shipment ID/details and open a case:  FBA issues>removal orders>request reimbursement>received incorrect item.  Send them a picture of the item you received, the packing slip, and the shipping box.  They will have you fill in the LPN # off the sticker on the package.  They should reimburse you and you just keep that thing they sent you.

Edited by cobrakai
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

My question is;  why?  He proudly boasts that he sells things for $40 when every one else is selling them for $100.  Strange flex.  But I suppose it explains some of the pricing I see on many sets.  It blows me away how people just love giving money away by selling things 20-50% cheaper than they could.

• Like 1